TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Shelby GT500KR - * NEW * wheels and tires for sale?

robertlane

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thank you guys. I went back and read the thread adressing the need for a tune (or more accurately, lack thereof) for the KR. Great info! Now it's a lot clearer to me. I can see a TVS in my future!

I looked at both the KR tune and the Procal tune parameters line by line and they were practically indentical. I ran my KR with the stock tune and no problems. The data logging was with the Procal tune. And I don't really want to dyno my car, I know it's pushing alot of power!!

Thanks for posting.

The FRPP TVS with the procal tune makes a GT500 go to 605hp (or about 550 rwhp). So, I can conclude the same horsepower for a KR with the FRPP TVS bolted on. That is around $2700 for 50-80 rwhp.

An aftermarket tune with a 2.6 pulley on the stock blower will yeild about the same power increase but you have to include an upgraded heat exchanger with fans to bring down the IATs and keep the car from pulling timing and losing power. So this setup will cost around $1700 for the same HP but you don't know what the tuner did in his tune to get you the HP.

Is my line of thinking correct?

Archived