TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Help please with 2 questions

Just wondering if I can get some hlep with 2 questions

1) There was a thread about a lost Shelby GT-H tune and I think I may have the same problem but I can't seem to find the thread, can anyone help?

2) Does anyone know if the center caps sold by SPP (the Shelby GT-H version) will fit on the 2010 GT500 rims, are the center caps the same stock size?

Thanks in advance

• 4 weeks later...

1) There was a thread about a lost Shelby GT-H tune and I think I may have the same problem but I can't seem to find the thread, can anyone help?

2) Does anyone know if the center caps sold by SPP (the Shelby GT-H version) will fit on the 2010 GT500 rims, are the center caps the same stock size?

Thanks in advance

I doubt it would fit. It's not about the diameter of the hole, but the recesses nature of the GT500 wheels around the center cap.

Just my opinion.

Thanks in advance

Thanks in advance

1. If you need any work done to the car that requires the tune your dealer can contact Shelby American and they can assist. There may be a thread but it most likely in one of the GTH sub-forums. Maybe search thread titles for "Tune"?

2. I don't believe they do but I might be wrong! I've just never seen anyone post otherwise. Perhaps someone else knows and can chime in.

I'm not sure if this is what you need. But I may be able to help you with your first question.

I posted a request for help back in July 08 (I think they delete the old stuff). I had a speedo problem since the date of purchase. I didn't get much help from the Forum, everybody just suggested aftermarket products. But I want to keep the car stock.

It was still under warranty and I got the run around from the dealer. (They've since changed their attitude whenever I come in). I ended up calling Ford Racing customer service and they were extremely helpful (you should be able to find the number at Ford.com).

Apparently each car has it's own tune, related to the VIN (options, etc).

I explained my problem and provided them with specific info on the car. They ended up sending me a new calibration tool w/instuctions specific to my VIN (no charge). I took the car, tool, and instructions to a different dealer that sells Ford Racing stuff and they took care of it. It was still stock and under warranty so there was no charge. You should be able to do the re-cal yourself, but I'm old school (I also have a 70 Mach 1) and don't trust myself around computers in cars.

After the reprogramming, the speedo was spot on and the car is definitely performing better (more HP), I think it had the stock GT tune for some unkown reason.

Below is a edited copy of my e-mail to Ford Racing to give you an idea of the info they will need to get you back to the stock tune.

Good Luck!

SGT#0254

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Tom,

Per our conversation today, here’s my vehicle info and a history of my problem;

Vehicle: 2007 Shelby GT

VIN: 1ZVHT82H1752XXXXX

Shelby CSM Number: 07SGT0254

Dealer: XXXXXXXX Ford, Hilliard, OH

Shelby GT Package including;

Ford Racing Package (FR3)

Ford Racing Power Upgrade Package (FR1)

Performance X-Pipe Exhaust

3:55 Rear Axle Assembly

54U Appearance Package

Shelby Appearance Package

The vehicle is completely stock (including 18” Wheels and 5-Speed Automatic Transmission).

No modifications have been made.

My wife (it’s her car) and I took delivery of the car in October from my normal (very reputable) dealer and they took care of some minor delivery problems (scratch, bad light, etc.).

However, on the highway we noticed that at 65 MPH (according to the speedo), we were definitely going slower than the flow of traffic (how embarrassing).

I had my wife pace my truck (with an accurate speedo), while I set the truck's cruise control at 65 MPH and then 70 MPH. She was driving the Shelby and reported that the speedo was reading about 10 MPH higher than my truck.

We took the car to the dealer and had them check it. They replaced the speedo gauge. That didn't work.

(I’m thinking that it wasn’t calibrated for either having an Auto or for the 3:55 gears).

We took it back and they checked it out and said it was within tolerance at 10 MPH off (I doubted if 10 MPH is within tolerance, and you told me 6 MPH is the tolerance).

I called Shelby and talked to one of the technicians. He said that the problem is the Shelby program needs to be reloaded to the computer and can be downloaded by the dealer from Ford, because it is actually a Ford program.

I went back to the dealer and told them what Shelby said. I basically got a blank stare, was told the speedo in within tolerance, and that they'll contact Shelby to see about downloading the program.

I haven't heard from them since.

I surfed the web and found posting about a similar problem. The person posting said his speedo was 10 MPH off and he had his dealer get a tuner from Shelby (on loan) to recalibrate the speedo, and it worked.

I went to a competing Ford dealer (a Ford Racing dealer, that I've had issues with in the past) and detailed all of the above information to the maintenance supervisor. He was very receptive and said that they should be able to fix the problem, provided they have some Shelby specific information. He said that he would have to re-program the computer, however, he would need all of the Shelby “Programmable Parameters” to make sure they didn't screw up any of the initial settings (other than changing the speedo).

He advised that, in the past, they had problems with adjustments on Rousch, Saleen, and Steeda cars without having the initial program information. He also hasn't heard of a Shelby specific computer program from Ford or the "Shelby tuner loan" program.

About two weeks ago, I surfed the FRP website and found your contact number and called to get the “Performance Parameters”. You told me the speedo tolerance is 6 MPH and that I should pace the car with a GPS vehicle or a GPS in the Shelby.

This past weekend, I paced the car with GPS and it was still reading 10 MPH high at 65 and 70MPH.

I contacted you today and you requested that I provide you the above details of my problem and that you may need to request a Pro-Cal tuner be sent to me.

If so, I have no problem doing a loan, or having it sent to my local dealer. If you send it to me, please provide instructions and return info (if on loan). I’m “Old School” and am used to just swapping a speedo gear instead of messing with a computer.

You can send it to me at: XXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Larry,

I have an 08 shelby gt and a complete set of GT500 wheels in the garage now and the caps are different between the two.

quote name='Larry T' date='01 February 2010 - 02:47 PM' timestamp='1265053656' post='899732']

Thanks in advance

The 2006 GTHs used the stock 17" Mustang GT wheels which are available in the Ford Racing catalog. The catalog has a nice center cap cross reference chart which will show what fits. I believe the catalog is available online at the Ford Racing website. Also, I've discovered that some wheel centers will fit with minor modifications. For example the nice red "CS" wheel centers will fit on the 2007 stock SGT wheels by removing the retaining wire. The fit is not as tight so I added a little flexible silicone to the center cap bead and the caps have been on now for over a year and 10,000 miles.

Regarding the GTH tune, your local Ford dealer will be able to tell you if you have the Stock Mustang GT tune, if you do then of course the GTH tune has been lost. I will send an e-mail to a friend at Hertz and see if they had the devices to correctly re-tune the GTHs. The tuner was essentially part of the Ford Racing Performance Pack.(still available from Ford Racing) If they didn't then any car requiring a tune while in Hertz rental service would have been given a stock tune. I'll post the answer upon receipt. regards, Larry

Archived