TEAM SHELBY FORUM

New Owner of GT-H 07H275 in Texas

WannaShelby

Don't be fooled by my login name "Wanna Shelby" because now I "Got a Shelby"... :dance:

I finally found the GT-H I was looking for! Just bought a 2007 GT-H vert # 275 with under 300 miles on it. It belonged to a former Hertz Exec that took delivery with 15 miles on it and stored it, just driving it monthly to keep things up. Had been looking for over a year, but stumbled across this one by accident and knew it was meant to be.

Here's what I looked like driving it home... :hysterical3:

Bill

post-8055-126474517288_thumb.jpg

post-8055-126474592416_thumb.jpg

post-8055-126474517288_thumb.jpg

post-8055-126474592416_thumb.jpg

Congrats! Great find with only 300 miles on it! It seems like most have 30,000 or more since Hertz kept them in the fleet so long. If you just can't stand not being 'WannaShelby' anymore, let me know. I am sure I could fix that for you :)

Congrats! Great find with only 300 miles on it! It seems like most have 30,000 or more since Hertz kept them in the fleet so long. If you just can't stand not being 'WannaShelby' anymore, let me know. I am sure I could fix that for you :)

Thanks..Yeah, I'd seen a few with around 10K on them, but you're right they were really hard to find. I think I'm going to need to change my login, but if the grin leaves my face I'll be sure to let you know....LOL

Nice find. I just bought one of the 2006 GTH coupes that Shelby American is selling that were former Shelby Executive driven cars. I decided to pick up the car and drive from LasVegas all the way back to Florida. Great road trip, except in Texas. I got stopped by the Texas Highway Patrol near Amarillo on I-40 (I was cruising in the much smoother left lane, oops that's a ticket getter) It took 40 minutes to convince the Troopers ( 3 cars, 5 troopers) that the GTH was NOT a rental car, NOT owned by Hertz, "but what about the Hertz bar code numbers and the Hertz plaque on the fender? Ended up with only a written warning, but I've got to say Texas Troopers have got to be the most professional and thorough police I have ever encountered. So keep your papers in order when driving the "Hertz rental Car" without a rental agreement. Good luck with the car !!

Nice find. I just bought one of the 2006 GTH coupes that Shelby American is selling that were former Shelby Executive driven cars. I decided to pick up the car and drive from LasVegas all the way back to Florida. Great road trip, except in Texas. I got stopped by the Texas Highway Patrol near Amarillo on I-40 (I was cruising in the much smoother left lane, oops that's a ticket getter) It took 40 minutes to convince the Troopers ( 3 cars, 5 troopers) that the GTH was NOT a rental car, NOT owned by Hertz, "but what about the Hertz bar code numbers and the Hertz plaque on the fender? Ended up with only a written warning, but I've got to say Texas Troopers have got to be the most professional and thorough police I have ever encountered. So keep your papers in order when driving the "Hertz rental Car" without a rental agreement. Good luck with the car !!

Hmmm.... going from Las Vegas to Florida in a rental car. Nah that wouldn't attract attention of the state LEO's doing drug enforcement on I-40. ;)

The written warning was so they have a record of you making the suspicious trip. While we know everything was on the up & up you fit a certain profile that I'm sure the majority of the time gets them a arrest.

Glad everything else went smooth and that you have a piece of Shelby history.

Steve

Now back on topic.

Wannashelby be sure to register your Hertz with the Shelby American Registry and to contact Steve Mansell at SAI for your SGT-H packet/

Steve

GOOD LUCK ON THIS!!!!

I TALKED TO HIM, FAXED HIM ALL INFORMATION AND GOING ON 3 WEEKS AND NO PACKAGE OR E-MAIL WITH INFO.

GOTTA LUV WHATS HAPPENING TO THE CUSTOMER SERVICE AT SAI

Congratulations on finding a low mileage GT-H

With 300 Miles will it be a weekend car or a daily driver?

I own a 2006 GT-H #417 on the eastside.....Baytown, TX

My 200th Post........Wooooaaa Hooooaaa

SVT

I bought it with the intent of it being a weekend driver, but I would love to use it as a daily driver if I felt I wouldn't worry myself sick over every rock chip and parking spot. What do you all do....daily driver or weekend?

Wow, great story! First of all, congrats back at you on getting an Exec car. How were you able to purchase it through SA?

That's Texas for you...I appreciate the heads up, as I wouldn't have thought I would need to defend ownership.... :doh:

There is a GT-H in my neighbor hood off Louetta. Older man. Every time I see him I am not in my Shelby. Haven't vaught up to him yet. A;so one that parks at a medical building where my gym is, 1960 and I-45. Both 07s.

Good to know they're out there. I'm on the west side and I haven't seen a single GT-H. They must all live on the north side of town!

Now back on topic.

Wannashelby be sure to register your Hertz with the Shelby American Registry and to contact Steve Mansell at SAI for your SGT-H packet/

Steve

Thanks for the contact on this. I have registered on the SAR, but need to get the rest of the documentation, so I'll email Steve. Thanks!

have a clear bra installed on the front end. well worth the money and then you wouldn't have to worry as much :) i have it on my entire front end, including all the lights and up the a pillars and across the top of the windshield. the car has made it thru 2 Terlingua events. now if i could only say that about my windshield. but the guy said they are working on some sort of windshield film.

have a clear bra installed on the front end. well worth the money and then you wouldn't have to worry as much :) i have it on my entire front end, including all the lights and up the a pillars and across the top of the windshield. the car has made it thru 2 Terlingua events. now if i could only say that about my windshield. but the guy said they are working on some sort of windshield film.

That's a great idea, but I'm a little hesitant to do it because I had a clear bra installed on a white Lexus that yellowed over time, so if they would have to redo it on the Shelby, I'm concerned how it would affect the stripe material. Any thoughts?

Are you happy with how the clear has held up on yours and how long has yours been on? Maybe the 3M InvisiShield I had installed wasn't the right one. Curious, have you had any problem where the stripes transition to the paint causing a gap in the film that collects dirt or is it seamless?

That's a great idea, but I'm a little hesitant to do it because I had a clear bra installed on a white Lexus that yellowed over time, so if they would have to redo it on the Shelby, I'm concerned how it would affect the stripe material. Any thoughts?

Are you happy with how the clear has held up on yours and how long has yours been on? Maybe the 3M InvisiShield I had installed wasn't the right one. Curious, have you had any problem where the stripes transition to the paint causing a gap in the film that collects dirt or is it seamless?

i have had the bra for 2.5 years. i have a white car and it isn't yellowing although it is starting to collect dirt around the edges. but on a white car you will see this :( i have no stripes being a vert. pm Grabber about stripes and the bra. he may have better answers for you. but as far as i know, it does not hurt the stripes.

Archived