TEAM SHELBY FORUM

motha thumpers or stage 2s or?

what ones  

5 members have voted

1. 1. what cams should i use (im staying na for now)

• comp cam mutha thumpers
    • comp cam stage 2s
    • something else (please list what)

im trying to decide what i want. i road race more than drag if that helps.

Hey Greaser, I'm very happy with my Hotrod cams and remember if a ford dealer does the install they warranty it for a year if you blow it up. Unless your super charged then they won't work.

the hot rod cams are also an option.

Whatever you get make sure it rocks and rolls!! My favorite thing is at a traffic light and a family will look at my car rocking. I would tell them it needs a tune up and smoke my tires of the light.

The Comp XFI VSR's are the best sounding cams out there IMO and were worth over 30 HP in my 4.6.

If you're planning on adding a blower, be sure to pick an FI grind. Like I've mentioned before, you must upgrade springs and retainers and add cam phaser limiters or lockouts. Good luck Ty.

Ken

The Comp XFI VSR's are the best sounding cams out there IMO and were worth over 30 HP in my 4.6.

If you're planning on adding a blower, be sure to pick an FI grind. Like I've mentioned before, you must upgrade springs and retainers and add cam phaser limiters or lockouts. Good luck Ty.

Ken

ken i dont know if i missed it but what did comp say about yours? thats the only thing causing me to shy away from them.

ken i dont know if i missed it but what did comp say about yours? thats the only thing causing me to shy away from them.

Comp says that I should have been running limiters with my cams and that this is the reason for the valvetrain failure.

Archived