TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Here we go....

Stupid bananaheads. It's in their DNA to do things like this; I'm convinced that they just can't help themselves...

Gordon Gecko: "Greed is good". banghead.gif

This makes me sick... it truly should be illegal.

I heard a story about the pontiac solstice when it first came out. (I think thats the car) And Pontiac dealers were charging ADM's, then Pontiac came forward and told their dealers that they (Pontiac) wouldn't allow any ADM's. I think Ford should have done that with the SGT's and GT500's and now the GT350's. Too many good dealerships are gone and you've got ones like this that should be greatful to still be around.

Ok, I'm stepping down from my soapbox. :soapbox:

Just a note to prospective buyers:

Do not pay over sticker for this car. This is a post title vehicle. Price of the vehicle you are ordering from your dealer then the back half of the transaction through Shelby American. The price of the vehicle should be your base ordered vehicle and our standard package upfit base price of $33,995 plus any options you choose from Shelby American.

This appears to be placed on speculation as we do not have a matching VIN or assigned CSM.

If you have any questions, please contact us regarding the specifics of this program.

Roger

rogers@shelbyamerican.com

702-942-7325 ext. 145

They have the wrong VIN# for this Mustang (P8A is a V6 coupe )( P8C is a 2011 GT coupe) I was just ordering a GT coupe a few minutes ago so the VIN looked incorrect.

There are plenty of idiot dealers out there that hurt the good dealers!

Tom

Not to mention, the Ford VIN Decoder site also returns it as a 2010 Mustang???

VIN: 1ZVBP8AN6A5176906

8th Position VIN Code:N Engine:4.1 L Cylinders:6 Fuel:Gasoline Engine Manufacturer:FORD

10th Position VIN Code:A Model Year:2010

Gregg

07SGT0547

I wrote this guy and if you notice, he changed the heading to 2010 GT350. I don't think he gets it and I don't know why this upsets me so much... but it does.

I'll venture a guess as to why this upsets me so much. I'm a very loyal Ford guys and bought numerous Ford from a dealer in OH. (13 in 10 years) The GT500 came out and I called my dealer telling them I wanted to order one... months went by and the dealer I was so loyal to called to tell me I'm on the order list. All they need is a $5,000 deposit and I'd need to sign for the $20,000 above Invoice add on. I was shocked, I'd been loyal to this dealer and they hit me with a $20,000 increase! Ever since then, I've been bothered by this action. I only wish I'd known of MM back then and this forum as well. Sorry to rant away on this, but maybe it'll help getting it out of my system. :)

This makes me sick... it truly should be illegal.

Gentlemen,

I don't know why this type of thing upsets people??? This is still America and price-fixing is generally illegal (at least for now). We all love it when we pay a dealer substantially less than MSRP and in some cases less than dealers cost. We love it when the free market system works in our favor and we sell a 1966 GT350 that we bought for $30,000 15 years ago for $200,000 at Barrett Jackson today. We love it when the home we purchased 20 years ago for $55,000 brings $300,000 today.

The laws of economics are as certain as the law of gravity and as such, there are only two ways to allocate any limited commodity. And that is with a price, or with a line. When items are allocated with a price they are always available for sale and demand is matched to supply by that price. D Flawless diamonds are very rare, but you can walk into a jewelry store and buy one without any wait today. 1965 Shelby GT350 Mustangs are very rare, but I can buy one within the next 30 days because they are always available...... at a price.

Perhaps we should fix the price of a 1965 GT350 at $50,000. Nobody should be able to sell one for more than that amount. Demand would immediately overwhelm the available supply and a waiting list stretching to the horizon would form. We would pay somewhat less, but our savings would be eaten up in the wasted time and lost opportunities that would be consumed while we are standing in that line. Fixed prices for commodities and extremely long lines were the norm in the Soviet Union. Back in the 1970s during the gas crisis, gasoline prices were fixed by our government resulting in the same disastrous long lines.

Most of the cars advertised on eBay by private individuals have "buy it now prices" that are ridiculous. Most of the cars I see advertised in auto trader by private individuals also have idiotically high and unrealistic prices. Stupidity is not illegal either.

The dealer who ran this ad will not fetch $110,000. His ad is a waste of time and bandwidth. I was able to secure a chassis from Tom Glockner at Santa Margarita Ford at a discount. Anybody else can do the same. If you buy a new GT350 and want to turn around and advertise it for $300,000, you are free to do so. If I am stupid enough to pay you $300,000, I am free to do so. But I wouldn't bank on that.

Our entire free market system is under assault. Capitalism has made this the wealthiest nation in the history of mankind. With all of its flaws and all of its warts, the cumulative buying and selling decisions of 300 plus million people results in an efficiency of pricing and distribution unmatched by any other system that's ever been deployed. Every time I hear an American say, "that should be illegal", I cringe. Because every new law making something illegal strips us all of a measure of the freedom that we previously enjoyed.

Guard that freedom, and cherish the liberty that rewards good decisions and punishes bad ones. In this manner, all Americans cumulatively decide who succeeds and who fails. When we lose faith in ourselves and wish to rely upon decisions imposed upon us by our political masters, those same overlords will pick and choose the winners and losers. And we all become subservient pawns to those rulers who were once public servants themselves.

God bless America.

Chip

The dealer is doing something that ebay says you cant do! You have to be able to deliver the car with in 2 weeks or something like that!

Chip Beck. YOU ARE THE MAN!!! I wish I could have said that HALF as well as you did!

GOD BLESS AMERICA, INDEED!!!!

MM

Sounds like one of the 2 parties will be mad by the end of that transaction.

The dealer will be if they find a smart customer (someone that knows his/her as* from a hole in the ground), or

the customer will be mad to find out this is not gonna be a smooth transaction or delivered any time soon..

Good luck on selling that one!

Gentlemen,

I don't know why this type of thing upsets people??? This is still America and price-fixing is generally illegal (at least for now). We all love it when we pay a dealer substantially less than MSRP and in some cases less than dealers cost. We love it when the free market system works in our favor and we sell a 1966 GT350 that we bought for $30,000 15 years ago for $200,000 at Barrett Jackson today. We love it when the home we purchased 20 years ago for $55,000 brings $300,000 today.

The laws of economics are as certain as the law of gravity and as such, there are only two ways to allocate any limited commodity. And that is with a price, or with a line. When items are allocated with a price they are always available for sale and demand is matched to supply by that price. D Flawless diamonds are very rare, but you can walk into a jewelry store and buy one without any wait today. 1965 Shelby GT350 Mustangs are very rare, but I can buy one within the next 30 days because they are always available...... at a price.

Perhaps we should fix the price of a 1965 GT350 at $50,000. Nobody should be able to sell one for more than that amount. Demand would immediately overwhelm the available supply and a waiting list stretching to the horizon would form. We would pay somewhat less, but our savings would be eaten up in the wasted time and lost opportunities that would be consumed while we are standing in that line. Fixed prices for commodities and extremely long lines were the norm in the Soviet Union. Back in the 1970s during the gas crisis, gasoline prices were fixed by our government resulting in the same disastrous long lines.

Most of the cars advertised on eBay by private individuals have "buy it now prices" that are ridiculous. Most of the cars I see advertised in auto trader by private individuals also have idiotically high and unrealistic prices. Stupidity is not illegal either.

The dealer who ran this ad will not fetch $110,000. His ad is a waste of time and bandwidth. I was able to secure a chassis from Tom Glockner at Santa Margarita Ford at a discount. Anybody else can do the same. If you buy a new GT350 and want to turn around and advertise it for $300,000, you are free to do so. If I am stupid enough to pay you $300,000, I am free to do so. But I wouldn't bank on that.

Our entire free market system is under assault. Capitalism has made this the wealthiest nation in the history of mankind. With all of its flaws and all of its warts, the cumulative buying and selling decisions of 300 plus million people results in an efficiency of pricing and distribution unmatched by any other system that's ever been deployed. Every time I hear an American say, "that should be illegal", I cringe. Because every new law making something illegal strips us all of a measure of the freedom that we previously enjoyed.

Guard that freedom, and cherish the liberty that rewards good decisions and punishes bad ones. In this manner, all Americans cumulatively decide who succeeds and who fails. When we lose faith in ourselves and wish to rely upon decisions imposed upon us by our political masters, those same overlords will pick and choose the winners and losers. And we all become subservient pawns to those rulers who were once public servants themselves.

God bless America.

Chip

Great post Chip.

Ask what you want......................get what it's worth.

Due to franchise laws between Ford (and most manufacturers) and their dealers, nobody can tell a dealer how much they can ask for a vehicle. Ford can't and neither can a law.

That said, it's silly that someone would mark up a 2011 GT350 so much. As Roger from SAI mentioned, this is just a regular 2011 Mustang GT as far as the dealership and its allocation is concerned. It is not a limited production car. Sure, SAI said they'd start with about 500 units in mind, but they also said they'll build more as demand warrants. Let's be real; as wonderful as this car is, there won't be any shortage of them for someone who truly wants one.

We ordered our first 2011 GT350 on January 18th for one of our regular customers on X-plan. He's getting a great deal for the 2011 GT (just over the invoice total, which is a couple grand less than MSRP). And he pays the flat fee to SAI for the post-title conversion. It shouldn't be any more complicated at any dealership; it's just a regular GT for the dealer's part of the deal.

Gentlemen,

God bless America.

Chip

BRAVO!!!!

My current GT500 once sat on the showroom floor of the dealership owned by one of my good friends, with a $60,000 price tag. (!)

I told him he was out of his freeking mind... He was confident that somebody would pay that price. The car sat. And sat. Then they "reduced" the markup down to "only" $5000 over sticker. He called me and asked if I was still interested... NOPE. Months later Ford offered 0% for 60 months. But they wanted to sell it for sticker, as if THAT was a deal.

Still not interested.

Finally they became more open to "discussion" and I ended up getting the car for $42,000 which was quite a bit under the $48,975 sticker price.

If someone had decided to pay that 60K price, more power to them.

Recently been looking at KR's. Same thing, they still have some at 70-80 thousand dollars. You can also find them in the low 50's now. Almost 30 K off the prices from last summer...

Nobody holds a gun to anyone's head and says "Pay way more than this car is worth or else"

This IS AMERICA! And it's the greatest country on the face of the planet.

I wrote this guy and if you notice, he changed the heading to 2010 GT350. I don't think he gets it and I don't know why this upsets me so much... but it does.

I'll venture a guess as to why this upsets me so much. I'm a very loyal Ford guys and bought numerous Ford from a dealer in OH. (13 in 10 years) The GT500 came out and I called my dealer telling them I wanted to order one... months went by and the dealer I was so loyal to called to tell me I'm on the order list. All they need is a $5,000 deposit and I'd need to sign for the $20,000 above Invoice add on. I was shocked, I'd been loyal to this dealer and they hit me with a $20,000 increase! Ever since then, I've been bothered by this action. I only wish I'd known of MM back then and this forum as well. Sorry to rant away on this, but maybe it'll help getting it out of my system. smile.gif

Something must have "happened"... Item no longer listed as being active...

Gregg

07SGT0547

I'd sell my allocation for 300k in a hearbeat, then order 2 more GT350's for myself (making one a complete race car) and a Cobra to go along with them. The money left over can pay for part of the warehouse I would need to store all my cars in.

There's a sucker born every minute.

~Someone who had a clue

This is just an example of why its hard to feel sorry for dealers.

BTW KR's are selling in the mid 50's to high 50s for '08s and high 50s to low 60s for '09s depending on equipment.

If dealers are still holding out for 70s or 80s on KRs (and there are some) they will be sitting a while. At least until the economy turns around.

Archived