TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Traded in my 07 GT500 for brand new 08 Shelby KR

STCOBRA

For starters, the suspension is where all the engineering went into. That's the biggest difference between the KR and GT-500. The KR also has 3.73 gears in the rear and a CAI. The exhaust is completely different too. Don't forget about the functional front brake cooling. The other stuff are cosmetic (hood, mirror covers, front splitter....etc)

Also, if you're into production numbers, they only made 1723 KR's world wide.

The FRPP suspension I have on my GT500 not only lowered it to where it should have been but it is adjustable from stiffer to looser. The KR is still in the sky and needs to be lowered.

FRPP adjustable suspension $2,500

3.73 gears $200

JLT Carbon Fiber CAI and tune $600

Cosmetics and production numbers? I guess that is a reason if you have to have one, but I don't see it as more refined.

The FRPP suspension I have on my GT500 not only lowered it to where it should have been but it is adjustable from stiffer to looser. The KR is still in the sky and needs to be lowered.

3.73 gears $200

Cosmetics and production numbers? I guess that is a reason if you have to have one, but I don't see it as more refined.

I agree and think most people would too. I would not define the KR improvements over a stock GT500 as more refined, not saying the improvement aren't nice. I would buy a new KR now simply because the price is right and they aren't making KRs anymore for now, but... I thought very hard about trading my GT500 that has Fays2 Watts Link, FRPP Suspension, 3.73s with a Torson T2+ diff and a TVS for a KR that I wouldn't want to mod, just didn't make sense for me to do it, just can't see giving up a good thing that is the way it should have been built (IMO) to say "I have a KR" and "God I hope my hood doesn't get damaged" . I say more power to you, if your a person that made that decision but for me it made more sense to keep the 07 GT500 and enjoy it, the way I like it.

I did get rid of my 06 Corrola for a 010 Civic Si to drive everyday and that car is fun and good looking. The Si also makes me appreciate the Shelby more. I can see why Ford is switching to electric assisted steering and the gearing they chose for the 011 Mustang GT, similar to the Si.

I would have waited for the 011 Mustang GT instead of the Si for a daily driver but I still have a bit of a bad taste in mouth from Ford's ADM policy. I don't know if I can ever believe anything they say again about "Limited Edition". That taste lingers.

3.73 gears $200

I'm sorry, but compared to a stock GT-500, the KR is definitely more refined. I would know since I owned a '08 GT-500 for close to 2 years before getting the KR.

Oh, forgot to mention, the KR also comes with a short throw shifter.

I'm not knocking the GT-500, i'm just comparing the differences between a stock GT-500 and a stock KR.

May I ask you.....after you modded your GT-500, would you say it's more refined than a stock GT-500 ?

May I ask you.....after you modded your GT-500, would you say it's more refined than a stock GT-500 ?

I don't think "more refined" is the proper use of words. After all, is a radio delete, rear seat delete Cobra R more fined than other cobras of its day? It is more ready for the track, but that is not necessarily refined. I guess I think "refined" is a personal idea of what ideal is. They are the same car with a few tweaks. If the KR comes without the BS clutch and tranny problems, I guess it's more refined. The fit and finish on the ones I've seen definitely do not make them fall into the category of "refined". No more than the frisbee hood scoop on my Shelby GT.

Ok, it seems we differ on the term "more refined". To me, it's about what could be improved. The GT-500 was looked at, and improved upon by the changes made in the KR. The suspension probably being the most important and noticeable improvement. The drive line (CAI, short throw shifter and 3.73 gears) was also an improvement. The exhaust note is a no brainer. I don't think there's a GT-500 owner yet that claims the stock exhaust is "music to their ears".

When I picked up my '08 GT-500, I wanted to make some changes to the car to make it even better. The absolute 1st thing I did was change out the mufflers. Ok, sound was MUCH better, next on the list.......Short throw shifter. Yup, installed the FRPP short throw with the black cue ball shift knob. Oh yeah, now we're talking! Next up was my plans for a CAI w/tune. After that, I was going to mess with the suspension for a bit. To bring it all together, I was going to install a higher gear (3.55's or 3.73's)

The KR came with all those improvements. So, if I were to compare the 2, the stock '08 GT-500 and the '09 KR, i'm going to say the KR is "more refined".

Ok, it seems we differ on the term "more refined". To me, it's about what could be improved. The GT-500 was looked at, and improved upon by the changes made in the KR. The suspension probably being the most important and noticeable improvement. The drive line (CAI, short throw shifter and 3.73 gears) was also an improvement. The exhaust note is a no brainer. I don't think there's a GT-500 owner yet that claims the stock exhaust is "music to their ears".

When I picked up my '08 GT-500, I wanted to make some changes to the car to make it even better. The absolute 1st thing I did was change out the mufflers. Ok, sound was MUCH better, next on the list.......Short throw shifter. Yup, installed the FRPP short throw with the black cue ball shift knob. Oh yeah, now we're talking! Next up was my plans for a CAI w/tune. After that, I was going to mess with the suspension for a bit. To bring it all together, I was going to install a higher gear (3.55's or 3.73's)

The KR came with all those improvements. So, if I were to compare the 2, the stock '08 GT-500 and the '09 KR, i'm going to say the KR is "more refined".

They moved you to the 2007 -2009 GT500 Forum :hysterical: I think you were just downgraded :headscratch:

Edit: Just kidding Bro.

How does $53500 sound for a 08 KR red with 1032 miles never titled with the warranty in service date 11/08 ?I would be the first owner. Do you think these cars have hit bottom yet ?

Archived