TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Shelby GT Arrivals

crispy23c

• Replies 231
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I picked up Shelby GT #109 from Steve Williams Ford in Lawrenceburg TN on Friday April 6th.

IUP

Shaker 1000

Wheel Locks

The other Mustang is my 94 Cobra #358

congrats to all, we are now up to 63 cars a day and going strong, the shipping is getting better as well, so if your on the list, it is going faster. thanks to all for the support and your patience, dont forget to register your cars on the home page of shelbyautos.com, we will be emailing updates and a newsletter eventually.

thanks

Amy

• 5 weeks later...

Hello happy people. We made it home late last night after unexpected delays. I am very busy at home today. Here are some pictures to start and then I will post more impressions when I get to work and are less busy.

EDIT: OK, sorry about the pictures. I guess you are limited to how many you can post. I rearranged into a few post. Keep scrolling.

IMG_0543.jpg

IMG_0563.jpg

IMG_0568.jpg

Edited by ShelbyPilot

Chris, Congrats!!!!!!the long wait is finally over. Nice to see a black car with the same mods as we ordered, gives us a better idea of what to expect. Car LOOKS great. Now all you need to do is get your brakes and new wheels and tires. By the way, which brand of tires did you go with? Can't wait to see those pics. You're not sleeping in the garage with the car are you? LOL

Dave

.....Did my pictures disappear or is it my work computer? If there are not pictures I will correct later. Please advise.

yOUR PICTURES ARE HERE AND LOOK MIGHTY FINE. bUT WE ARE GOING TO NEED PERFORMENCE DETAILS. ANY PROBLEMS ON THE WAY HOME? :superhero:

DAVE

.....Did my pictures disappear or is it my work computer? If there are not pictures I will correct later. Please advise.

Pictures look great with the models in skimpy clothing hanging all over your car, too bad MM and Grabber can't view those on their computers. :happy feet:

Pictures look great with the models in skimpy clothing hanging all over your car, too bad MM and Grabber can't view those on their computers. :happy feet:

Should'nt you be out in the hot tub with Ruf and Granny. :hysterical2:

All right all, I think I posted it so you could see the arrival pictures. Sorry, that my computer skills are only that of a third grader.

To Dave and the other inquiring minds here was our day. Some details will be left out at the request of SAI for those who are still waiting for the Museum Delivery.

We picked up #187 on Friday. SAI arranged transportation to the factory. We were met by John, Bud, Steve and others. Coincidently, we also met a couple of members of this and SAIs Forum. My wife and I paitently waited through the standard 10:30 tour of the Museum and the Factory. Not that it wasn't interesting but we only had one thing on our minds. After the tour was completed we were led to #187 in all of its glory. My wife has come to refer to the car as my "precious" (ala Lod of the Rings). John, took plenty of time explaining eveything about the car. Honestly I should of had recorded him because I was in a fog. We spent quite some time soaking in the moment. The overall experience was awesome. If nobody else spills the beans toward the end of production I will go into more detail.

We left SAI after lunch. I wanted to avoid construction on I-15 and allow the engine to change speed naturally and not be stuck at freeway speeds. We headed out through North Las Vegas and along the west coast of Lake Meade. We crossed over Hoover Dam and went into to Kingman. We picked up Route 66 and after turning around to go in the right direction we followed the Mother Road into Needles. The route from Kingman to Needles is definately a winding mountain road. We were from 2nd to 4th gear alot. On and off the brakes. I was however very careful.

In Needles we stopped for dinner. I was asked questions about the car when we parked and when we came back to the car. Another person was looking at the car while I was talking to my dad on the phone. It was starting to get dark, so we departed our plans of Route 66 to Victorville and jumped on I-40. Before, I left SAI I was warned that the supercharger doesn't come on line until about 300 miles. Sure enough we stopped in Barstow for gas at about 325 miles. When, we got back onto I-15, I pressed down the pedal on the on ramp and right about 2500 RPM.....pow an extra punch into the seat. Once at freeway speeds, I played with 4th gear a little bit to hear the supercharger kick in, the rushing wind sound. Feel that power kick in and watch the boost needle jump just a bit. I didn't push past 90.

I love this car. It is a dream come true. I found out about the original GT350s when I was around 12. It was instantly my dream car. Unfortunately, I can't afford one of those. However, #187 is a close substitution.

Hello happy people. We made it home late last night after unexpected delays. I am very busy at home today. Here are some pictures to start and then I will post more impressions when I get to work and are less busy.

EDIT: OK, sorry about the pictures. I guess you are limited to how many you can post. I rearranged into a few post. Keep scrolling.

IMG_0543.jpg

IMG_0563.jpg

IMG_0568.jpg

Saweeeet :happy feet:

......Sorry, it would only allow me to post so many images in one post. Keep scrolling.

IMG_0574.jpg

IMG_0573.jpg

IMG_0570.jpg

I love your Hood and the GT / SC on the fender. I saw that the other day on Son of GT's car. Nice touch for sure.

CONGRATULATIONS CHRIS (& WIFE)!!!!!!!

Looks BEAUTIFUL!!!

:beerchug: :cheerleader: :party2: :roses::woot::banvictory::rockon:

:bandance: :bandance: :bandance:

Thanks for posting so quick, you know how impatient :headspin: I am about feedback on this car--especially S/C'd!!!

Love the hood and GT/SC stripe (of course). I know it was worth the wait ;)

-Now, Don't be shy to post your other impressions.

Enjoy & Drive carefully!!! Good luck with "Precious" :hysterical:

PS- How does it brake with the stock wheel & Tire set up?

All right all, I think I posted it so you could see the arrival pictures. Sorry, that my computer skills are only that of a third grader.

To Dave and the other inquiring minds here was our day. Some details will be left out at the request of SAI for those who are still waiting for the Museum Delivery.

We picked up #187 on Friday. SAI arranged transportation to the factory. We were met by John, Bud, Steve and others. Coincidently, we also met a couple of members of this and SAIs Forum. My wife and I paitently waited through the standard 10:30 tour of the Museum and the Factory. Not that it wasn't interesting but we only had one thing on our minds. After the tour was completed we were led to #187 in all of its glory. My wife has come to refer to the car as my "precious" (ala Lod of the Rings). John, took plenty of time explaining eveything about the car. Honestly I should of had recorded him because I was in a fog. We spent quite some time soaking in the moment. The overall experience was awesome. If nobody else spills the beans toward the end of production I will go into more detail.

We left SAI after lunch. I wanted to avoid construction on I-15 and allow the engine to change speed naturally and not be stuck at freeway speeds. We headed out through North Las Vegas and along the west coast of Lake Meade. We crossed over Hoover Dam and went into to Kingman. We picked up Route 66 and after turning around to go in the right direction we followed the Mother Road into Needles. The route from Kingman to Needles is definately a winding mountain road. We were from 2nd to 4th gear alot. On and off the brakes. I was however very careful.

In Needles we stopped for dinner. I was asked questions about the car when we parked and when we came back to the car. Another person was looking at the car while I was talking to my dad on the phone. It was starting to get dark, so we departed our plans of Route 66 to Victorville and jumped on I-40. Before, I left SAI I was warned that the supercharger doesn't come on line until about 300 miles. Sure enough we stopped in Barstow for gas at about 325 miles. When, we got back onto I-15, I pressed down the pedal on the on ramp and right about 2500 RPM.....pow an extra punch into the seat. Once at freeway speeds, I played with 4th gear a little bit to hear the supercharger kick in, the rushing wind sound. Feel that power kick in and watch the boost needle jump just a bit. I didn't push past 90.

I love this car. It is a dream come true. I found out about the original GT350s when I was around 12. It was instantly my dream car. Unfortunately, I can't afford one of those. However, #187 is a close substitution.

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!! I'm glad you finally have your car. I know that there is so much for you to absorb right now, so I'll leave this with just a major CONGRATS!!! and go over details later. I'm off to California Car Cover's car show right now, so if you're in the area (Chatsworth) come by with your car.

Congrats on your car man, it is very nice! Love all the options and the SC. I know you waited a long time for it. Thanks for posting the pictures so quickly and sharing your Shelby experience with all of us still waiting for our cars. I'm hoping MattChicago and ColoradoShelby and I all get our cars about the same time. John says about 2 more weeks. After seeing your ride it's very hard to be patient. Dave

• 1 month later...

Hello to all i have not been posting for a while due to work. I finally pulled the trigger and purchased a white SHELBY GT #2967 sorry no pics no scanner its a 140A package and a five speed who ever ordered the car should be fired (LOL) it has no other options but the shaker 1000 which i dont need but its there and is about 80lbs. A local dealer recived two one with navigation. I chose the car without the navi dont really need it . One of the sales people is a friend of mine so i was able to purchase the car for MSRP, WHICH WAS VERY COOL . The only problem was the night i picked up the car was late after work and was dark out already . I had previously checked the car for body damage the car was near perfect . The night that i drove the car home i parked it and checked the car over again in my gararge. I found a small ding in the passenger side quarter panel right above the side of the rear bumper. I WAS REALLY PISSED OFF . What could i do the damage was done already. I tried to return the car the next day for the other shelby gt but the dealership owner said no , and we got into an argument. I should have gotten a lawyer. The only thing they offered was to repair the damage. I did not want any paint work done to the car so they said they would hire one of those dent wizard guys, with many years of experience. I am still worried to have this done if any one has a opinion please let me know. I am a perfectionist

Also what documentation has anyone recived from the dealers i have asked them for the VOC and DORA but have not recieved anything yet . The car was built in flat rock mich in march and was just delivered in july to the dealer. Besides adding the car to the shelby registry can i call shelby and get further documentation about my car also I have not owned a mustang since 2004, is there a build sheet anywhere in these new mustangs like the older cars . THANKS TO ALL FOR ANY INFO...

Edited by STSVT

Excuse me SHELBY PILOT i was so upset about my dings in my quarter panel i forgot to congratulate you on your awsome SHELBY GT. My car will have to stay stock for now due to $$$ good luck and enjoy.

My opinion go ahead and have the paint less dent removal done. I had hail damage on my 2000 Lightning and had the dent removal done and I can't tell now that it ever had any dents in the hood and fender. Good dent techs really do an outstanding job.