TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Best Camero Picture - Uh...Typical

TexasShelby

"Objects in rear view mirror are actually that small and will get smaller by the second as you accelerate" :hysterical:

Is one of his fog lights already burned out? What is that with Chebbies... I always see them with one driving light or fog light not lit.

Good win. I don't get challenged in the Shelby too much... but people always want to "run" me when I am in the Viper.... I had an S-10 pick up try me!

I was coming back from Nashville--had oil changed and tires balanced--just about a mile from my exit I noticed a new black Camaro back in traffic. He made his way to my back bumper before we exited and then he hung back there for another mile or so. We were both running right at the speed limit-55 on that section of the highway. I noticed he dropped way back and then caught up quickly, passing me very slowly, both driver and passenger looking me over, finally passing me and slowing down, so I'd have to pass them. As I did, the driver gave me a wave and stayed within 2-3 car lengths until we got into town. I guess they were just curious......I was disappointed!

No one has tried to race me, no one.

I think its respect thing and I like it

I was by a new SS a couple of weeks ago, so I rolled my window down and complimented the color (dark blue with white stripes). He said "Thanks, I really like your car. I won't race you though because I know what is under the hood. I would take you off the line, but you would catch up pretty fast and it would be over." So, it probably is a respect thing.

Yeah the respect thing is pretty nice when they do.

I had a GTO that was oblivious to GT500s and really wouldn't let well enough alone, so I had to spank him pretty hard in front of his young friends. Later on when parked they rolled up and he was just amazed, at least until he saw under the hood and found out what a GT500 was. Him being young I tried to go easy on the kid and explained to him, "you have to know the food chain, big bad snakes will eat a GOAT for a snack".

He smiled and shook my hand....Just like I did when I was in my teens and someone handed me my hat.

He still will stop and say hi, and always very nice and respectful.

On the other hand, I have and do decline with respect when it comes to someone that is higher up on the food chain than my GT500....I did have a blown Z06 spouting off one night at a Sonic (only because everyone was walking past his car to see mine and a Rousch vert), and so I told him I'd race him for $10k, anywhere anytime...he was stunned, but before he could say yes...I said the first one across the finish line with his 3 best friends in his car wins...OH WAIT!, vette owners don't have 3 friends....everyone died laughing and I smiled and said that I would be crazy to race him...and that one "HAS TO KNOW THE FOOD CHAIN"....he smiled once he knew he had my respect...and btw...that was the most beautiful Z06 I'd ever seen and would have made me look silly.

Is one of his fog lights already burned out? What is that with Chebbies... I always see them with one driving light or fog light not lit.

Good win. I don't get challenged in the Shelby too much... but people always want to "run" me when I am in the Viper.... I had an S-10 pick up try me!

That is too funny. Sometimes I think that one light stays off until the other blows, the the first one comes on...

The first SS I saw in town (between Wake Forest and Raleigh, NC on Highway 1) came up behind me weaving through traffic and actually accelerated as he started to pass the black mustang convertible...then he hit his brakes and stayed just off my rear quarter panel until I exited about 10 minutes later.

The thing is, that area is crawling with cops, and I would have let him have his little victory, only to have his ego bruised at a more appropriate time...

Nice Pic!

PRICELESS:

2007 Shelby GT 500 convertible - $55,000

set of Nitto tires - $900

tuned suspension - $1200

custom dyno tune - $400

cost of a smile to see a Camero

in the rear view mirror after

being smoked by a Shelby GT500 - Priceless!!!!!!!!

Archived