TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Unemployment Rate: How does your State stack up?

AWI Press Release:

TALLAHASSEE –

Florida’s seasonally adjusted unemployment rate for December 2009 is 11.8 percent. This represents 1,087,000 jobless out of a labor force of 9,180,000. The unemployment rate is up 0.3 percentage point from the November rate of 11.5 percent, and up 4.2 percentage points from the December 2008 rate. The state’s current unemployment rate is 1.8 percentage points higher than the national unemployment rate of 10.0 percent. December’s unemployment rate is the highest since May 1975 when it was 11.9 percent.

Florida’s total non agricultural employment in December 2009 is 7,343,700, representing a job loss of 232,400, or -3.1 percent, compared to December 2008. Florida’s rate of job decline is the same as the national rate of decline for December which is also -3.1 percent over the year. The December 2009 job loss continues the trend of annual declines that began in August 2007. Florida’s rate of job decline has moderated over the last few months, moving from -5.4 percent in March 2009 to -3.1 percent in December 2009.

Industries losing the most jobs are construction; trade, transportation, and utilities; and professional and business services. These three industries account for approximately two-thirds of the job losses in the state. Health care has been Florida’s only growth sector for most of 2009.

“Under the leadership of Governor Crist, we are continually pursuing opportunities to bring more workforce development funds to Florida," said AWI Director Cynthia R. Lorenzo. “We recently launched the Florida Back to Work program and announced more than $7 million in grants to identify and retrain Floridians for green jobs. Innovative strategies like these strengthen our communities while creating much needed jobs and helping Floridians rejoin the workforce.”

I am sure that this does NOT include all the unemployed People that has since moved out of state looking for work.

come again.

I was having a little trouble reading that post also. Looks like a pole hit some cars somewhere. That's not good.

Right now, Kalifornea (that's how Arnie says it) is at 12.2%, which is equal to the current UR for Los Angeles County. :banghead:

These unemployment rates only count people who are actively looking for work. Many people have given up for the time being or aren't interested due to gov't support. The real rates are much higher.

In any event, check out this link which alleges to provide the rates.....

http://www.google.com/publicdata?ds=usunemployment&met=unemployment_rate&idim=state:ST090000&dl=en&hl=en&q=connecticut+unemployment+rate#met=unemployment_rate

AWI Press Release:

TALLAHASSEE –

Florida’s seasonally adjusted unemployment rate for December 2009 is 11.8 percent. This represents 1,087,000 jobless out of a labor force of 9,180,000. The unemployment rate is up 0.3 percentage point from the November rate of 11.5 percent, and up 4.2 percentage points from the December 2008 rate. The state’s current unemployment rate is 1.8 percentage points higher than the national unemployment rate of 10.0 percent. December’s unemployment rate is the highest since May 1975 when it was 11.9 percent.

Florida’s total non agricultural employment in December 2009 is 7,343,700, representing a job loss of 232,400, or -3.1 percent, compared to December 2008. Florida’s rate of job decline is the same as the national rate of decline for December which is also -3.1 percent over the year. The December 2009 job loss continues the trend of annual declines that began in August 2007. Florida’s rate of job decline has moderated over the last few months, moving from -5.4 percent in March 2009 to -3.1 percent in December 2009.

Industries losing the most jobs are construction; trade, transportation, and utilities; and professional and business services. These three industries account for approximately two-thirds of the job losses in the state. Health care has been Florida’s only growth sector for most of 2009.

“Under the leadership of Governor Crist, we are continually pursuing opportunities to bring more workforce development funds to Florida," said AWI Director Cynthia R. Lorenzo. “We recently launched the Florida Back to Work program and announced more than $7 million in grants to identify and retrain Floridians for green jobs. Innovative strategies like these strengthen our communities while creating much needed jobs and helping Floridians rejoin the workforce.”

I am sure that this does NOT include all the unemployed People that has since moved out of state looking for work.

Green jobs my A$$. I've been here since 1961. Florida has always been a great place to live but a crappy place to work. I don't see the employment picture getting any better for the foreseeable future. What little manufacturing there was is mostly gone. The back office customer service phone jobs are mostly gone. Even the restaurants are closing making those crappy jobs hard to get. I actually had a potential employer ask me how old I was the other day. The job scene here sucks to say the least.

Green jobs my A$$. I've been here since 1961. Florida has always been a great place to live but a crappy place to work. I don't see the employment picture getting any better for the foreseeable future. What little manufacturing there was is mostly gone. The back office customer service phone jobs are mostly gone. Even the restaurants are closing making those crappy jobs hard to get. I actually had a potential employer ask me how old I was the other day. The job scene here sucks to say the least.

So true. Florida wants Companies to move here but then makes it hard for them to come. We were going to get a Jag & Land Rover Dealership several Years ago and they pulled out because they spent a Year getting Permits and still wasn't close to breaking Ground. It's crazy stupid trying to bring in business here.

AWI Press Release:

TALLAHASSEE –

Any un-employement numbers or any numbers for that fact that is information from the Gov. are always soft in their favor. REALl un-employement rate a few months ago was 17.3% and I'm afraid it's not going to improve until the light bulb goes on in D.C. assuming there is a light bulb. :banghead: According to news stations last week and on the net, B.O. claims his adminstration has created 500k new jobs. Actual breakdown out of those 500k jobs, private sector approx. 10% the remainder, Gov. jobs. They just don't get it. Gov. jobs do not promote tax revenue and the only cure to our economic woes right now is the need for new "private" sector jobs that are full time. Now D.C. wants to impose a bank tax on banks that are carrying excessive debt. Wonder how that is going to stack up in effecting those 4.8 million foreclosed homes that banks are carrying "as" excessive debt? Are they going to dump them on the market as active sales in order to escape having to pay "bank tax" on excessive debt??? This adminstration and congress is in LALA land. What we need is Reaganomics that carried us into the late 80's and 90's.

Any un-employement numbers or any numbers for that fact that is information from the Gov. are always soft in their favor. REALl un-employement rate a few months ago was 17.3% and I'm afraid it's not going to improve until the light bulb goes on in D.C. assuming there is a light bulb. :banghead: According to news stations last week and on the net, B.O. claims his adminstration has created 500k new jobs. Actual breakdown out of those 500k jobs, private sector approx. 10% the remainder, Gov. jobs. They just don't get it. Gov. jobs do not promote tax revenue and the only cure to our economic woes right now is the need for new "private" sector jobs that are full time. Now D.C. wants to impose a bank tax on banks that are carrying excessive debt. Wonder how that is going to stack up in effecting those 4.8 million foreclosed homes that banks are carrying "as" excessive debt? Are they going to dump them on the market as active sales in order to escape having to pay "bank tax" on excessive debt??? This adminstration and congress is in LALA land. What we need is Reaganomics that carried us into the late 80's and 90's.

Agree 100%

http://www.theonion.com/content/video/zombie_reagan_raised_from_grave

Any un-employement numbers or any numbers for that fact that is information from the Gov. are always soft in their favor. REALl un-employement rate a few months ago was 17.3% and I'm afraid it's not going to improve until the light bulb goes on in D.C. assuming there is a light bulb. banghead.gif According to news stations last week and on the net, B.O. claims his adminstration has created 500k new jobs. Actual breakdown out of those 500k jobs, private sector approx. 10% the remainder, Gov. jobs. They just don't get it. Gov. jobs do not promote tax revenue and the only cure to our economic woes right now is the need for new "private" sector jobs that are full time. Now D.C. wants to impose a bank tax on banks that are carrying excessive debt. Wonder how that is going to stack up in effecting those 4.8 million foreclosed homes that banks are carrying "as" excessive debt? Are they going to dump them on the market as active sales in order to escape having to pay "bank tax" on excessive debt??? This adminstration and congress is in LALA land. What we need is Reaganomics that carried us into the late 80's and 90's.

+ 1 Trillion... give or take a few Billion.

Archived