TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Any 2010 clutch problems?

Red Snake

Just wanting to check and see how everyones clutches have been holding up on the 2010's, now that they have been in use for a while now.

I haven't heard any negative issues like we had with the earlier ones.

hi all , hello snake. i have not had any problems yet . 3500 miles . i really like this clutch . although i was initailly concerned about how high in the travel (high) mine disingages and engages . but im getting used to it. where is yours at ? top , bottom , middle.

hi all , hello snake. i have not had any problems yet . 3500 miles . i really like this clutch . although i was initailly concerned about how high in the travel (high) mine disingages and engages . but im getting used to it. where is yours at ? top , bottom , middle.

Hey Lightning,

Well I have an 08 and has had the TSB done, it engages around middle. Can't complain about it, but I do wonder when I'll have to replace it again.

4500 miles and flawless. I drove the car up HWY 1 too, 10 hours straight and beat the piss out of the car. Clutch/trans are same as new.

Went to Vegas and back for the Bash, clutch is as good as day one for me. For what its worth, I did hear from the performance shop guys at the event say that the clutch can and will burn up fast if you ride or engaging the clutch at stops or on a hill waiting at lights.

4500 miles and flawless. I drove the car up HWY 1 too, 10 hours straight and beat the piss out of the car. Clutch/trans are same as new.

Chris--sounds like Ford fixed all the issues you had, glad to see that--i remember you were ready to get rid of it at first.Ive only got 1800 miles,but verything works fine,including te clutch

Chris--sounds like Ford fixed all the issues you had, glad to see that--i remember you were ready to get rid of it at first.Ive only got 1800 miles,but verything works fine,including te clutch

Yeah it's mostly perfect, mostly. I still have paint/stripe issues that I will eventually address.

Just wanting to check and see how everyones clutches have been holding up on the 2010's, now that they have been in use for a while now.

I haven't heard any negative issues like we had with the earlier ones.

2700 hard miles and still light as a feather, feels new

1800 miles and not a problem. Absolutely the best performance clutch I've ever driven.

So glad to see these positive posts. I am ordering a 2011 and the biggest reason is the shuddery clutch in my 2007. Had the TSB done and its still the worst clutch system I've ever driven. I'd of had the 2010, but held out for the lighter aluminum block. Glad you 2010 guys are happy with your clutches!

So glad to see these positive posts. I am ordering a 2011 and the biggest reason is the shuddery clutch in my 2007. Had the TSB done and its still the worst clutch system I've ever driven. I'd of had the 2010, but held out for the lighter aluminum block. Glad you 2010 guys are happy with your clutches!

only thing im unhappy with is the very very bad wheel hop. anyone else?

Archived