TEAM SHELBY FORUM

2011 GT500 Pricing Announced

Five Oh B

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Did anyone else go to Ford.com and build a GT500 out now? Did you notice the following now listed as options when building your GT500? It also adds it to the picture of the GT500.

pedestal decklid spoiler - $335

side scoops - $112

quarter louver - $112

illuminated door sills - $207

I'm pretty sure those are the options you can add to the 2010 GT500. Before the annoucement of wht 2011 options I had been playing with the Ford.com site and building a 2010 Shelby. Check the top of the screen on the Ford Site it should say 2010

I thought I'd add some speculation to the fire...I'm not too keen on the color combos for the SVT Package....I was all set for a Grabber with White or Kona with Silver (after being saddened that Grabber + Black wasn't an option) and then SVT came along and threw a red wrench into the package.

I don't know what to do...I like the wheels, I like Kona or Grabber...but what is with the wacky color combos....

I did this mockup of the Kona Blue with Red stripes and the SVT rims to see what people think...

Thoughts?

post-27249-126456955652_thumb.jpg

I thought I'd add some speculation to the fire...I'm not too keen on the color combos for the SVT Package....I was all set for a Grabber with White or Kona with Silver (after being saddened that Grabber + Black wasn't an option) and then SVT came along and threw a red wrench into the package.

I don't know what to do...I like the wheels, I like Kona or Grabber...but what is with the wacky color combos....

I did this mockup of the Kona Blue with Red stripes and the SVT rims to see what people think...

Thoughts?

I know thats just a photo shop, but that looks just too busy, it just does not flow together tastefully to me, but the Grabber with red stripes for 2010 did nothing for me either.

The SVT shocks and springs should help with even better cornering and handling. The "Unique" stuff should be pretty cool.....just knowing how SVT is !!

+1

I am interested to see the "unique" equipment and how it differs from the standard.

Well, ordered a Vert today! Black w Red and SVT Package. Now we WAIT!!!happy%20feet.gifdrool.gifhappy%20feet.gifdrool.gif

congrats!

Did anyone else go to Ford.com and build a GT500 out now? Did you notice the following now listed as options when building your GT500? It also adds it to the picture of the GT500.

pedestal decklid spoiler - $335

side scoops - $112

quarter louver - $112

illuminated door sills - $207

The 2010 already has illuminated door sills...

As for "unique" shocks and springs, wtf does that mean? What is unique about them? Prob just FRPP parts...

I wouls say that that price does not include that GG tax. On these types of cars there will always be a GG tax. More of a price increase than I had expected. Also that price might not include destination. Not sure where the OP got the information from but I seriously doubt it includes the GG tax.

I work at a Ford dealer and have ordered all of our Mustangs, SVT, and Shelbys for quite awhile. I got my info straight out of Ford's order banks when I ordered our first '11 GT500, so the info I posted is straight from Ford itself. I suppose it is possible that Ford may add a GG Tax before production starts, if one is due, but it's also possible that with efficiencies gained for the '11 (lighter weight, taller overdrive gearing, etc.) that a GG Tax might not be imposed for this model year.

I wouls say that that price does not include that GG tax. On these types of cars there will always be a GG tax. More of a price increase than I had expected. Also that price might not include destination. Not sure where the OP got the information from but I seriously doubt it includes the GG tax.

If Ford engineers have done their job, there should NOT be a GG tax. GM has not had one on the Vetts for a long time. All they need to do is get an EPA rating of 22 mpg (might be 25 mpg now, not sure).

If Ford engineers have done their job, there should NOT be a GG tax. GM has not had one on the Vetts for a long time. All they need to do is get an EPA rating of 22 mpg (might be 25 mpg now, not sure).

The Vette is a 2 seats sports car with fiberglass materials on the cheap ones and carbon fiber on the expensive ones. That's why it doesn't have the GG, not because of any "advanced engineering" of GM. I don't want a carbon fiber $75,000 Mustang.

The Vette is a 2 seats sports car with fiberglass materials on the cheap ones and carbon fiber on the expensive ones. That's why it doesn't have the GG, not because of any "advanced engineering" of GM. I don't want a carbon fiber $75,000 Mustang.

I'm told it's not about what the car is made of. It's the vehicle classification and the EPA ratings that determine the GG or not. I realize the Vett and Mustang are in different class but still a 3500 lb car with 600 HP and no GG then Ford should be able to do it with the GT 500. IMHO

It'll be interesting how the GG tax pans out, I was thinking about the price of the SVT package with 3.73 gears and would this cause it to jump into the GG category? Right now I just don't see the value in the $3500 SVT upgrade but if they were including the GG tax I could see it justified.

I'm told it's not about what the car is made of. It's the vehicle classification and the EPA ratings that determine the GG or not. I realize the Vett and Mustang are in different class but still a 3500 lb car with 600 HP and no GG then Ford should be able to do it with the GT 500. IMHO

What Vette is 3500 lbs?

The ZR1 weighs 3350. Z06 is in the 3100s.

It IS about what the car is made of. The Vette's light weight gives it the fuel economy advantage!

It'll be interesting how the GG tax pans out, I was thinking about the price of the SVT package with 3.73 gears and would this cause it to jump into the GG category? Right now I just don't see the value in the $3500 SVT upgrade but if they were including the GG tax I could see it justified.

According to my dealer there is no gas guzzler tax on the 2011 GT500 regarless of the options. The MSRP including all destination charges is $49,495.00 for the coupe.

Here is some additional information - along with some questions.

Invoice/ rettail on a coupe - 43,999 / 48645

fuel charge - 43.68

fdaf assessment - $450.00

dest and delivery - $850.00

car cover 326.00 / 375.00

not showing gas guzzler

invoice is also showing

a/z plan, d plan, and x-plan pricing - does this mean X plan will be available?

these happen to be prices out of the dealer ordering system.

I have a dealer willing to go $1k over the invoice pricing above... even with the fdaf fee, which I assume is just additional profit built in... I assume $1500.00 over invoice is worthwhile to lock in now?

Man, sure wish I could see pictures of those other wheels. I assume they will be painted boss 302 wheels?

I wasnt going to buy anything but the 2011 looks to be outstanding.

fuel charge - 43.68

not showing gas guzzler

invoice is also showing

I have a dealer willing to go $1k over the invoice pricing above... even with the fdaf fee, which I assume is just additional profit built in... I assume $1500.00 over invoice is worthwhile to lock in now?

Man, sure wish I could see pictures of those other wheels. I assume they will be painted boss 302 wheels?

Wow that would be great if there is X-plan pricing.

Wow that would be great if there is X-plan pricing.

that would be my big question to the guys here at dealerships... it is simply shown on the vehicle order confirmation... has that always been the case? But it does clearly show A/Z plan, D plan, and X plan pricing.

X plan is shown as $80.00 over invoice/ A/ZD plan are shown at about 700 under invoice.

fuel charge - 43.68

not showing gas guzzler

invoice is also showing

Could you explain why the msrp for the coupe you gave is not the 49,500 that was given from Ford?

Also, do you know the invoice pricing on all the options, like SVT Performance Package and Electronics package and so on?

Thanks

If I can get a dealer at 1k over invoice, I am on board

Could you explain why the msrp for the coupe you gave is not the 49,500 that was given from Ford?

Also, do you know the invoice pricing on all the options, like SVT Performance Package and Electronics package and so on?

Thanks

If I can get a dealer at 1k over invoice, I am on board

I'm just reading the order.

But, you need to add the 850 back into the 48650... delivery and destination charges do get passed on.

I'm just wondering if 1k over, plus paying the fdaf fees is worth it...That' about 1500 over invoice, still a good price. Except I would have x-plan available to me.

What Vette is 3500 lbs?

The ZR1 weighs 3350. Z06 is in the 3100s.

It IS about what the car is made of. The Vette's light weight gives it the fuel economy advantage!

My 2005 Z51 Vette weights about 3,200 lbs, between the vette's light weight and the 1st to 4th "Skip Shift" they make their EPA mark and thus get around the GG tax.

By the way the "Skip Shift is easily bypassed, or just shift at over 2,500 rpm!

Looking to order my 2011 with SVT package soon but would like to see what the wheels, and stripes look like on car.

Hey guys, just because it shows the A/Z/D/X-Plan price on the CONCEPTS order system doesn't mean its avialable. This happened to a dealer who ordered a Raptor for a customer. They saw it showed A-Plan and delivered it before checking any further. Turned out, the Raptor was excluded from Plan sales. They lost BIG TIME. The new list of exclusions isn't out yet, but rest assured, the 2011 list should show that the Raptor, Harley Davidson truck, GT500 and Chassis Cab Super Duty trucks are excluded from Plan sales.

Hey guys, just because it shows the A/Z/D/X-Plan price on the CONCEPTS order system doesn't mean its avialable. This happened to a dealer who ordered a Raptor for a customer. They saw it showed A-Plan and delivered it before checking any further. Turned out, the Raptor was excluded from Plan sales. They lost BIG TIME. The new list of exclusions isn't out yet, but rest assured, the 2011 list should show that the Raptor, Harley Davidson truck, GT500 and Chassis Cab Super Duty trucks are excluded from Plan sales.

Despite my sincere hope that you turn out to be wrong, I suspect that you are more than correct in your assumptions here.

-Pockdog

A/D/X/Z plan prices are shown on all invoices so that Ford doesn't have to reprint invoices if/when plan pricing becomes available (or is discontinued) on any particular product line. The newest GT500 that is eligible for plan pricing is the 2009 GT500 (now that there are some new '09's seriously collecting dust out there). The 2010 GT500 is not eligible for plan pricing yet, so it's safe to say that it may be a year or two before 2011 GT500's are available on plan pricing.

Archived