TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Super charger question

Hi all,

Quite new to this whole scene, also computer illiterate. Okay enough about that, I have 2007 Shelby Gt Black/Silver stripe. I was looking to move up the the next level and get it supercharged, seems to be many options out there and was wondering if i could get some feedback as to what kit would give me the most bang for the buck and what performance shop could handle it in the nnj area.

Thanks

dgriffin

Hi all,

Quite new to this whole scene, also computer illiterate. Okay enough about that, I have 2007 Shelby Gt Black/Silver stripe. I was looking to move up the the next level and get it supercharged, seems to be many options out there and was wondering if i could get some feedback as to what kit would give me the most bang for the buck and what performance shop could handle it in the nnj area.

Thanks

dgriffin

As far as I'm concerned there is only one answer to that question....Tasca Ford in Cranston R.I. get in touch with Dennis Gomes up there and he'll set ya straight!

PS: good choice on the color! It's always better to start with the fastest color and improve from there... :peelout:

You definitely picked the fastest of the colors ! Congratulations :happy feet:

Most "bang for the buck" is what I did and installed a Paxton myself, $3200. Going with an Edelbrock would also be cost effective.

Going with a Whipple or Kenne Bell is best overall for performance but it will cost a pretty penny.

Keeping it registry true will cost even more.

GOOD LUCK !!

I can recommend the Shelby Mod shop 110%!

Very good experience and my car was done quickly.

Keeping the car as a registered SGT/SC is unimportant to many, but to me it was really a super cool experience that I shared with my daughter and my father....

The memories are priceless. And I made a friend or two along the way...

As for performance you will love any SC, these cars rip with forced induction. I will also recommend stickier and wider tires, really changed the car. The stock tires are next to useless with the added power.

My two cents...Cheers!

If you want a Whipple or KB and being in the registry as such is important, I'll echo Tasca again. Dennis is a nice man and will take care of you. If you want on of the other brands and have less money to spend, JDM in NJ is a great shop and Jim Sr. or Jim Jr. will be able to help as well. Both are well versed in Mustangs and superchargers. Good luck... and if you have the money to spend, go with Tasca for sure.

Jim

Can not agree on the fastest color, but will agree Dennis at Tasca is your man, he did an outstanding job on my car.

Did you have any clutch slippage with that 495 RWHP ? I was just wondering because I want Tasca to bring my 07 SGT/SC to 500 RWHP (nice round number) and I don't want to replace the existing (original) clutch if I don't have to.

Thanks,

Pete.

Did you have any clutch slippage with that 495 RWHP ? I was just wondering because I want Tasca to bring my 07 SGT/SC to 500 RWHP (nice round number) and I don't want to replace the existing (original) clutch if I don't have to.

Thanks,

Pete.

512 RWHP and so far no clutch slippage but I do smell a little clutch every now and then when @ the track

If that helps u

Thanks,

Pete.

Pete,

My clutch did not slip on the Dyno and has not slipped while driving, but I do not beat the crap out of my car. With that said, every clutch is different, Dennis was surprised it did not slip at all. He also said I got a little more power than most Whipple 550's he does, more than likely the One Peice Aluminum drive shaft did it.

I do want to get a clutch, I know it would probably grab much better if I beat on it, but feel like mine is OK the way it is. I guess I will see when I eventually get one whether mine really is deficient, but it does not seem to be.

Good luck, I was not worried about hitting 500, 495 is plenty and I stuck with the Ford Tune.

Pete,

My clutch did not slip on the Dyno and has not slipped while driving, but I do not beat the crap out of my car. With that said, every clutch is different, Dennis was surprised it did not slip at all. He also said I got a little more power than most Whipple 550's he does, more than likely the One Peice Aluminum drive shaft did it.

I too was worried about clutch slippage on the stock so I opted for the Spec 2 clutch. Grabs like a freight train. Had to get use to it during the break in which was kind of annoying, but now it's great. With the canned tune I am at 467 at the rws, but that is plenty for me. At least for now. As others have said, go for it...your life will never be the same! Craig :shift:

Couldn't have said it better myself. Tasca did a great job, I will hopefully be heading back there way soon for some more mods :D

You live all the way in NY, that helps keep some money in the pocket. I have been back, they installed my exhaust. As soon as the salt is off the road I am having them install the Kicker Speaker System. See what happens, might have to get that McLeod Twin Disk as well this year.

Hope all is well, hopefully we meet up this coming year at one of the events.

By the way, where have you been Dave, have not seen you post on here in a while. Hope all is well Sir

Yeah your car dyno'd sweet!!!!!!

Was that SAE hp?

I can say that on a dyno pull I did on my car with the stock rubber, I taped it and when I played it back at slow speed I could see the puff of smoke coming off the rear tire on the roller...pretty funny.

Love the S/C. It makes an awesome car, more so.

Cheers!

I too was worried about clutch slippage on the stock so I opted for the Spec 2 clutch. Grabs like a freight train. Had to get use to it during the break in which was kind of annoying, but now it's great. With the canned tune I am at 467 at the rws, but that is plenty for me. At least for now. As others have said, go for it...your life will never be the same! Craig :shift:

Could you tell me what it cost for the spec 2 clutch parts and labor. thanks.

Pete,

I do want to get a clutch, I know it would probably grab much better if I beat on it, but feel like mine is OK the way it is. I guess I will see when I eventually get one whether mine really is deficient, but it does not seem to be.

Good luck, I was not worried about hitting 500, 495 is plenty and I stuck with the Ford Tune

Thanks for the reply. Iam going to go for it without the clutch mod. I have the 500 HP whipple (one of the original factory installs from SAI back in 2007). It dynoe'd at 427 RWHP as recieved from SAI. I believe I can achieve 500 RWHP with a new throttlebody, tune, and perhaps a new pully. Tasca is awesome and will do all the work.

Thanks again,

Pete.

Archived