TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Light next to headlight dimmer switch

Jake Auerbach

Hello all,

Just picked up my gt500 today. I noticed a small cylindrical white lens next to the dimmer switch on my headlight panel. I could not find any info on it in the manual. I also searched the forums for interior pictures and didn't see anyone else with this item. It is a used car I suppose it was installed by the previous owner. Anyone know what it might be? Sorry if this is an obvious or silly question but it is really bugging me! Thanks in advance!

Hello all,

Just picked up my gt500 today. I noticed a small cylindrical white lens next to the dimmer switch on my headlight panel. I could not find any info on it in the manual. I also searched the forums for interior pictures and didn't see anyone else with this item. It is a used car I suppose it was installed by the previous owner. Anyone know what it might be? Sorry if this is an obvious or silly question but it is really bugging me! Thanks in advance!

Jake,

I have no ideas, but it would help if you posted a picture.

Stuart

Actually these were added to all GT 500's built after 1/20/09 and are knows as the O-Cam. It is now a government mandated addition to the security system in your car. Your pic indicates your car was an early build as later models have them installed in what the owner's manual says are security monitors on the interior light overhead console. Most convertibles have 2 so the passenger as well as the driver can be monitored. Tracked by satellites high above the earth, the O-Cam monitors how much fuel you burn, what speed you operate the vehicle at and, with GPS assistance, how often you violate local speed limit laws. While only an information gathering system at this point, it will be used in the near future to determine additional taxes due from the operator of said vehicle to offset the carbon footprint, excessive use of fossil fuel and establishing the "fun factor" tax that will soon be added to all vehicles that are not earth friendly. I would suggest covering it with a signal blocking tape, such as the foil tape used on household hvac ducting (not duct tape) or taping a 2 inch by 2 inch square of aluminum foil over the device and surrounding area. Of course, when you take your car in for service, they'll remove it and deny any of the above.

:nonono:

Actually these were added to all GT 500's built after 1/20/09 and are knows as the O-Cam. It is now a government mandated addition to the security system in your car. Your pic indicates your car was an early build as later models have them installed in what the owner's manual says are security monitors on the interior light overhead console. Most convertibles have 2 so the passenger as well as the driver can be monitored. Tracked by satellites high above the earth, the O-Cam monitors how much fuel you burn, what speed you operate the vehicle at and, with GPS assistance, how often you violate local speed limit laws. While only an information gathering system at this point, it will be used in the near future to determine additional taxes due from the operator of said vehicle to offset the carbon footprint, excessive use of fossil fuel and establishing the "fun factor" tax that will soon be added to all vehicles that are not earth friendly. I would suggest covering it with a signal blocking tape, such as the foil tape used on household hvac ducting (not duct tape) or taping a 2 inch by 2 inch square of aluminum foil over the device and surrounding area. Of course, when you take your car in for service, they'll remove it and deny any of the above.

:nonono:

LMAO...

+1 cover that up! hysterical.gif

:headscratch:

There might be some truth in that.

At least this part:

Establishing the "fun factor" tax that will soon be added to all GAS GUZZLER vehicles.

Heard something of this possibly being passed in CA :talkhand:

Rod Serling

I have monitored the system after installing the tape and it seem that males with receding hair lines amplify the signal and it continues to operate even with the tape on. The only way to completely disable the signal is to have all Males with receding hair lines to wear the appropriate foil signal deflector hat. If you have issues with the foil hat you can add the foil to an existing baseball cap.

Glen

I have monitored the system after installing the tape and it seem that males with receding hair lines amplify the signal and it continues to operate even with the tape on. The only way to completely disable the signal is to have all Males with receding hair lines to wear the appropriate foil signal deflector hat. If you have issues with the foil hat you can add the foil to an existing baseball cap.

Glen

azdb.jpg

This is both funny and sad, because it's true

:)

Hello all,

This white lens is a recent addition from the OEM and is used by the Captain or First Officer to activate the transporter function of the Starship Shelby GT500, which then propels the crew to the Nebula Nirvana. You'll notice this effect each time you engage the SC drive during hard acceleration to light speed. This also explains it's close proximity to the dimmer switch, although Wayfarers are sometimes substituted when the Flux Capacitor is malfunctioning.

This white lens is a recent addition from the OEM and is used by the Captain or First Officer to activate the transporter function of the Starship Shelby GT500, which then propels the crew to the Nebula Nirvana. You'll notice this effect each time you engage the SC drive during hard acceleration to light speed. This also explains it's close proximity to the dimmer switch, although Wayfarers are sometimes substituted when the Flux Capacitor is malfunctioning.

Good one! I like the transporter function!

Archived