TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Hertz Executive purchase option GT-H owners

Any owners out there of GT-Hs that were purchased under the Hertz Executive purchase program?

I just bought a 2007 GT-H vert CSM 07H275 with less than 300 miles on it from a Hertz Exec. My understanding is that this car never hit the rental fleet and the title shows she took delivery with 15 miles on it. Am interested in learning more from those of you out there that have these.

Thanks!

Bill

Any owners out there of GT-Hs that were purchased under the Hertz Executive purchase program?

I just bought a 2007 GT-H vert CSM 07H275 with less than 300 miles on it from a Hertz Exec. My understanding is that this car never hit the rental fleet and the title shows she took delivery with 15 miles on it. Am interested in learning more from those of you out there that have these.

Thanks!

Bill

Hi Bill,

Does the car have a 5 speed? If it does I would be interested in buying the car if you wanted to resell it.

Just curious at how you found out about this car, was it for sale on the internet?

Hi Bill,

Does the car have a 5 speed? If it does I would be interested in buying the car if you wanted to resell it.

Just curious at how you found out about this car, was it for sale on the internet?

No, this one's an automatic. I found it buried in our local craigslist ads....it wasn't searchable under "GT-H", so it was easy to miss. I called on it because I thought "300 miles" was a misprint.....

Bill. I work for Hertz and got the first one off the truck, with 8 others going to other Hertz locations east of here. Had 10 miles on it then

Sounds like you got a good one

Bob

Thanks, Bob, must have been pretty exciting getting the first one. Do you know how many cars were sold in total to Hertz Execs? Were the 8 others you mention going to Hertz Execs?

Nice find. The sale of Hertz GTHs was limited to Regional VPs, select Corporate Staff Executives, and certain Hertz Licensees. The car was sold at Hertz cost which, for the 2006 coupes, was near $40,000. If you bought the car from a Hertz employee, it would be good to retain her name, position at Hertz (business card would be good), and any interesting details about the car she has regarding it's purchase. What's interesting about the cars purchased by Hertz executives is that even though they ordered the cars early, the Shelby number is not always low. Car number 007 (which I owned) was actually sent to Hertz for fleet use in Miami, Florida. Good luck with the car. Regards, Larry

Thanks, Bob, must have been pretty exciting getting the first one. Do you know how many cars were sold in total to Hertz Execs? Were the 8 others you mention going to Hertz Execs?

Bill.

The rest of the cars went to Kentucky and South Carolina, I think, somewhere I have the VINs of all the cars on the truck

and pics of them coming in. I think only 17 were sold to Hertz Execs, but I am not sure. Someone else on this forum would know for sure

Have fun with you car

Bob

Bill.

The rest of the cars went to Kentucky and South Carolina, I think, somewhere I have the VINs of all the cars on the truck

and pics of them coming in. I think only 17 were sold to Hertz Execs, but I am not sure. Someone else on this forum would know for sure

Have fun with you car

Bob

There were 17 "stick" cars produced for Hertz Execs in 2007. They are that last 17 produced in the production run of 500. I am sure that there must be other automatics build for executives in 2007 but I am not sure what those numbers are.

QSS

Bill.

Have fun with you car

Bob

Thanks, Bob. The owner told me that there were a total of 13 Regional Execs, of which she was one, that had the opportunity to buy one, but she was not sure how many actually oordered them. She wasn't sure how many upper level Execs there were.

Nice find. The sale of Hertz GTHs was limited to Regional VPs, select Corporate Staff Executives, and certain Hertz Licensees. The car was sold at Hertz cost which, for the 2006 coupes, was near $40,000. If you bought the car from a Hertz employee, it would be good to retain her name, position at Hertz (business card would be good), and any interesting details about the car she has regarding it's purchase. What's interesting about the cars purchased by Hertz executives is that even though they ordered the cars early, the Shelby number is not always low. Car number 007 (which I owned) was actually sent to Hertz for fleet use in Miami, Florida. Good luck with the car. Regards, Larry

Thanks, Larry and good advice. I was thankfully able to get from the owner (a Regional VP) a copy of her Hertz emails regarding the purchase of the car, so hopefully that will help down the line. Thanks for your thoughts!

Bill

Archived