TEAM SHELBY FORUM

2010 GT500 Engine Bay Dress-up Kit??

66DNA

Looking at the www.shelbyperformanceparts.com website, it appears as though the various car parts only are available for (up to) 2008 models?

Do any of you know if such items as "engine bay Dress-up Kit" is available for the 2010 Shelby GT500?

[i have a convertible and am interested in a Light Bar as well as the Engine Bay Dress-up Kit]

Thanks everyone!

Todd

Looking at the www.shelbyperformanceparts.com website, it appears as though the various car parts only are available for (up to) 2008 models?

Do any of you know if such items as "engine bay Dress-up Kit" is available for the 2010 Shelby GT500?

[i have a convertible and am interested in a Light Bar as well as the Engine Bay Dress-up Kit]

Thanks everyone!

Todd

I called and talked to them last month, all those caps will fit but 2, from the old set. The new set will be ready around March they say, and maybe slightly different style because of the 2 caps that need to be modified.

Not according to Blue Oval and Shelby. The earlier '07-'09 kits do NOT fit the 2010 models.

I don't know *what* is different, but something is.

I'm still waiting for a '10 version to come out, myself.

Phill

Not according to Blue Oval and Shelby. The earlier '07-'09 kits do NOT fit the 2010 models.

Phill

The 2010s are definitely different. The Project321 kits ARE available for a 2010 - but specify when ordering.

Any of the great sponsors on this site can take your order.

Jake

Project321

Phill

Me too, Phil. I just talked to Keith at Shelby Perf parts last week and he said they are still trying to put the finishing touches on the caps for the 2010 and should be in a "couple of weeks". He also said to check back on the plaque for the 2010 signed by Shelby and check back on that too about the same time unless somebody else out there knows something else. I have seen the plaque on the 2010 Super Snake (sits in front of the shifter and covers the Sync badge) so I would also like to get that. this is all I know for now.

Just want to thank EVERYONE of you who have posted a reply!

Let's keep this going! Please post any updates on Shelby's dress-up kit for the engine bay...as well as the autographed Plaques!

I was looking at those project321 parts - - they look great. But I'm eager to see what Shelby has for us - - especially if the wait is only a couple weeks (which means months, I know! LOL)

Thanks

Todd

I INSTALLED THE SHELBY ENGINE DRESS UP KIT TODAY WITH NO PROBLEMS THE ONLY THING I HAD TO DO WHICH TOOK 15 MINS WAD TAKE THE WIND WASH COVER OFF CLEAN ALL THE LIPS AND PIVOT CLIP OFF AND DOUBLE SIDE TAPE IT TO THE SHELBY COVER ALL OTHERS FIT PERFECT . I DONT KNOW WHAT THE BIG MYSTERY IS ???? :headscratch: WITH SHELBY SAYING NO PART AVAILABLE FOR THE 2010 . I BOUGHT THE KIT FROM A SHELBY AUTH DEALER INSTALLER IN ONTARIO CANADA AND HE STATED HE HAS INSTALLED THEM ALSO :headscratch:

I INSTALLED THE SHELBY ENGINE DRESS UP KIT TODAY WITH NO PROBLEMS THE ONLY THING I HAD TO DO WHICH TOOK 15 MINS WAD TAKE THE WIND WASH COVER OFF CLEAN ALL THE LIPS AND PIVOT CLIP OFF AND DOUBLE SIDE TAPE IT TO THE SHELBY COVER ALL OTHERS FIT PERFECT . I DONT KNOW WHAT THE BIG MYSTERY IS ???? :headscratch: WITH SHELBY SAYING NO PART AVAILABLE FOR THE 2010 . I BOUGHT THE KIT FROM A SHELBY AUTH DEALER INSTALLER IN ONTARIO CANADA AND HE STATED HE HAS INSTALLED THEM ALSO :headscratch:

Upload a couple photos!?!?!!!

That would be great!

Thanks

[/quote

I bought the 7 piece set and 2 of the parts didn't fit my 2010 ( the engine oil dipstick and the window washer fluid). Everything else fits perfectly. I called Shelby and they will allow me to exchange the 2 pieces that didn't fit for the new pieces...

I bought the 7 piece set and 2 of the parts didn't fit my 2010 ( the engine oil dipstick and the window washer fluid). Everything else fits perfectly. I called Shelby and they will allow me to exchange the 2 pieces that didn't fit for the new pieces...

Are they available yet?

Do you have a part number?

Last I checked, they were still not listed on the SPP/Shelby store site.

TIA,

Phill

[/quote

hi , the oil dipstick fit with no problem tap the push pin out and install in the new shelby handle and tap the pin back in ,and the windsield wash cut the edges off to make it round and two side it or eurethane it in place and put it in the cap no problem

http://s821.photobucket.com/albums/zz132/pucky789/yfhfrh/

ame='GT500bro' date='24 January 2010 - 06:38 AM' timestamp='1264343912' post='894445']

hi , the oil dipstick fit with no problem tap the push pin out and install in the new shelby handle and tap the pin back in ,and the windsield wash cut the edges off to make it round and two side it or eurethane it in place and put it in the cap no problem

Thanks for the photos!

Are they available yet?

Do you have a part number?

Last I checked, they were still not listed on the SPP/Shelby store site.

TIA,

Phill

No I was told the parts are not yet available but soon will be. ..

ame='GT500bro' date='24 January 2010 - 06:38 AM' timestamp='1264343912' post='894445']

my kit looks a bit different than yours. my set doesn't have the red snake on them, maybe that's why there is a difference. the windshield washer cap is too large to snap into place and the oil dipstick dress up piece that is part of the kit is too thick to fit into the round sleeve so it would stick up and not go inside - i wouldn't be able to get an accurate reading of the oil level. the price of beauty i guess, LOL...

well what kit do i have then , everything fits ???????? :banghead: i will look at the part # in the morning and post it . i just recieved this kit tues of last week . so if my dipstick fits and yours doesnt what do you have for a part #

Part # 8S3Z-GT500-CAPS Thats what it says on the top of the SKU..

Archived