TEAM SHELBY FORUM

GT/CS (California Special) getting Ford COA's

stngfever

It looks like the CS cars will be able to purchase the Ford COA (like the GT-500).

(Look on Brad's site within CS section)

So let's see:

SC a Shelby GT at the factory, get a COA.

40th conversion, get a COA.

Buy one of the cars being sold from the Shelby Fleet, get a COA.

427 package, get a COA

Supersnake conversion, get a COA

Shelby SR, GT/SR, etc..... get a COA

and now soon the GT/CS cars will be able to get a COA.

Shelby GT SOL :banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead:

ALL THESE VERSIONS OF SHELBY'S IS DILUTING THE BRAND AND

TAKING AWAY FROM WHAT WAS ONCE SPECIAL. I CAN SEE MAKING A

GT350 CAR , BUT ALL THESE OTHERS LIKE THE SHELBY SUPER

CHARGERD , SHELBY TURBO , AND SHELBY SR & GT/SR :rant2::banghead:

IT IS MAKING ME SICK AND DISGUSTED. THEY SHOULD HAVE JUST LEFT IT

ALONE WITH THE SHELBY GT/SC AND GT/SR. :angry22:

SCOTTY :lurk:

ALL THESE VERSIONS OF SHELBY'S IS DILUTING THE BRAND AND

TAKING AWAY FROM WHAT WAS ONCE SPECIAL. I CAN SEE MAKING A

GT350 CAR , BUT ALL THESE OTHERS LIKE THE SHELBY SUPER

CHARGERD , SHELBY TURBO , AND SHELBY SR & GT/SR rant2.gifbanghead.gif

IT IS MAKING ME SICK AND DISGUSTED. THEY SHOULD HAVE JUST LEFT IT

ALONE WITH THE SHELBY GT/SC AND GT/SR. angry2.gif

SCOTTY lurk.gif

Ditto...........

I'm glad someone actually decoded what a COA is today. I'm all about a Shelby COA on all of our SGT Mustangs, it would be a nice touch. I would like to see a high quality certificate with CSM & VIN build date and don't mind paying for it with some signatures and maybe a picture of the various cars.

I'm with COBRA SCOTTY on to many types of Shelby Mustangs and have totally written off mine holding it's value, I am now just a drive and enjoy car person. When you have a great product it's the American way to produce all the market will handle.

GG

I'm with COBRA SCOTTY on to many types of Shelby Mustangs and have totally written off mine holding it's value, I am now just a drive and enjoy car person. When you have a great product it's the American way to produce all the market will handle.

GG

Thats because its ALL ABOUT THE MONEY. Thats what this WHOLE Country is about Period!

It looks like the CS cars will be able to purchase the Ford COA (like the GT-500).

(Look on Brad's site within CS section)

So let's see:

SC a Shelby GT at the factory, get a COA.

40th conversion, get a COA.

Buy one of the cars being sold from the Shelby Fleet, get a COA.

427 package, get a COA

Supersnake conversion, get a COA

Shelby SR, GT/SR, etc..... get a COA

and now soon the GT/CS cars will be able to get a COA.

Shelby GT SOL :banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead:

great news for me,,,, :mail: :happy feet: :happy feet:

Ditto...........

You have got to be kidding me!! For that matter ALL 2007 and up mustangs that were converted to Shelbys should be bad for the original Shelbys. It looks like they really hurt their value! If Shelby builds it, how can it decrease the value? Didn't he just take a couple of thousand regular GT's and turn them into Shelbys? That REALLY hurt the value of the original Shelbys? These post-title packages will do NOTHING to de-value current cars. In fact when I get my SHELBY TURBO package, it WILL turn my car from a regular GT to A PIECE OF HISTORY. Like all fine art, I will become the CARETAKER for this vehicle, because it WILL be around long after I'm gone. So quit crying and get out and drive that baby, cause Carroll hates trailer queens!

post-27473-126495338307_thumb.jpg

post-27473-126495349045_thumb.jpg

post-27473-126495338307_thumb.jpg

post-27473-126495349045_thumb.jpg

Not to add insult to injury to you sgt guys but for those interested, the coa's are also available for mach 1s, bullits, marauders, any svt product (contour, focus, f-150) and even Harley trucks.

It's also part of the affiliation between clubs and Ford Performance Group. Since Team Shelby is affiliated with them, SGT's should be included, however, they were asked to not do this for SAI produced Shelby's!

You Sgt owners need to relax. You know Shelby is looking to get you some certificates. Give them some time eh ?

Time? Isn't 2+ years more than enough time?

I thought the 2007/2008 Shelby GT's had a COA printed on an alum plate, mounted by Shelby, at the Shelby facility in Las Vegas on their dashes. You can't get a stronger COA then that. Furthermore..40 yrs from now the only Shelby (IMO) that will carry reall collector value will be the 07/08's SOLD new on Ford lots as Shelby's (just like the 'good old days) that were actually converted into Shelby's pre-title! Right now everyone is looking at HP aka GT500..give it time..10-20+ years and the last true new "Shelby" built cars will rule the roost. Shelbys built as in pre-title vehicles...not a later conversion of a used Mustang that anyone can do. so don't sweat the small stuff like a COA ..look at your dash- you already have it.

• 3 weeks later...

When I traded in My 04 Mach 1, I kept the orig. oil filter, fuel filter, and my COA...

The cost, if my mem. is right, for the COA from Ford Performance was $39 dollars for Mach 1 Reg Memebers and $49 for non-members. Yes, it is cool to have but as long as I had a R code in the Vin. I knew I had the REAL DEAL...

But, I would pay again for some car show art.. I also agree, years down the road and I know there will be a disagreement here - Orig-Bone Stock Shelby Gt's will be what is prized. And yes, I have been looking at some changes; just not sure I really want to do it (see above). OH what to do!

Not to add insult to injury to you sgt guys but for those interested, the coa's are also available for mach 1s, bullits, marauders, any svt product (contour, focus, f-150) and even Harley trucks.

Thats becuase all those cars didnt actually get built at SAI and need a COA to document their difference with other "regular" models.

The dash plaque is on my car put there when my car was completed, including CSM # and so forth, by SAI.

When its all said and done, thats all that matters.

Do you really need some piece of paper to feel part of the group.

Frankly, its those seeking the COA that got no dash plaque that are trying to get into the group you are already in cause

you bought one of the 8000 or so pre-title cars made by SAI in the last 40 or so years. The only ones. End of story, case closed.

Feel good, you choose wisely.

If you bought your car as an investment you are a fool!

If you believe that Shelby should have only made a few cars and then quit so they would "hold their value" you dont really understand the American free enterprise system.

Do you really think that Carroll Shelby should be more loyal to his past customers than to his employees or his current or future customers? He should have just closed shop and fired everybody because he might hurt his legacy or water down the brand? REALLY?

I'm sure that if some of your past customers asked you to stop working you would just quit and stay home all day doing nothing and making no money. You wouldn't think about all the potential/future customers (read: sales and money) that wouldn't be able to get your product, right?

Carroll is greedy because he continues to do what he loves and make cars, but I dont see anybody calling the owners of the cars at Barrett-Jackson greedy for asking $250,000 for a car that originally sold for $3,500.

So many of you act like spoiled little kids. Your missing the point entirely: These cars were not built to be investments, they were built to be driven, raced and enjoyed. Stop your bitching and start living.

Move to Cuba, China or Russia if you want to tell people how much money they can make!!!

soapbox.gif

Rant over.

backtotopic.gif

Totally agree Sean, I'm also really confused on why this thread was even started?????? Amy already commited on the thread in the Amy section that this would happen and that they are almost there. Sure it took time, but they listened and made this happen. It's all part of the process with the registry. Yet people still have to gripe....????

Isn't it time to just drive and enjoy the cars?????

:shift:

just saying,,,the total production numbers of the 2007 GT/CS was only 8455,,for the 2008 GT/CS only 7459,,,and for the 2009 GT/CS only 2619 ,,have been made,,not sure as to the total production numbers of the 2007,,2008 and the 2009 Shelbys,,I believe this much ,,drive and enjoy. :shift: ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, :dance:

While I never bought my car as an investment, I did buy it to enjoy the Smiles per Gallon.

It's interesting to so how many are willing to have no "Dog in the Fight" yet seem to hijack threads!

Thanks to Steve's (shelbymotorsports) recent post on COA's for the SGT's, it appears that their is a Bright light starting to appear at the end of this Tunnel!

...........Furthermore..40 yrs from now the only Shelby (IMO) that will carry real collector value will be the 07/08's SOLD new on Ford lots as Shelby's (just like the 'good old days) that were actually converted into Shelby's pre-title! Right now everyone is looking at HP aka GT500..give it time..10-20+ years and the last true new "Shelby" built cars will rule the roost. Shelbys built as in pre-title vehicles......

Not that it means a whole hell of a lot but, a lot of you guys are forgetting the '08-'09 GT-500KR's were also "Pre-Title" Shelbys.

Hey, wouldn't that make the 2009 KR the "last" pre-titled Shelby to date ?

Stgfever, My comments were not directed towards you, but you are correct that I do not "have a dog in the fight" as you say. However I have more passion and respect for these cars AND the man than many others on this site. I am the organizer for the San Antonio Shelby meetings. Last year I planned and organized a Texas Shelby weekend and had 23 cars from all over the state show up. I also do a little get together in west texas every year. Had 25 cars from every corner of the United States for that one. At the Vegas bash this year I had more offers to drive cars than I had time to. I'm not big on patting myself on the back usualy, however ask anyone here who has ever met me about my passion for Mustangs in general and Shelbys in particular. Just because I don't own one does not mean I don't understand.confused.gif

No matter how "watered down" the brand becomes I will probably never own a Shelby. There are other priorities in my life a little more important. I get my "fix" through my brother (who has two Shelbys) and my close friends who have more Shelbys than I could count (well, almosthysterical.gif )

As far as hijacking goes: Guilty as charged angry2.gif . I am just tired of small minded, self centered people bashing free enterprise.

As for the original post regarding SGT COA's: This is Shelby after all. If they say 6 months, expect 2 years. Thats just the way it works sometimes. The priority is making/modding cars for people lining up to pay them large sums of $. COA's are a little further down the list. Does it suck? Sure, but in the long run it doesn't make the car less fun to drive, which is what these cars are all about. shift.gif

Stgfever, My comments were not directed towards you, but you are correct that I do not "have a dog in the fight" as you say. However I have more passion and respect for these cars AND the man than many others on this site. I am the organizer for the San Antonio Shelby meetings. Last year I planned and organized a Texas Shelby weekend and had 23 cars from all over the state show up. I also do a little get together in west texas every year. Had 25 cars from every corner of the United States for that one. At the Vegas bash this year I had more offers to drive cars than I had time to. I'm not big on patting myself on the back usualy, however ask anyone here who has ever met me about my passion for Mustangs in general and Shelbys in particular. Just because I don't own one does not mean I don't understand.confused.gif

No matter how "watered down" the brand becomes I will probably never own a Shelby. There are other priorities in my life a little more important. I get my "fix" through my brother (who has two Shelbys) and my close friends who have more Shelbys than I could count (well, almosthysterical.gif )

As far as hijacking goes: Guilty as charged angry2.gif . I am just tired of small minded, self centered people bashing free enterprise.

As for the original post regarding SGT COA's: This is Shelby after all. If they say 6 months, expect 2 years. Thats just the way it works sometimes. The priority is making/modding cars for people lining up to pay them large sums of $. COA's are a little further down the list. Does it suck? Sure, but in the long run it doesn't make the car less fun to drive, which is what these cars are all about. shift.gif

agree with everything you said you eloquent Texan you.......oh, with one exception....

no one at Barrett Jackson asks for 250k for a $3500 car.........its open bidding with no reserve.....the free enterprise market at its best as you say!

Maybe 26 cars at next years west texas event! ;)

Archived