TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Traded in my 07 GT500 for brand new 08 Shelby KR

STCOBRA

Hi, just wanted to intruduce myself. I'm Armando Solis from Harlingen Texas. I usually post on Shelby 07-09 GT500 forum. It's Silver with Blue stripes. It's so much more refined than my Shelby GT500. I'm so happy!!!

Hey there, Armando; welcome to the club! The KR's a blast. :)

Hi, just wanted to intruduce myself. I'm Armando Solis from Harlingen Texas. I usually post on Shelby 07-09 GT500 forum. It's Silver with Blue stripes. It's so much more refined than my Shelby GT500. I'm so happy!!!

Welcome Armando they are a little more refined and a blast to drivehappy%20feet.gif

Congrats Armando. I'm still watching two KR's at my local Ford dealer that hopefully, someday I'll own one.

Hey Dan;

Puente Hills still has one Black on Black.................

Please describe how it is more refined than the GT500. I'm always looking to "one up" myself if I can justify it.

Hi guys. I purchased my KR from Weslaco Ford in Weslaco Texas. It was stickered for 81995.00 and I got it for 57000.00. I had an 07 Shelby and I got 36000.00 with 4500 miles on the cloclk.

Alex, no I'm not leaving the mods on the car. A friend of mine is trying to buy it as is but is wanting to trade in a Supercharged Jaguar and he's backwards on it. If no deal is done, I'm taking the stock parts back and the Service Shop is going to swap them out(TVS, FRPP CAI, L&M TB, FRPP KR's(It does sound similar but Real KR is deeper) and then I will sell these parts. I won't modify this one! A. Solis

Please describe how it is more refined than the GT500. I'm always looking to "one up" myself if I can justify it.

For starters, the suspension is where all the engineering went into. That's the biggest difference between the KR and GT-500. The KR also has 3.73 gears in the rear and a CAI. The exhaust is completely different too. Don't forget about the functional front brake cooling. The other stuff are cosmetic (hood, mirror covers, front splitter....etc)

Also, if you're into production numbers, they only made 1723 KR's world wide.

Hi guys. I purchased my KR from Weslaco Ford in Weslaco Texas. It was stickered for 81995.00 and I got it for 57000.00. I had an 07 Shelby and I got 36000.00 with 4500 miles on the cloclk.

Alex, no I'm not leaving the mods on the car. A friend of mine is trying to buy it as is but is wanting to trade in a Supercharged Jaguar and he's backwards on it. If no deal is done, I'm taking the stock parts back and the Service Shop is going to swap them out(TVS, FRPP CAI, L&M TB, FRPP KR's(It does sound similar but Real KR is deeper) and then I will sell these parts. I won't modify this one! A. Solis

Great move. Always thought about doing the same. Have any pics ?

IS

What year is it, and is it new?

Armando

That is a great deal ... they gave you big money for your 07 and you got a decent price for the KR ... throw the two together ... a GREAT PRICE .... can i hire you ? HA :hysterical:

Congratulations !!

1BADSHO, you my friend is why I got the deal I got. I read your posts and that is what I had for ammo(lol). I offered what your posts said. They really wanted to move it-Thank you very much(I had your threads saved on my laptop with my wireless card ready to go for reference)lol-A. Solis

Armando, Welcome to the KR family, I traded in a Porsche GT3 to own this car, I'm not disappointed, it's not a sports car but is can be a very good track car, enjoy!!

Livestrong

Archived