TEAM SHELBY FORUM

2011 Shelby GT350: Important ordering information

Before you order your 2011 Ford Mustang GT, you should first contact the Shelby sales dept. for any important updates, changes or revisions as you will need to order the correct Mustang GT in a certain configuration in order for Shelby to accept it for the Shelby GT350 program.

Sales Dept. e-mail or phone 702.942.7325

ORDER SPECIFICATION GUIDE

Shelby GT 350 - Ford Vehicle Order Form

Required Order Codes for Mustang:

Functional Attributes

1. Mustang V8 Coupe P8C

2. 5.0L 4V Ti-VCT V8 Engine 99F

3. 6-Speed Manual Transmission 44X

4. 3.73 Rear Axle Ratio (GT Coupe with M/T only) 457

5. California Emissions Requirements 422

Exterior and Interior Options

1. Performance White Exterior HP

2. Interior Trim 1U/1W

3. Spoiler Delete 13D

Dropship Code 88wkh7

Excluded Options and Packages- Shelby GT350 cannot be built if Mustang has following options:

Excluded Packages

1. Rapid Spec Package GT Cal Special 402A

2. Rapid Spec Package Premier Trim 401A

Excluded Options

1. Brembo Brake Package 55D

2. Glass Roof 59G

3. GT Coupe Accessory Package 1 941

4. GT Convertible Accessory Package 2 942

5. GT Convertible Accessory Package 4 944

6. GT Coupe Accessory Package 5 945

7. GT Convertible Accessory Package 6 946

8. Racing Stripe Option 47A

9. Hood & Side Stripes 943

Need help or have a question? Contact our sales Dept. via e-mail or phone 702.942.7325

Qustion for Robertlane, can a customer take delivery at the dealer and then drive the base Mustang to SA or must the base Mustang be dropshipped to SA?

Thanks,

Tom

It being a post title conversion you should be able to pick up the car and drive out. Drop shipping just saves you the money of shipping the car to Vegas. Buy the car and drive it for a few months then take it out to Vegas??

MM

It being a post title conversion you should be able to pick up the car and drive out. Drop shipping just saves you the money of shipping the car to Vegas. Buy the car and drive it for a few months then take it out to Vegas??

MM

[/quote

Thanks MM, When I worked for Saleen we did not allow the customer to take delivery it was drop ship only most of the time. Well this is good news for a customer of mine that wants to drive from SO-CAL to Las Vegas!

Thanks,

Tom

Michael is correct. You can drive it directly to Shelby American.

Many people will want to drop ship from the Flat Rock, Michigan plant to Vegas however as the window sticker will show it being it shipped FROM Ford TO Shelby American. Just a tip for future documentation. ;)

Clarification requested. In the Motor Trend piece it states the 2011 GT350 will have a choice of Auto or Manual trans like the Shelby GT did. Here it's stated you have to get a manual for a stock GT to be accepted for conversion. Was MT in error? :headscratch:

I believe MT to be in error as we were instructed to order only a manual transmission for the GT350 when we ordered our first one.

Sorry to butt in here, but directly from Amy and Jim Owens, GT350's are available with automatics.

I would check with Roger Sorel to confirm the data sent out to the dealer network.

And NOT to ruffle anyone's feathers... But, since these are post-title upfits from SA, can a Dealer order a completed GT-350 and then sell it as a "NEW" car???

No...well the're not supposed to anyway. I understood that the car (2011 GT Mustang) must have proof of ownership before it's converted to a 350, but I would acquiesce the final answer to this question over to Amy, Roger, or Michael Morris.

The upfit is supposed to be similar to the Super Snake package, and those had to have proof of ownership before conversion.

Sorry to butt in here, but directly from Amy and Jim Owens, GT350's are available with automatics.

I would check with Roger Sorel to confirm the data sent out to the dealer network.

SAI called our dealership a couple days ago after we submitted our first GT350 order. They are sending out much more complete ordering info to us, along with some other goodies since we're onboard with selling them. I'll be sure to scour the info they send.

And NOT to ruffle anyone's feathers... But, since these are post-title upfits from SA, can a Dealer order a completed GT-350 and then sell it as a "NEW" car???

As Son of GT already said, these are supposed to be "post title" used cars going in for conversion. However, I don't see why a dealership couldn't order an '11 GT and send it to SAI while still on an MSO and pay SAI for the conversion to be done, then have it shipped to the dealership where it could be sold as new, but paid for in full by the dealership (no flooring). Or, if it can't go on an MSO, it would likely have to be sold as a used vehicle.

Thanks for the clarification. I think I know where the confusion comes from. The 3.73 Rear Axle is mentioned as a requirement for GT350 conversion, which is only possible on manuals. If they intend to make autos they need to clear that up with dealers.

I am confused. I just talked to Shelby today 1/29/2010 and was told at this point they cannot get the supercharger and auto transmission to work together and an auto cannot be ordered at this time.

I am confused. I just talked to Shelby today 1/29/2010 and was told at this point they cannot get the supercharger and auto transmission to work together and an auto cannot be ordered at this time.

We have told everyone that the automatic would be late availability. The information you were told was correct. At this time the engine and transmission communication with the Supercharger is not compatible. Remember this is a concept vehicle, there are very few superchargers out there on a 5.0 and most are in test with the 6 speed transmission. The 6 speed auto is a new transmission and will need development time. Hence late availability.

Roger

Tuning a car with a supercharger and automatic can be difficult. I paid for several hours of dyno tuning after my Vortech supercharger went on, and the vast majority of that tuning was for drivability and transmission. Dyno, road test, dyno, road test, dyno, road test, ad naseum. Finally got the trans tuning to work great with the blower's characteristics, but I have two different tunes 1) one that's great around town, and 2) one that's awesome at the dragstrip at wide open throttle. I can certainly understand why a GT350 automatic would be late availability.

Archived