TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Russo Steel Auction...

Dennis Brown

Russo and Steel has lost both of their tents. A friend of my has a tent pole laying across his 66 Mustang GT350 Hertz clone, and my 67 Shelby GT350 has tent poles laying on both sides of it, but I could not get to see if either of them hit my car. The main thing is that no one was hurt.

doh.gifdoh.gif

I know there are alot of cars with damge they was a Cuda about 5 or 6 cars down from me that the back glass was gone. On the news last night they said a car was turned sideways. I hope they will let us back in today so we can see what the damge is.

The disaster at Russo and Steele is very bad if your a car buyer, seller or participant in any form. The amount of damage to the cars under the two tents that collapsed and blew away MUST be significant. This is a real nighmare for everone involved.

If there are no injuries, that is a blessing although I am sure a few would trade a broken arm to have their prized possession remain unscathed. In the end, as sick as everyone feels about this situation, iron can be repaired, so lets hope no one was hurt in anyway.

I was watching Barrett Jackson last night, and on the TV and you could actually hear the storm cell unleashing its rain and wind on the main tent while the auction was going on. Steve Davis and Craig Jackson took turns with the mic during the auction and told everyone to "remian calm" and "stay where they were" for safety sake. You could see the fear on their faces. It was scary to watch, It must have been a tough night for everone involved at all the auctions.

QSS

Thats terrible, I truly feel bad for everyone there, the car owners, with all the work and preparation they've put in getting their cars ready, and the folks at Russo & Steele, I know some of them quite well, and they're good people, I'm sure they're working as hard as they can in this tough situation

Wow is this going to be a hugh loss for the collector car insurance co's. I hope they can handle such a huge loss. That Ford GT had every panel ruined by the storm. Boy this is so sad.

I think it is inevitable that our insurance will go up in the future. This will cause a huge payout for the collectors car insurance companies. So sorry to the guys who lost their cars.

anyone know what happened to Dennis' gt350?

I was one of the lucky ones I have a small dent in the right rear, I had about 2"of water in the floor board and my antenna was bent. It looked like a war zone. There were about 5 Shelby's that got it pretty bad all of them were 66 and 67's. There was a 2007 40th Vert that got a little dent on the Driver side. The SAAC Shelby that had 11 miles will have to have a new fender the hood and roof fixed and repainted it was very sad to see all those cars with damage.

Archived