TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Shelby GT500KR - * NEW * wheels and tires for sale?

robertlane

We might be receiving some brand new 2008-2009 Shelby GT500KR wheels with tires mounted! These are not blems, just production overruns.

If you are interested and want to get on the list, you must e-mail me here.

Note: These are for GT500KR owners only. Proof of ownership and registry required. Other stipulations will apply.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We might be receiving some brand new 2008-2009 Shelby GT500KR wheels with tires mounted! These are not blems, just production overruns.

Note: These are for GT500KR owners only. Proof of ownership and registry required. Other stipulations will apply.

Hello Robert, why should someone be able to sell the originals and buy more? Don't understand the logic here when that is what will happen, already has.

Edit: I am all for a KR owner being able to buy another wheel for the car. Since they are only for KR owners , I don't see why they are any different than the hood and a replacement only item?

I think a lot of us would like to have an extra set of wheels/tires just in case. I believe the probability of damage to the wheels, and certainly wear on the tires is far greater than the chance of damage to the hood. Also I would think that the extra wheel set is far more accessible to most than an extra $10-12k KR hood. I certainly see your point but I would definitely be in line to pick up a set of these with NO intention of selling them. Just my 2 cents. Take care.

I think a lot of us would like to have an extra set of wheels/tires just in case. I believe the probability of damage to the wheels, and certainly wear on the tires is far greater than the chance of damage to the hood. Also I would think that the extra wheel set is far more accessible to most than an extra $10-12k KR hood. I certainly see your point but I would definitely be in line to pick up a set of these with NO intention of selling them. Just my 2 cents. Take care.

I would do the same thing.

Robert, Thanks! Sent you an e.mail. I'll take a set.

• 3 weeks later...

:hysterical: Can't wait to see how many of them will be on ebay or somewhere els for sale in the next time. I don't believe that all KR owners are good guys.

:hysterical: Can't wait to see how many of them will be on ebay or somewhere els for sale in the next time. I don't believe that all KR owners are good guys.

I don't think so....not if you're paying as much as they're getting on eBay. Why would you bother?

I just want a 2nd set to store away. I'll store away the best rims out of the 8 in my basement.

I don't think so....not if you're paying as much as they're getting on eBay. Why would you bother?

I just want a 2nd set to store away. I'll store away the best rims out of the 8 in my basement.

The Basement !! What a Great idea !! I was going to put them under the bed in my master bedroom lol

:hysterical3: I will sell my 18" Alcoas to the first person that can get me a 20" set that has GT500 KR engraved on them!

But seriously, these wheels are for GT500 KR's only. There are a thousand other wheel sets out there for everyone else...

• 2 weeks later...

These wheels should become available later this week. :baby:

Robert, Thanks for staying on top of this. I'll call & place order tomorrow, 3/3/10. Thanks again!

• 2 years later...

Guys, I am desperately in need of 1 wheel. I bought my '08 KR and it was delivered this morning. I found the passenger side front wheel has a couple of gashes into the edge of the rim. The tire seems to be holding air so far, but it needs to be replaced to be safe. After reading this post I know everyone would like to have another set of wheels. But I really need to replace my damaged one as soon as possible. I tried to load a picture of the damage, but got an error because it is too big to upload. Thanks for any help you all can throw my way...

Steve

You will have to first have your car in the Shelby Registry before you will be able to purchase a wheel for the KR. You can get to the registry by clicking the link in my signature. If your car has been previously registered you will not be able to update it. ( link is broken) If this is the case send me an email or PM with your information and it will get manually entered.

Once this is done you can call Shelby American, and request the wheel. You will also have to fax a copy of your title or registration to them to prove ownership. Would also be a good time to pick up cert of authenticity.

(null)

Archived