TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Header Question

keb

I recently put a set of Ford Racing Stinger Axle backs on my GT500. They sound good, but not quite as loud or aggressive as I was hoping.

What change in the character of the exhaust could l expect by keeping the Stingers and adding Catted long tube headers? I was going do a pulley and tune this spring and could just put on a set of long tubes at the same time.

Anyone with any experience with this?

Also, I thought that I read that long tube headers can help you make more power with less boost, which is probably a good thing for reliability!

Thanks

Keb

I recently put a set of Ford Racing Stinger Axle backs on my GT500. They sound good, but not quite as loud or aggressive as I was hoping.

What change in the character of the exhaust could l expect by keeping the Stingers and adding Catted long tube headers? I was going do a pulley and tune this spring and could just put on a set of long tubes at the same time.

Anyone with any experience with this?

Also, I thought that I read that long tube headers can help you make more power with less boost, which is probably a good thing for reliability!

Thanks

Keb

Keb, Ive been looking into pushing the exaust note up a tad on mine as well, It looks like adding a catted or non catted Mid Pipe will do the trick.

This was after listening to the sound board over on the SVT forums.

I know the guys at Lethal sell one in both configurations, Im just not sure if Ill go catted or non, Probably non catted and do a pully and tune as well.

Good Luck and Happy Modding

Archived