TEAM SHELBY FORUM

What is a GT500CR?

sudden

I was looking a E Bay and saw a new version of the 67 GT500. They start out at 120 grand and go up from there. It said that the cars will be in the Shelby Registry. I am losing track of all the different issues of Shelby. They will be made in Oakla. It looks like they start with a standard 67 mustang and use Shelby parts. Anybody know of this.? SUDDEN

Yukon, Okla. (Oct 16, 2009) – Classic Recreations, a noted bespoke coachbuilder known for exotic Mustang supercars that have been shipped all over the globe, has been granted a license by Carroll Shelby Licensing Inc. to build an iconic continuation car based on classic 1967 and 1968 Mustangs: the Shelby GT500CR.

“I am humbled and honored by the opportunity to work with a legend like Carroll Shelby,” said Classic Recreations owner Jason Engel. “We pride ourselves on building the finest coachbuilt muscle cars in the world, and I'm thrilled that this new opportunity will allow us to build some of the fastest and coolest supercars on the road today. Other shops build cars. We sit down with a client, listen to their fantasies, and then turn those into reality.”

Every Shelby GT500CR will be built with authentic Shelby Performance parts and with input and oversight from Carroll Shelby Licensing and Shelby Automobiles technical staff. Each car built at the Classic Recreations facility will leave the shop with an official Shelby serial number, badges and will be included in the official Shelby Worldwide Registry. More details on the new model will be released shortly.

http://www.gt500cr.com/?gclid=CLqW5ISpyJ8CFdRM5QodL2yK3g

It's a nich market. I saw a special on CR on the discovery channel I think about 2-3 weeks ago.

Want a brand new, 1967 Mustang? Yup new. Exactly like it looked when it was built back then (with some things upgraded to new parts/technology that last longer, works better, etc) Here ya go!

I forget what they said would be upgraded, but to all but the very knowledgeable and detail oriented buyer, one would never know to look at it, sit in it.

Not for me as I don't have that kind of money to just toss around. But I can see where there would be a market.

They are not limited to just the GT500 either. The special I saw showed (I'm pretty sure) a '65, well '64 1/2, Mustang being built from the ground up. Was really cool. Wish I had DVR'ed it

Archived