TEAM SHELBY FORUM

From a live perspective...

Hey everyone, sorry so late. My phone died taking pictures, so I wasnt able to upload yet. I will get some pics up by tomorrow, but for now...

Overall....great job on the car. You guys dont know how cool this thing is in person! Carroll announced that he will personally sign and drive every car in the first 200...

That NO ONE knew about....not even the employees...Ive got brochures and info I will try to get on here when I get back home tomorrow, but I am exhausted, and need to get some sleep before our departure tomorrow.

In attendance, from TS, Mike with the Prudhomme, Fadi, John Keller, Mike Stacy, Don O'Brien, Big Larry, Sean and myself.

We had front row access to the whole thing and it was really just a giant party...free drinks, hot women(oh my lordy) and one friggin awesome car....this thing is built for tracks. How much so? I was told a KR could not keep up with the STOCK GT Ford sent them....then the upgrades went on, and this is the best performing mustang ever built. The painted on stripes this car gets are beautiful, and the lines are sleek and refined. Everything on it is first class, from the whipple to the function air scoop for the brakes to the hood scoop which is a one piece mold, not like the SGT....the fully adjustable eibach suspension, and the list just goes on...

More tomorrow...girl pics by request...peace out and quit bitching about this awesome car you one post losers...I got no time for haters...it is unbelievable in person....that is just all there is to say!

EPIC NIGHT! Thank you Roger, Amy, Gary's, my TS friends and Carroll........

I wish you all could have been there instead of most of those BJ socialites...you all deserve to see it live.

Now that is a real post with real information. It sure beats some numbnut bashing a car he has no intention of liking no matter what it looks like.

Thanks for the info. Now I'm even more pumped to see the car on Wednesday.

Thanks for the scoop Warren. After the 85th Bday Bash, quite a few of us caravaned with Amy and Co. to Scottsdale for the gala for the KR debut. It was an awesome party time and we all had Shelbys and GTHs that we parked on either side of the entrance and the guests had to walk thru the Shelbys to the party. It was great :)

Can't wait to see the car in person. What # did you get? Rick says he got #20.

Thanks for the scoop Warren. After the 85th Bday Bash, quite a few of us caravaned with Amy and Co. to Scottsdale for the gala for the KR debut. It was an awesome party time and we all had Shelbys and GTHs that we parked on either side of the entrance and the guests had to walk thru the Shelbys to the party. It was great :)

Can't wait to see the car in person. What # did you get? Rick says he got #20.

I hope you had a great time Warren!

Warren has number 19!

MM

Thanks for the informative post Warren and congrats on your car! Nice to hear from someone who has seen the car, and then bought one. The naysayers have been running amok here on the forum. I bet you all had a great time. Thanks again...

Hey everyone,

Thanks for the kind words! Sean and I are waiting to board right now...most the pics are on his phone, and I need to get them downloaded...which we just doing right now as I type this...

Tom, I'll get some stuff to you right away.

After some rest and sobriety, I can think a little clearer today. I have to wonder what people were expecting...its a mustang...

They werent going to uncover an Indycar...

As Mustangs go, My biggest complaints have been the cheap non functional add ons that we are stuck with to mod our cars...

This car is 100% function. Would I have DESIGNED the car the same way? No, we would probably have 100 different cars if 100 of us did it...am I happy with it? Oh, hell yeah. I think I can speculate that when Shelby came out with the GT350 in '65, they designed it to run....I know that many people want to see a retro homage to that car...but you cant do that AND stay true to the intention of the 350 in the first place...win on the track. Gary P. says this thing handles better than a Terlingua, and just has ridiculous power. To really understand the shortcomings of both the Terlingua and the GT500s, you really have to drive both...THEN you can understand what the problems are with each model on the track, and that is exactly what this car addresses. I dont know what the wieght distribution is on the car yet....so I cant speak to that...but I will get some pics up soon!

Nice Post Warrin. I over all like the car and really look forward to getting a ride in one from Gary P this summer in Tulsa. If it handles better than the SR on the track I am also on board to getting one I have to see and feel it before I commit to it.

Hey everyone, sorry so late. My phone died taking pictures, so I wasnt able to upload yet. I will get some pics up by tomorrow, but for now...

Overall....great job on the car. You guys dont know how cool this thing is in person! Carroll announced that he will personally sign and drive every car in the first 200...

That NO ONE knew about....not even the employees...Ive got brochures and info I will try to get on here when I get back home tomorrow, but I am exhausted, and need to get some sleep before our departure tomorrow.

In attendance, from TS, Mike with the Prudhomme, Fadi, John Keller, Mike Stacy, Don O'Brien, Big Larry, Sean and myself.

We had front row access to the whole thing and it was really just a giant party...free drinks, hot women(oh my lordy) and one friggin awesome car....this thing is built for tracks. How much so? I was told a KR could not keep up with the STOCK GT Ford sent them....then the upgrades went on, and this is the best performing mustang ever built. The painted on stripes this car gets are beautiful, and the lines are sleek and refined. Everything on it is first class, from the whipple to the function air scoop for the brakes to the hood scoop which is a one piece mold, not like the SGT....the fully adjustable eibach suspension, and the list just goes on...

More tomorrow...girl pics by request...peace out and quit bitching about this awesome car you one post losers...I got no time for haters...it is unbelievable in person....that is just all there is to say!

I wish you all could have been there instead of most of those BJ socialites...you all deserve to see it live.

Hey...I'm with yah!!! I think the car looks cool and I do think I WOULD WANT ONE but how do the pillar gauges look and will your head hit them....do they have a better old school shifter knob....whats the options from Shelby? Could you post or send me a broucher...Thanks Kenton Oh the girl pics 2

This car is great! The entire team at Shelby did an outstanding job!!! I know you can never make everyone happy - but that is why they make different cars. If this isn't your cup of tea - don't buy it...but see it in person before you decide! This thing is very well done. From the fully functioning scoops to the exhaust to the interior - this car is class - and function! And if the man himself is happy with it - good enough for me!

I can't wait to get mine! I love cars...especially Fast Fords. I agree with Henry - you can have aby color as long as it is black - not even that will keep me from owning this car - it had to be just as it is!

Thanks to all the great folks at Shelby - it was great to be included in such an important a special event!!!

Mike Stacy

500-VERT

Nope, Wont have it by then we were told...

BTW- I cant help but address consistent negative remarks regarding function and performance.

Some complain that it needs rear brake cooling ducts...it has them, fully functioning through the rocker panels...

The hood scoop is fully functional and not some plastic add on piece....

Some complain this car is too heavy, but the test runs done by Gary P has this car cornering better than the Terlingua, so it cant be that heavy...

The suspension is an Eibach fully adjustable ride hieght adjustable, caster camber adjustable, watts link....this car IS the suspension king of package cars.

Power? This car puts out more power than a stock GT500, and you will ACTUALLY get the power to the ground with this car.

Badging? Okay, I kind of agree with the side badges and the grill badge criticisms...but, thats all I have hesitations about.

My pics are downloading to photobucket now...

check em out:

http://s260.photobucket.com/albums/ii32/warrenfaris/

Nope, Wont have it by then we were told...

BTW- I cant help but address consistent negative remarks regarding function and performance.

Some complain that it needs rear brake cooling ducts...it has them, fully functioning through the rocker panels...

The hood scoop is fully functional and not some plastic add on piece....

Some complain this car is too heavy, but the test runs done by Gary P has this car cornering better than the Terlingua, so it cant be that heavy...

The suspension is an Eibach fully adjustable ride hieght adjustable, caster camber adjustable, watts link....this car IS the suspension king of package cars.

Power? This car puts out more power than a stock GT500, and you will ACTUALLY get the power to the ground with this car.

Badging? Okay, I kind of agree with the side badges and the grill badge criticisms...but, thats all I have hesitations about.

My pics are downloading to photobucket now...

check em out:

http://s260.photobucket.com/albums/ii32/warrenfaris/

What's the name of the burger joint?

That is the famous Heart Attack Grill in Chandler AZ....they cook their fries in lard and their cokes are the original bottled sugar ones...did I mention that the inside of the serving area is mirrored for maximum tail shots of the wait staff?

I got some more shots....my brother took all of those, and I need to get the few I took downloaded as well....

I was less about photo taking and more about being stunned and having my hands free for drinking....

Archived