TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Buying a SGT

bxsicecold

I am looking at buying a 2007 Shelby GT. It only has 1300 miles but I was wondering if there if there is anything in particular I should look at (Such as common problem areas). Any responses will be appreciated.

The things I would watch for on this car are the front spoiler and even the rocker panels. This car is so low to the ground its very easy to tear up the front spoiler. It is also very easy to drop it off a curb and mess up a rocker panels. The only other problem I've had with my GT-H is the battery. The battery will only keep a charge about a week but I've heard this is a common problem. These are minor things to watch for now.............

GO BUY THAT CAR !!!

SVT

Thanks for the info. We have a BMW Z4 so I'm used to driving carefully LOL. I meant things I should look at before I buy it. I was also wondering how often you guys drive your cars. I am buying mine as a daily driver. Am I the only one?

Mine is pretty much a daily driver as long as the weather is good.

You might want to check if the Hood scoop fix has been done. If not, it may be out of warranty by now. Check the condition of the stripes. There seems to have been a problem with some of them discoloring.

You won't regret buying it. The SGT is very fun car to drive.

I am looking at buying a 2007 Shelby GT. It only has 1300 miles but I was wondering if there if there is anything in particular I should look at (Such as common problem areas). Any responses will be appreciated.

The main problem areas to look for are cosmetic. Mainly the stripes, spotting and peeling around the edges and the hood scoop warping. I suspect that most that were bad have been replaced by now under warranty. There have been a few problems with the Hurst shifter rattling as well.

Daily driver...not a problem. Mine is almost a daily driver. Being retired, I usually don't drive if the weather is really bad. I'm more concerned with where I'll be parking it rather than the weather. Enjoy and post some pics.

Jim

In addition to the cosmetic items mentioned above make sure all badges are present, the power by Ford ones, your dash plaque along with the engine bay plaque and oh don't forget the Shelby front floor mats.

Mine is a DD, 18,000+ and still loving it everytime I get in it.

Buy it and enjoy it!!!

Don't forget about the 3rd gear synro issue! Some of these cars (not just Shelbys) with the 4.6L and the 5 speed have a problem with some of the internals in the tranny. If it doesn't upshift or downshift into 3rd it could be inline for the fix. Ford has issued a TSB for this. The milage is low depending on when it was first purchased it may still be under warranty for this or any of the above mentioned items.

Good luck with the car.... hope you're looking at a fast colored BLACK one!

Mine is a daily driver when the weather is decent which is most of the time in central Texas. I put about 26,000 miles on it since I bought it a year ago. I LOVE IT !

If at all possible, look for one that has already been supercharged and had the hood scoop/stripes replaced.

Good Luck to you !!

Archived