TEAM SHELBY FORUM

WHEN DO WE HEAR ABOUT THE 2011 GT500??

03reptile

I've been hawking all the sites and still no definitive information on the up-coming 2011 GT 500. I finally called Ford Performance in hopes of getting a glimmer. Boy, do those guys keep their cards close to their vests! The rep. would not confirm the aluminum block or anything! He did indicate there might be something at the Chicago Auto Show scheduled for February 12th. My dealer friend advised there is no order bank for the car as of yet, so I guess we still remain in limbo. Maybe they don't want to steal the thunder from under the GT350 recently revealed and out of the financial reach of most Mustang owners. Getting anxious to get my order in. Guess the waiting game continues. Crap!!

i doubt ford cares about the sai gt350 and would alter its strategic plan because of it...

Under normal circumstances I'd agree with what you said, however; knowing Carroll Shelby as we all do, wouldn't it be just typical of him to have made an agreement with Ford to hold off with the GT500 info so he could have his opportunity to spotlight his GT350 for a week or so? Since he has a good relationship and contract with Ford for usage of his name, etc., that would not surprise me, and be very typical of his savy business sense. What do ya think?

Well, it appears that this fellow's dealer has some information about the 11' GT500...

http://www.teamshelby.com/forums/index.php?/topic/52817-drove-triple-black-2010/page__view__findpost__p__893959

Son of GT, Thanks for the info!!!!! Now there is no doubt about ordering the 2011. What a bunch on nice improvements!! I've been waiting for this for several months. Don't know how you got the new order form, but thanks again!!

Wow, I would definately wait if I were in the Market, that SVT package sounds nice, love the look of the wheels.

Agreed. Definitely going to click the SVT package option. Am I wrong or do the SVT pac wheels look pretty much like the ones on my 2007, albiet a little larger? I do prefer the standard 2011 wheel design, (much easier to clean!) but will live with the old wheel design to get the other features with the SVT package. This is good news, and the aluminum block and electric steering are GREAT new options. I've got the Electric steering on my DD'r 2010 Fusion and its great. Even if they keep the 2010 HP & torgue figures, this car will be faster losing all that engine and power steering weight. Can't wait to get her this early summer.

I've been hawking all the sites and still no definitive information on the up-coming 2011 GT 500. I finally called Ford Performance in hopes of getting a glimmer. Boy, do those guys keep their cards close to their vests! The rep. would not confirm the aluminum block or anything! He did indicate there might be something at the Chicago Auto Show scheduled for February 12th. My dealer friend advised there is no order bank for the car as of yet, so I guess we still remain in limbo. Maybe they don't want to steal the thunder from under the GT350 recently revealed and out of the financial reach of most Mustang owners. Getting anxious to get my order in. Guess the waiting game continues. Crap!!

new forum section,

http://www.teamshelby.com/forums/index.php?/topic/52837-2011-gt500-order-guide/

Archived