TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Rock Chip Repair

matyellott

Got a rock chips this weekend, about the size of a pea, anyone had success having these fixed?

Was it from following too close? Sorry Matyellott, I just couldn't resist after your other issue. Again, sorry. Now to your question. I've had the same problem before and have always opted to get a new windshield. It depends if the chip is through the windshield and thus will eventually start to crack and move accross your glass. Take the car to a respected windshield repair facility in you town and let them check it. They can tell if it can be repaired w/o fear of it getting worse or if its too deep, letting your comprehensive Ins. rider cover it (depending on how expensive your deductible is). The repair process is much less expensive then getting a new windshield.

Was it from following too close? Sorry Matyellott, I just couldn't resist after your other issue. Again, sorry. Now to your question. I've had the same problem before and have always opted to get a new windshield. It depends if the chip is through the windshield and thus will eventually start to crack and move accross your glass. Take the car to a respected windshield repair facility in you town and let them check it. They can tell if it can be repaired w/o fear of it getting worse or if its too deep, letting your comprehensive Ins. rider cover it (depending on how expensive your deductible is). The repair process is much less expensive then getting a new windshield.

Holy crap that was really funny! :doh:

I am having safelite autoglass come out and do an onsite, I will take a before and after for the group. And yes it is on the windsheild.

Holy crap that was really funny! :doh:

I am having safelite autglass come out and do an onsite, I will take a before and after for the group. And yes it is on the windsheild.

Glad you've retained your sense of humor!! Now days we all need one! Good choice. Safelite is a good company. They should be able to steer you in the right direction. Hope they can repair it and you save some money.

Archived