TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Winter Blues

ingram4868

Winter time for car enthusiasts sucks. My car has been parked and covered for 3 months. Mornings start out below freezing. Daytime highs have not hit the 40 degree mark and the roads are still covered with sand and road salts.

I do see a number of Corvettes and other Mustangs on the roads around town. I assume they are using all season tires and don't care much about the road salts.cry.gif

I don't care. The Shelby is in the drive way warming up, the roads are clear, the sun is shining and in about 10 minutes I'm out of here on my favorite loop. NY State Route 207 to route 747 past Stewart International Airport with a high speed merge to US Route 84 East to State Route 300 South, back to Route 207 and back home. Just about 25 minutes of bliss. Just me and Billy Gibbons. All the girls crazy 'bout a sharp dressed man. Yipee!

Now go drive your Shelby!

We had a good heavy rain a week ago that washed all the salt away. The KR has been out twice since that time. I'm just careful not to get on it because it's too cold for the tires. Yes, winter does suck !!

Winter time for car enthusiasts sucks. My car has been parked and covered for 3 months. Mornings start out below freezing. Daytime highs have not hit the 40 degree mark and the roads are still covered with sand and road salts.

I do see a number of Corvettes and other Mustangs on the roads around town. I assume they are using all season tires and don't care much about the road salts.cry.gif

I drive my car with my summer tires its alot of fun like skating on ice. Also makes my car look faster since there is no traction even after driving on the highway for awhile.

I drive it thru one of those car washes that washes under the car and nothing touches it so break it out and enjoy it !!! Cause you never no what tomorrow brings

I don't care. The Shelby is in the drive way warming up, the roads are clear, the sun is shining and in about 10 minutes I'm out of here on my favorite loop. NY State Route 207 to route 747 past Stewart International Airport with a high speed merge to US Route 84 East to State Route 300 South, back to Route 207 and back home. Just about 25 minutes of bliss. Just me and Billy Gibbons. All the girls crazy 'bout a sharp dressed man. Yipee!

Now go drive your Shelby!

Hey neighbor next call me when you pass the town of Newburgh and that is a nice run but you have to watch the trooper love to hide there. I been wanting to do that run up to the upper delware byway was thinking of get a couple of us together and do a run up there for the day. I also love to cruise up to New paltz and hit the curve going up the mountain and they just did new pavement its smooth as a baby's bottom.

Hey Man! Springs coming soon enough. Maybe we can meet up at Sunshine Ford's car show. Lets stay in touch and see who else around here might want to run as soon as the weather breaks when we can put some miles on these cars. And you are right on with your trooper warning in the median on I-84 between Montgomery and Newburgh. Anyone else out there interested in a Hudson Valley run in Spring?

Archived