TEAM SHELBY FORUM

How many Shelby Dakota's have you seen in your town?

JAKETHESNAKE

So how many have you seen driving around? There's another guy or gal about a mile from me that has what looks to be an original red Shelby Dakota, I think its cool to see other Shelby dodges since alot of people have never heard of them. I have also seen another red one in Concord, at a muffler shop, and one in Rio Vista at the gas station, those ones werent as nice but still a Shelby none the less. Lets hear about your Shelby sightings :drool:

0 -I'm in Canada (where Shelby Dodges weren't sold originally), so my GLHS is the only one I've ever seen. I'm told one of my buddies once saw a S/D up here though! It was seen driving around either Calgary or Edmonton, I forget which.

I've seen quite a few in the Detroit area. Four are owned by folks in our local SDAC chapter, and I see a couple driving around in my neighborhood from time to time. I think I see more Shelby Dakota's than any other Shelby's (Ford or Dodge). 1987 CSX's and GLHS's are popular around here also, but I still think I see more Dak's than any others.

• 3 weeks later...

I've seen quite a few in the Detroit area. Four are owned by folks in our local SDAC chapter, and I see a couple driving around in my neighborhood from time to time. I think I see more Shelby Dakota's than any other Shelby's (Ford or Dodge). 1987 CSX's and GLHS's are popular around here also, but I still think I see more Dak's than any others.

The only one i've seen in my area is the one i just bought 02-15-10 that's covering a 40 mile radius in n.c. I wouldn't have known what it was if it hadn't been for the grille badge shelby, front end that i recognized. i know they will be worth quite a bit my uncle told me he restores vintage autos and has books on these trucks no matter if it's missing the shelby stripe kit and cab farring so when i saw this one i jumped on it.

• 1 month later...

My Neighbor used to own a Shelby Automobiles mechanics shop in Livermore, he owns a Cobra, GT40, and a GT350 all of which I think are authentic. I'm pretty sure that he said he's gotten to meet CS before when I was talking to him one time. Anyways He's the only guy I'll let work on my truck, all his buddies drive Shelbys too. :happy feet:

• 2 weeks later...

I took the family to Palm Springs for a long weekend a couple weeks ago. While driving to the 'River walk' I saw a White Shelby Dakota turn in front of us, I grabbed for my cell phone to snap a pic, but then he turned right down a side street and the wife and kids were not really down with my plan to follow him and shoot some pics :slapfight: It was missing the graphics and the lightbar but looked pretty strait overall.

Alan

Archived