TEAM SHELBY FORUM

OK, now what??

ilmor

OK, the GT350 is finally here. So what do we start talking about & wishing SAI will produce next time??

Yeah, the Boss and Cobra Jet models may be coming out...but those are just Fords, not Shelbys.

I guess the next big thing will be the total Mustang redesign which is supposed to happen for the 2014 year I think?

:lurk:

How about they just worry about gt350 they just introduced. I think thats a good start, its going to need things done to it. If you're a SA diehard great but they need to put stuff out that has a larger appeal to a bigger slice of the mustang hobby. I don't see that right now I see just trying to satisfy the core. When Carroll Shelby started his car's performance did the talking not signature plates and another special edition of this or that I'd love to see them use that as the driving force for anything they decide to do.

Personally I hope Ford does a street Boss the 2010 bodystyle is perfect for it. Its time for it to come back and

whip up on some folks.

How about a 2nd generation Shelby GT. Forget all the extras of the GT350 and give us a car with an upgraded suspension, short throw shifter, upgraded brakes and modest thrust (horse power and/or gear) gain. With subtle design changes and give it us for less than $10K premium. The Shelby GT was the perfect car for SAI at the time. A more realistic design period and lower production would improve the minor flaws of the first generation.

It's a little unbelievable to me that I suggest this. If not, I'll just look around for a 2008 when the time comes.

OK, the GT350 is finally here. So what do we start talking about & wishing SAI will produce next time??

Yeah, the Boss and Cobra Jet models may be coming out...but those are just Fords, not Shelbys.

I guess the next big thing will be the total Mustang redesign which is supposed to happen for the 2014 year I think?

lurk.gif

It seems like Ford Changes up the body of the Mustang every 4 years. I suspect the 2010 model design will run for 4 years as well....2010 - 2014.

The 2015 Model would come out in Spring of 2014 if history repeats itself.

If your speaking of the new focus they just introduced in detroit thant would be sweet. But why stop there. Frod is building great cars right now. I'd love to see performance packeages for everything. the Fusion, the new Taurus, the Flex, even the Edge. In those cases they don't have tobe limited edition or super rare or whatever. Make at least a little Shelby performance attainable to the masses.

Speaking of the GT350 What do you guys think of pricing? I hope these numbers aren't finalized and/or weren't correct in the article I read Autoblog says packages start at 33,995. That's without the car. Msrp for the 2011 5.0 GT starts about 30,495. That's 64,490 total for a car that they're shooting to get about 500 horse out of? That's not a very big boost considering the 5.0 starts north of 400. A 2010 GT500 starts at 46,725 and it has 540 horse. Is the exclusivity of the GT350 worth almost 18,000 more than a new GT500?

If your speaking of the new focus they just introduced in detroit thant would be sweet. But why stop there. Frod is building great cars right now. I'd love to see performance packeages for everything. the Fusion, the new Taurus, the Flex, even the Edge. In those cases they don't have tobe limited edition or super rare or whatever. Make at least a little Shelby performance attainable to the masses.

Speaking of the GT350 What do you guys think of pricing? I hope these numbers aren't finalized and/or weren't correct in the article I read Autoblog says packages start at 33,995. That's without the car. Msrp for the 2011 5.0 GT starts about 30,495. That's 64,490 total for a car that they're shooting to get about 500 horse out of? That's not a very big boost considering the 5.0 starts north of 400. A 2010 GT500 starts at 46,725 and it has 540 horse. Is the exclusivity of the GT350 worth almost 18,000 more than a new GT500?

I got a Flex with the twin turbo ecobooost in it in December. After seeing the one the SAI gang was motoring around in with the razors on it, I offered mine up to Roger as a "test mule" if they wanted to make a Shelby package! (I don't think he thought it was as good of an idea as I did LOL)

A Shelby SHO... now that's a daily driver!

Crazy, 10-4... exactly, and NO!

The new TT direct injection V6 would be a great engine to hot rod and while the SHO is cool already I think with a little Shelby flavor it would be great, some subtle cosmetic changes a nice lower stance and of course engine upgrades with the right wheels I could already imagine it :drool:

I like the idea of the Shelby Focus. That would be some thing for the 2012 year if they do it on the new "World" platform. Would also compliment the Dodge 4 cyl days.

Umm, NO!

I'd prefer to see something like a Shelby Expedition that is more practical. When Shelby did the Shelby Dodge Durango it was popular and for its time very cool and that is coming from a FORD guy! When Saleen did the Saleen Explorer it would have sold better if not for the price. I seen the Saleen F150 up close and at the recent Bash got a good look at the Shelby Super Snake F150 and as bad ass as these pickups are not very practical for everyday use but on the other hand a Shelby Expedition would be. Leave the rice rockets to the other people

:lurk:

Mustang redesign in 2014 is a scary thought considering what they did to the 2010 model! Squishing the front grille was a very bad idea and I am still shocked it passed final design by the head Ford people. The 2005 design was almost perfect

I like the idea of a Shelby Focus also, and maybe even a Shelby Fiesta. Then you'd have a Terlingua and a Fiesta. :happy feet:

In either case, twin turbo 4 cyls w/ double clutch auto trans are required.

Make them affordable for the masses and you have an instant hit.

How about a 2nd generation Shelby GT. Forget all the extras of the GT350 and give us a car with an upgraded suspension, short throw shifter, upgraded brakes and modest thrust (horse power and/or gear) gain. With subtle design changes and give it us for less than $10K premium. The Shelby GT was the perfect car for SAI at the time. A more realistic design period and lower production would improve the minor flaws of the first generation.

NOOOO!!!! I like having the one and only in limited numbers.

Umm, NO!

I'd prefer to see something like a Shelby Expedition that is more practical. When Shelby did the Shelby Dodge Durango it was popular and for its time very cool and that is coming from a FORD guy! When Saleen did the Saleen Explorer it would have sold better if not for the price. I seen the Saleen F150 up close and at the recent Bash got a good look at the Shelby Super Snake F150 and as bad ass as these pickups are not very practical for everyday use but on the other hand a Shelby Expedition would be. Leave the rice rockets to the other people

Couldn't disagree more-an Expedition? Practical for everyday use? I'd think a Shelbyized Focus would be far more practical and much more in tune with the times. The Shelby built Dodges were not only not "rice rockets", but, in addition to laying waste to the cars in their market segment, they were also quite capable of harassing much more expensive performance cars. Imagine what Shelby could do to that new Focus-I'd buy one.

I'd also love to see the "R" model of the GT350-I think I'd buy one of those too.

Archived