TEAM SHELBY FORUM

2011 SVT Package

denohew

I don't understand why they would wait until after april to show the car if order banks are open now?

Respectfully,

Roger

I'm sure it's because they don't want to hurt the remaining 2010 sales. Just a guess on my part.

I'm sure it's because they don't want to hurt the remaining 2010 sales. Just a guess on my part.

You may be right, but I think their main business plan was with the push for the 2010. Most people that are buying these cars will be aware of what's coming down the pipeline. I hate it though, everytime a new one comes out I keep wanting to wait to pick up a slightly used one. Eventually I will have to cave. I like the idea of factory installed 3.73's, the block, and the suspension as well as small things like the homelink (about time). As always thanks for the info Grabber. I will continue to wait for a little while and see what happens. Its funny because we have both been around to see it all. Your car in a bubble and mine in my dreams......for a little while longer :)

Roger

I don't understand why they would wait until after april to show the car if order banks are open now?

Respectfully,

Roger

In the past, the Automotive industry usually debuted (is that a word?) vehicles for a new MY sometime around *mid* year. Tht would be June-ish.

But having said that, I've seen the trend of earlier and earlier releases so, who knows? April would be "June-ish" with a the earlier trend I noted.

I think it's a rush to beat 'the other guy' and get customers on-board. Get your car released before the other guy and sell a bunch before his latest/greatest comes out.

Phill

You may be right, but I think their main business plan was with the push for the 2010. Most people that are buying these cars will be aware of what's coming down the pipeline. I hate it though, everytime a new one comes out I keep wanting to wait to pick up a slightly used one. Eventually I will have to cave. I like the idea of factory installed 3.73's, the block, and the suspension as well as small things like the homelink (about time). As always thanks for the info Grabber. I will continue to wait for a little while and see what happens. Its funny because we have both been around to see it all. Your car in a bubble and mine in my dreams......for a little while longer smile.gif

Roger

So Roger...when are you going to pull the plug and get a car?

Archived