TEAM SHELBY FORUM

2011 Mustang GT

thanks 5-oh.

400a is the way to go but it's kinda silly to pay for a leather interior twice. once from ford then again (as an option) from sai. guess we will have to think about this. i'm gonna go vinyl stripes and see how it looks in person. i can always have the stripes painted here if the vinyl does not look quite right.

Yes, it seems redundent to pay for leather on the 400A, just to have SAI replace it anyway, but consider what you will give up if you order the 300A (in addition to not being able to order the electronics package). This is what you get in the 400A package that isn't in the 300A package....

• 6-gauge cluster w/MyColor™

• Ambient Lighting – Map pockets and Sill Plate, Cupholders, Front & Rear Footwells

• Auto-Dimming Mirror

• Bright Aluminum Accent Dash Appliqués, Pedal Covers Scuff Plate, Shifter Knob

• Bright Chrome Door Speaker Surrounds

• Door Trim Panel Inserts

• Gloss Paint Center Stack and Console

• Leather Steering Wheel w/Brushed Spokes

• Satellite Radio (6 mos. Complimentary SIRIUS® Subscription, N/A in AK & HI)

• Seats – Leather, 6-way Power Adjustable Driver, 2-way Adjustable Head Restraint and Power Lumbar

• Shaker 500

• SYNC®

That's a lot of goodies that shouldn't be left off of a high profile car like a GT350, IMO.

thanks 5-oh.

400a is the way to go but it's kinda silly to pay for a leather interior twice. once from ford then again (as an option) from sai. guess we will have to think about this. i'm gonna go vinyl stripes and see how it looks in person. i can always have the stripes painted here if the vinyl does not look quite right.

I'm looking at the Rapid Spec right now I don't see the 300a option.

Yes, it seems redundent to pay for leather on the 400A, just to have SAI replace it anyway, but consider what you will give up if you order the 300A (in addition to not being able to order the electronics package). This is what you get in the 400A package that isn't in the 300A package....

• Ambient Lighting – Map pockets and Sill Plate, Cupholders, Front & Rear Footwells

• Auto-Dimming Mirror

• Seats – Leather, 6-way Power Adjustable Driver, 2-way Adjustable Head Restraint and Power Lumbar

• Shaker 500

• SYNC®

That's a lot of goodies that shouldn't be left off of a high profile car like a GT350, IMO.

I looked at 2010 300A and 400A side by side last night. No question, forget the 300A.

The GT350 IS AWESOME! Doeas anyone know if they will be coming out with a Vert this time. Thanks

Got it from pretty high up...... there will be 4 GT350 convertibles, just like 1966.

The GT350 IS AWESOME! Doeas anyone know if they will be coming out with a Vert this time. Thanks

Got it from pretty high up...... there will be 4 GT350 convertibles, just like 1966.

They made 6 convertibles. Although 4 are confirmed by SAAC and they made 12 continuation series 66 Shelby GT350 convertibles between 1980 and 1989. One is in Luxembourg. Three of them are owned by the Shelby family. Sharon, Michael and Randall. The Randall car was owned first by Patrick. And that is not me.

Agreed, I had my order changed to the 400 package after some further thought....but Im not doing the navigation....one day our media of choice and the technology of gps and nav will change, and I dont want a complicated or possibly no solution to using an aftermarket head unit....the nav comes with integrated climate control...I have had two Lexus' radios I was stuck with due to this problem.

• Auto-Dimming Mirror

• Shaker 500

• SYNC®

That stuff would be great on a daily driver. But how much are you really going to drive a GT350?

I would guess that the majority will be split between track cars and garage queens (leaning more to garage queens). I dont know, I guess SYNC could be used on the track, but probably won't be that useful in the garage. hysterical.gif

well, I do like the ambient lighting and 6 gauge cluster with my color...does it make it faster, no....but why spend 65k on a car and not have it all if its a couple Gs more to get it loaded...besides, one da down the road, a car with that stuff will be desirable when my kids sell it...I saw two pictures of both versions of the interior....its not even close....the shelby upgrade only covers some things, but not all...Plus I wanted HIDs as well. I might not be daily driving it, but I can imagine a few instances where it will be driven long distances...at least 8 hours getting there, might as well enjoy it!

you guys are dead on accurate. the 300a is not an option. left deposit today for a 400a with hid, security and electronics. now it's time to hurry up and wait.

btw - it's so friggin cold here today and it sucks.

Tony

Did you mean "300a is not a option" as...

"Not Available for GT350" or "Not what you would order"?

SWA- 300a CAN be ordered for the GT350, but if you have any knowledge of the older body mustangs that came out in 2005, think about how the interior looked in that compared to the interior upgrade package on our GT500s...I didnt buy a 2005 STRICTLY due to the cheap looking interior.

Truth is, its a luxury. But I think we owe it to the beautiful design of the car NOT to cheapen it or leave a pedestrian that sees the car somewhere underwhelmed by the interior. Make no mistake, the SAI interior upgrade done by Gary Disney is gorgeous, but there will be things you will not have dressed up with that option. I have also been told that there is a HUGE difference in how the front looks with HID compared to no HID headlights. I haven't seen it without, but I dont want buyers remorse a few years down the road. I also added the security package...just smart to have, and I like the one on the GT500...it doesnt go off unless someone is messing with it. (except when you have it on a trailer, dont lock the doors!)

Now, what I haven't stated here yet are the options I PASSED on.

Shaker 1000- too much weight compared to the Kicker which you can get just as cheap with good sound, but not quite as good IMHO

Electronics Package- This includes Nav and integrated climate control on the touch screen of nav- I didnt go this route because I dont like ANY factory nav setups, and if you get an integrated system, what happens when you want to change the nav or it goes out in 10 years, since right now, no aftermarket has climate control integration. Down the road, better technology will exist, and maybe I want a DVD/ Active Traffic-Weather Map/ Built in integrated Radar Detector/ who knows what else? (There is already an engine computer module that you can hook up to your video source on almost any aftermarket that you can configure to show GUI gauges on screen with real time engine monitoring)/ back up camera, etc. etc.

Are there features on the electronics package I missed that Im not giving weight to? Someone can chime in if I missed a thing.

Power Passenger seat- I didnt go with this because I didnt want the added weight, and I dont usually ride shotgun. Plus, a third passenger has to wait for the seat to crank forward in an electric setup. Its just not worth it to me.

<I dont know if I will do the Shelby interior just yet, I can always add it AFTER my next points so I dont mess it up and I can be cavalier about keeping the stock interior nice>

The options that are missing from Ford AND Shelby

Ford:

Every car should have the Homelink mirror system, It was the first mod I added to my GT500 before I even took delivery.

I wish ALL instrument lights on the center console and doors changed color with the ambient...I have never liked the green stock lighting on the control knobs...changed it to red on my GT500, will change it to Blue on the GT350

Shelby:

Rear seat delete package- A must!

Roll cage- another must

What would I like to see different?

I would change the rear middle light to Shelby cutout like is available on the 2007-2009s...get rid of the Shelby lettering across the mid section rear...stripes all the way down, get rid of the badging on the sides and the front and just put something on the front in its place...it needs the running pony emblem on it somewhere...

I get the impression that most if not all these things will be addressed though, so Im a happy camper. :happy feet:

I just thought I would give a detailed reasoning on my Mustang GT build...

Warren, I was just bustin' on you;like you I'd load that puppy to the gills. I would alsa skip the nav/ HVAC controls.I would also like to see the badging lightened up,photo shop the stripes down the rear,I think it makes it look too heavy.

Doc Scott

• 1 month later...

Tony

Did you mean "300a is not a option" as...

"Not Available for GT350" or "Not what you would order"?

sorry for the confusion-not what i would order.

unless anyone were to seriously track/race this car - i think the broader appeal is in the 400a.

300a interior would be a huge disappoinment in my opinion. there are many parts of the 400a interior that are substantially more appealing. dubbsfaris stated that the dash, guage surrounds and other features would just be plain jane in the 300a and the shelby interior upgrade would not address these unless you were to address them as an extra work order. i like the interior on themy '10 gt500 and the '11 with 400a should have most of those features.

Archived