TEAM SHELBY FORUM

just wanted to say hello all

firetruck

this forum seems to be better than others that i have been on. this is my first post. I hope it's in the right section.

two things i need info on. 1, sct tuner. what is the real power gains. 2. the stock wheels do nothing for me. the shelby alcoa or the cs40s will do. one other thing. my stripes are spotting bad, going to be replaced under warranty. anyone else have this problem?

this forum seems to be better than others that i have been on. this is my first post. I hope it's in the right section.

two things i need info on. 1, sct tuner. what is the real power gains. 2. the stock wheels do nothing for me. the shelby alcoa or the cs40s will do. one other thing. my stripes are spotting bad, going to be replaced under warranty. anyone else have this problem?

welcome to the forum---if you do a search on both issues you'll find many posts.On the tuner, my research and personal experience is that theyre not worth the money--around $500.If you really want hp gains,have a local tuner do a tune and couple runs to get what you want.IMHO

Wheels are a personal taste but my 2 favs are the Alcoa and the supersnake wheels---good luck

You can pick up a used SCT x3 on ebay or Craigs list for around $200 (p# 3000). Then you can search around for a tuner that can either build you one or someone like John Lund will have several built and ready to email to you. A solid tune with no data logging for Dyno testing will run you about $150. And you can expect anywhere from 30-40 rwhp with a 93 octane tune and no other mods.

If you want more power then you have no choice but to buy a tuner. My line of thinking has been this.

If you are limited on cash and your build up project is going to be done in stages then start from the back. Exhaust and tuner have always been my First purchases. Then you know what ever you do from that point forward, you will never have to worry about the exhaust being the final "choke" point and negating all the work you did to the motor.

You can pick up a used SCT x3 on ebay or Craigs list for around $200 (p# 3000). Then you can search around for a tuner that can either build you one or someone like John Lund will have several built and ready to email to you. A solid tune with no data logging for Dyno testing will run you about $150. And you can expect anywhere from 30-40 rwhp with a 93 octane tune and no other mods.

If you want more power then you have no choice but to buy a tuner. My line of thinking has been this.

If you are limited on cash and your build up project is going to be done in stages then start from the back. Exhaust and tuner have always been my First purchases. Then you know what ever you do from that point forward, you will never have to worry about the exhaust being the final "choke" point and negating all the work you did to the motor.

--Agree with ^Todd--todd did you buy a tuner and get 30--40hp out of it.Ive bought 2, one for a vette,and 1 for RA trans am,and almost couldnt tell much of a difference.But an exhaust you will defitiley feel,and sound better

--Agree with ^Todd--todd did you buy a tuner and get 30--40hp out of it.Ive bought 2, one for a vette,and 1 for RA trans am,and almost couldnt tell much of a difference.But an exhaust you will defitiley feel,and sound better

Bob

Bought a tuner a few weeks ago. Ordered the Off-Road X-pipe & John Lund tune from Lethal Performance yesterday.

Form what I understand the 93 octane tune will net me 35-45 rwhp, and I should expect 10-15 rwhp from the pipe.

And remember as far as your tuner for the Vette and T/A, both of those were NA motors. It is always easier to build HP in a factory Forced inducted motor.

So soon I will be making some noise. It will be installed by the next time we meet, hope to have it done this weekend.

Todd

Archived