TEAM SHELBY FORUM

No yellow? That cinches it, I'm waiting for 2008

ctann

I was excited to read the GT500 Order Guide, but then disappointed - no Yellow! Thats interesting, I thought yellow was a very popular colour, especially for the performance crowd. Actually, thats a bit of a relief, because now I can relax, not worry about all this hype, dealer markup, limited availability and so on, and just wait patiently for 2008...

And of course, the conspiracy theorist in me starts to mull this over too. I own a Yellow 1968 GT500KR. I'm sure you all know the story of the KR, and I already started some rumours floating around about a 2008 "40th anniversary KR". Now, the "Yellow KRs" are a special subset all to themselves - part of a limited "Special Order Paint" program run during the middle of the 1968 GT500KR sales year (which was really only half a year anyway).

So, being a great believer in synchronicity, I am now quite sure that in June 2008, I will be driving off the lot with a new, special order yellow GT500KR, at MSRP! :-). The only question left is, which dealer? I've been messed around by so many around here, that I'd never consider buying from them...

Chris.

I was excited to read the GT500 Order Guide, but then disappointed - no Yellow! Thats interesting, I thought yellow was a very popular colour, especially for the performance crowd. Actually, thats a bit of a relief, because now I can relax, not worry about all this hype, dealer markup, limited availability and so on, and just wait patiently for 2008...

And of course, the conspiracy theorist in me starts to mull this over too. I own a Yellow 1968 GT500KR. I'm sure you all know the story of the KR, and I already started some rumours floating around about a 2008 "40th anniversary KR". Now, the "Yellow KRs" are a special subset all to themselves - part of a limited "Special Order Paint" program run during the middle of the 1968 GT500KR sales year (which was really only half a year anyway).

So, being a great believer in synchronicity, I am now quite sure that in June 2008, I will be driving off the lot with a new, special order yellow GT500KR, at MSRP! :-). The only question left is, which dealer? I've been messed around by so many around here, that I'd never consider buying from them...

Chris.

I am also disappointed there is no yellow this year. I can see why you'd want to wait for an '08 anyway, since you have a '68. That is exactly the reason I want an '07, to sit in the garage next to my '67. I am also disappointed there is no Dark Green for '07, as that is the color of my '67. Oh well, the Red & White looks pretty good, or the Dark Blue & White, or the White and Blue................

Valencia Yellow is the old name. Ford renamed the color Grabber Orange at the last moment. It is the color of the GTX1.

And yes that photo is Grabber Orange. Can be ordered with White or Tungsten stripes. Personally I like Tungsten stripes better. Black stripes would be the best, but it is not available.

Valencia Yellow is the old name. Ford renamed the color Grabber Orange at the last moment. It is the color of the GTX1.

And yes that photo is Grabber Orange. Can be ordered with White or Tungsten stripes. Personally I like Tungsten stripes better. Black stripes would be the best, but it is not available.

GOOD INFO, THANKS. NOW THAT I KNOW IT'S NOT "YELLOW" I'LL GO WITH GRABBER AND TUNGSTEN ON A 'VERT. (ORANGE IS A BIT LOUD, BUT IT SHOULD TURN HEADS). WISH THEY OFFERED LEGEND LIME TO MATCH MY MEDIUM LIME '70 MACH 1

Archived