TEAM SHELBY FORUM

The OTHER MMR 5.0 stroker engine

Ok finally the motor is in the car!! It took forever to try to find a 8 bolt flywheel to match up to my existing ram twin disk clutch!!

But now i just need to put the supercharger, plug all the sensors up and bolt the drive shaft in and than she's off to HPP to get tuned!!

heres some pics!!

Picture061.jpg

Picture070.jpg

Picture064.jpg

Picture066.jpg

Picture072.jpg

Picture077.jpg

I had to do some cutting of the K-member for the oil pan to drop in and with those headers its a very tight squeeze!! i have no clue how im going to torque the passenger side motor mount the header is sitting right on top of it!! lol

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Transmission is bolted up!! Holy cow who ever does trannys for a living my hat come off to you!! It's a pain and alot of aligning. I guess it doesn't help that I'm also doing it on the ground and I have to suck in to fit under my car!! Lmao. First weight reduction mod is a treadmill!! Lol.

I've been following your thread for a while now. I hope you get her up and running soon!

thx bro!! I'll tell you i would of never got this thing done without the help of the members of this forum!!

When I'm done I think ill have to send yall all a fruit basket or somthing to show you my appreciation!! lmao

Okay guys she is Almost on her way!! Me and a friend stayed up will 4:00 this morning trying to get as much done as possible!!

The only thing I'm waiting on is injectors and drive shaft adapter!! Also figure out where two connections go. But after that she's off to HPP to get tuned, nitrous installed, 3.73 gears, and locking diff. Hopefully it shouldn't take too long. :)

I'll post pics later tonight. The steeda drive system is a piece of cake to install and makes the whipple look like a king!! Lol.

didn't you get a tune with the HO kit?

yes, but that tune is for the stock motor, stock boost, 12lbs of boost.

now it has a bigger motor, way bigger cams, alot more boost, and alot more injector...

but i was thinking does all that matter at idle?? i was hoping maybe i could just start it and make sure there are no leaks before i ship it to my tuner..

yes, but that tune is for the stock motor, stock boost, 12lbs of boost.

now it has a bigger motor, way bigger cams, alot more boost, and alot more injector...

but i was thinking does all that matter at idle?? i was hoping maybe i could just start it and make sure there are no leaks before i ship it to my tuner..

you should be fine for start up, confirm with your tuner

• 2 weeks later...

Okay the fuel system is done (fuel rails, injectors, sensors, etc)

1284944186.jpg

I'm waiting on my BMR swaybar delete and i ordered the wrong spark plugs aparently MMR sent me the redesigned head that uses different threaded spark plugs, so i'm exchanging my brisk plugs for the ford racing HT0's. thats the only good plug i have found for the new head!!

also my 3.73 gears came in and now that i think about it with how wild my cams are i prolly should of went with 4.10's so might be exchanging them too..

Hopefully car will be shipped off to HPP in acouple of weeks!! :)

^I'd stick with the 3.73's no matter how wild your cams are, only because of that big old Whipple sitting on top of your motor.

I've got 4.10's and am running a Paxton and it's still way too much gear. I intend on swapping to a 3.90 before long. The build looks great man, keep us posted on how she runs.

Ok guys Im pretty much wrapping up this build!! I got 99% of the sensors back in only one left is the TPS sensor that i have to solder back together.

and I have the covers, fan, overflow tank and intercooler tank on.

Only problem i hit so far is i broke the fuel presser sensor screw off into the fuel rail so monday im going to drill that sucker out and helicoil it. after that ill put on the intake and ship her to HPP for the final parts (guages installed, 3.73 installed, detroit locker installed) and to get dyno'ed. Ill be done with her by wednesdsay by the latest so hopefully ill be about to post numbers in acouple of weeks!! :)

Here's some pics i took tonight!!

1285468926.jpg

1285469013.jpg

1285468962.jpg

Ok guys just got back from gearheads and decided i am going with them for the tuning and install. I was talking to travis and he really impressed me with his knowledge of our cars and his 2010 twin turbo e85 mustang he was building.

He talked me into doing a return style fuel system with triple pumps and not to do the tru trac locking diff and just put some carbon clutches on the stock diff and it should hold just fine!!

So she is going to be shipped to gear heads in prolly 3 days!!! :)

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Archived