TEAM SHELBY FORUM

HI new owner of 2010 GT500 in Pa

blown5.4

Hi guys, I just brought home my new torch red with silver stripes GT500 on tuesday and It is the best car I've ever own. I didn't really get to run it that hard yet because it's well below 40deg in Pa. If I even breath on the pedal it wants to spin. Can't wait until beaver springs opens to try her out. Hope to learn a lot about these awesome cars from fellow Shelby lovers. These cars have been my life long dream and it took me a long time to finally have the Shelby name sitting in my garage, but it was well worth the wait. Carol Shelby and Ford are the standard to which all others are measured by.

Hi guys, I just brought home my new torch red with silver stripes GT500 on tuesday and It is the best car I've ever own. I didn't really get to run it that hard yet because it's well below 40deg in Pa. If I even breath on the pedal it wants to spin. Can't wait until beaver springs opens to try her out. Hope to learn a lot about these awesome cars from fellow Shelby lovers. These cars have been my life long dream and it took me a long time to finally have the Shelby name sitting in my garage, but it was well worth the wait. Carol Shelby and Ford are the standard to which all others are measured by.

Welcome from NJ!

Enjoy your new beast! And be careful, the cold roads and these cars DO NOT get along very well. That's not to say I don't take my car out when its 20 degrees, but you need to drive it like a granny. The superchargers just LOVE ice cold air, the crappy Goodyears DO NOT... Wheeeeeeeeeeee

Welcome from south eastern Pennsylvania. You are going to love your new toy!

Thanks guy's. I found out real quick that it isn't my O5 gt convertible. That was a great car ,but this is on a whole new level.

SO True... And you shouldn't feel any less "Manly" leaving your traction control on... thats what its there for. A lot better than ending up against a tree... Once it hits 60-70 degrees, and you are more comfortable with all the HP and know your car better, then you can begin to experiment with "Sport Mode". Trust Me...

SO True... And you shouldn't feel any less "Manly" leaving your traction control on... thats what its there for. A lot better than ending up against a tree... Once it hits 60-70 degrees, and you are more comfortable with all the HP and know your car better, then you can begin to experiment with "Sport Mode". Trust Me...

I already told my dad that the dealer told me to turn the traction control off and do a burn out out of the dealership to make them proud.

I said "No way, I don't know if I'm good enough to handle this car without it." I need more seat time before I start playing like that.

Congrats. That was my second and first color choice. I flip flopped many times before resting on blue. Can go wrong with red.

Are you planning to go to the Ford notions in Carisle in June? I'm hoping to go there this year, as I often frequent the Mopar one with my Mopar buddies.

Congrats. That was my second and first color choice. I flip flopped many times before resting on blue. Can go wrong with red.

Are you planning to go to the Ford notions in Carisle in June? I'm hoping to go there this year, as I often frequent the Mopar one with my Mopar buddies.

Yes, I go to the spring, ford, chrysler, and fall. I only live 35mins away from Carlisle. I can't wait for the ford show now that I finally have one of these beast. As far a colors, I think they all look awesome. I really didn't have a choice because they are really hard to get in my area.

Yes, I go to the spring, ford, chrysler, and fall. I only live 35mins away from Carlisle. I can't wait for the ford show now that I finally have one of these beast. As far a colors, I think they all look awesome. I really didn't have a choice because they are really hard to get in my area.

Hi Blown5.4,

Congratulations on the awesome new car!

Welcome to Team Shelby where you will find knowledgeable, helppful people who can answer any questions by simply asking.

I also want to welcome you to the Shelby registry and invite you to register your new Shelby. This can be completed at: http://registry.teamshelby.com/. This is the place to register and or update your new Shelby's registry information. It is also a chance to ask questions about the registry effort. I will be glad to help if you need it by PM'ing me.

David

Hi Blown5.4,

Congratulations on the awesome new car!

Welcome to Team Shelby where you will find knowledgeable, helppful people who can answer any questions by simply asking.

I also want to welcome you to the Shelby registry and invite you to register your new Shelby. This can be completed at: http://registry.teamshelby.com/. This is the place to register and or update your new Shelby's registry information. It is also a chance to ask questions about the registry effort. I will be glad to help if you need it by PM'ing me.

David

What is the purpose of the registry?

What is the purpose of the registry?

The best place to look is the registry introduction page at the link shown. More information will be added about the registry at some point.

Hope this helps,

David

Congratulations on the new GT500. It may be a while before you take it for another ride.

Did you look out your window today Feb. 6? We got 8 inches of snow and the weather man is calling for another storm this Wednesday.

I was planning to take my car out of storage on Feb. 20, but may have to hold off on that.

you are right. not much selection here. i had to go to tampa florida to find the car i wanted. congrats and enjoy your car.

Congratulations on the new GT500. It may be a while before you take it for another ride.

Did you look out your window today Feb. 6? We got 8 inches of snow and the weather man is calling for another storm this Wednesday.

I was planning to take my car out of storage on Feb. 20, but may have to hold off on that.

no shot on feb 20th here. 2 feet of snow here last night and another 5" this wednesday. ok, the snow is pretty, i took a picture, now melt already.

Archived