TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Anyone See A Problem Here?

shelbymotorsports

I hate to mention this but the signature on this fake

dash plaque looks to be more Genuine than the

signature on my Guaranteed Authentic dash plaque.......

Just sayin........... :huh:

He says it's a plaque that CAME OFF a real Shelby.... Like that make it's it legit or something...

I bought a real one off craigs list to keep it safe. I have it hanging in my Shelby collection.

post-10954-126659586203_thumb.jpg

Mike

O I C since you bought it that makes it real, as opposed to stealing it, then it would be fake?..... so if mine came on the dashboard did I buy it or just save it from being stolen...... is mine real.... I'm so confused.... I'm going back to the NTT where nothing makes sense......

O I C since you bought it that makes it real, as opposed to stealing it, then it would be fake?..... so if mine came on the dashboard did I buy it or just save it from being stolen...... is mine real.... I'm so confused.... I'm going back to the NTT where nothing makes sense......

Now I'm confused. I have no idea if the plaque was stolen but it will not be used to counterfeit a Shelby GT. The fellow states it was left by his departed tenant and therfor after the proper time had passed was legally his and from my research I was inclined to believe him and his states law. I saw it posted on CL and did not purchase while it was posted. I contacted him for the buy after checking as best I could to see if it actually needs to be on a current titled car and that it was in fact a real ctr plaque for a SAI made SGT.

I will gladly return it to the resurected SGTs owner if that person has the knowledge to contact the registry and in turn contact me. I also asked the "Man" and no takers. I sure hope I'm not being accused of any improperness.

Mike

Now I'm confused. I have no idea if the plaque was stolen but it will not be used to counterfeit a Shelby GT. The fellow states it was left by his departed tenant and therfor after the proper time had passed was legally his and from my research I was inclined to believe him and his states law. I saw it posted on CL and did not purchase while it was posted. I contacted him for the buy after checking as best I could to see if it actually needs to be on a current titled car and that it was in fact a real ctr plaque for a SAI made SGT.

I will gladly return it to the resurected SGTs owner if that person has the knowledge to contact the registry and in turn contact me. I also asked the "Man" and no takers. I sure hope I'm not being accused of any improperness.

Mike

On the contary Mike, I think you did the right thing, I remember watching the thread before you bought it. I was just bustin' on ya! I hope it's not afake and someday you can return it to it's rightful owner!

Stay safe.....

Doug

On the contary Mike, I think you did the right thing, I remember watching the thread before you bought it. I was just bustin' on ya! I hope it's not afake and someday you can return it to it's rightful owner!

Stay safe.....

Doug

Roger that. It's a nice shelf piece till then. I would love to give this to the cars next costodian. I routinely give things away to promote the hobby and this would be a great story. Lots of happy kids that I ran into at gas stations and slipped them a new copy of Shelby annual. I'm still in contact with the fellow for follow up on the donor.

It's real.......I sniffed it : )

Mike

Proof!

You get what you pay for...

I say buyer beware.

• 1 month later...

Archived