TEAM SHELBY FORUM

2011 GT350- Is the sequel a failure?

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I feel like you do. These car does not speak to me. Maybe in person it will be better. I was hoping for a light weight more basic car at an affordable price that would beat up on more expensive cars. I like the idea of being able to build up to the top of the line car. I think it should be more like a Shelby GT plus that you can build up to a track car if you want.

I would remove the letters from the hood (I like the hood)

I would make the Shelby letters on the rear smaller and put them on the truck. (I like the black out plate and light treatment)

The back up lights look forced.

The center exhaust reminds me more of the Ford GT350 of 69-70 vrs the Shelby made cars

Go with a basic (cloth) interior and offer a rear seat delete

Make the base engine the 5.0 with CAI, calibration and exhaust...make the S/C an option

More subtle side skirts

Use light weight wheels 17s or 18s

FRP suspension

Options: Brake Kits, Griggs or similar suspension, roll bar/cage

I am not a hater. I like the current GT500KR, the Terlingua and the Shelby GT as well as the early cars.

Thanks Tony!

See folks its easy if you try! Good points Tony

MM

That can go both ways, My membership goes back to 06, True I don't post much, as anytime U do post on here people seem to get the beat Down, I was very Upset with my SGT about the Crappy Stripes and Hood Scoop, However I never said a word, as no cars are perfect, but 2 Hood Scoops later and it is still a Piece O Crap.

SAI has never came up with a Fix for the Scoop, and Guess what now it is out of Warranty. As you know Trim is 12/12, Lucky for SAI I Guess. Now back on track, Because I Don't Post often you slammed on me accusing me of only posting the slam on the car however that was not the case, I was more slamming the design of the car, or the lack there or. I Love The Shelby cars up to this date, even with the flaws. Now you are telling others not to slam on the team, which I think you are right in saying so. However it Goes Both ways I think.

If SAI is Listening to it Potential Buyers, they will Change this Car, Otherwise it will be another Mustang II. People will make fun of how SAI ruiened a perfect opportunity to make a worthy Tribute to the 65 Shelby and it Shelby Owners. I am Going to put this to rest now for me! I really hate this car!

Repost:

I kinda like the New Shelby GT350, and congratulations on all the hard work that Shelby American has put into making this dream into a reality...... However saying that, I would definitely LOVE the car with the following changes, with the ultimate goal of keeping car around 3500lbs or lighter and with say around 550+hp

1- I would rather see a build up of alot more HP of the new 5.0 engine internally (cam, heads,forged internals, etc) and do away with the supercharger (intercooler) and all that extra weight. Keep weight around above target range of 3500lbs or lighter (many performance and handling benefits).

2-continue the Blue Shelby painted on stripes all the way down on rear end.

3-move the Shelby name up higher on trunk lid

4- If car is going to be very limited than Remove back seat option and place in Rollbar (once again weight target range)

5-I like the exhaust out the back is a nice touch (how about some electric cuts-outs put in(if its legally possible).

6- wider meats (tires and wheels) all the way around especially back, and the old school crager S/S"s as a wheel option.

7-make all the add-on ground effects thru-out entire car look more like it was integrated into the body lines rather than just attached on.

8 im not so sure I like the location of the 2 round back up lights where they are

9-interior ball shifter I would like to see more old school round cueball type shifter.

10- how about some lower rear functional side scoops to cool off back brakes as well.

11-And with the internal build-up of engine (say 550+hp) NA, I would love to see some type of functional ram-air coming in

12- maybe alittle less badgeing

13- I would like to see some type of hood pins, spaced out towards outer front edge.

14--Overall i like the car as I said but the Shelby GT 350 remake should be more race oriented with less weight for even better handling (no S/C) more HP(Internal engine build-up from money saved from no blower etc) and less creature comforts(such as back seat etc)....especially if you say car is going to be very limited. I think this would be awesome and follow directly in line of what the "Original GT 350" had to offer at the track as well as the streets. I know that I would buy one and race it at "The Glen" for what it was initially intended for....racing heitage.

Congrats too all at Shelby-American....Keep up the GREAT work Carroll, Amy, and "The Crew"......I cant wait to see "The Real" finished road race GT 350 version when released. :shift:

That can go both ways, My membership goes back to 06, True I don't post much, as anytime U do post on here people seem to get the beat Down, I was very Upset with my SGT about the Crappy Stripes and Hood Scoop, However I never said a word, as no cars are perfect, but 2 Hood Scoops later and it is still a Piece O Crap.

SAI has never came up with a Fix for the Scoop, and Guess what now it is out of Warranty. As you know Trim is 12/12, Lucky for SAI I Guess. Now back on track, Because I Don't Post often you slammed on me accusing me of only posting the slam on the car however that was not the case, I was more slamming the design of the car, or the lack there or. I Love The Shelby cars up to this date, even with the flaws. Now you are telling others not to slam on the team, which I think you are right in saying so. However it Goes Both ways I think.

If SAI is Listening to it Potential Buyers, they will Change this Car, Otherwise it will be another Mustang II. People will make fun of how SAI ruiened a perfect opportunity to make a worthy Tribute to the 65 Shelby and it Shelby Owners. I am Going to put this to rest now for me! I really hate this car!

Im sorry! I came across the way I did. I'm usually the first person on here to stop folks from attacking others!

I have taken the critism of Amy and the folks that work for her personally. I understand if someone doesnt like the car; it's NOT for everyone. I understand that some die hard GT350 folks wanted more of a bare bones, race type car. Actually, I kinda like the idea of White with Blue Stripes and then everything else internal!

In case anyone didn't understand me, I will try harder to put into words what I mean.

MM

I think the car looks hot! There are minor issues I would change but they are minor.

A few less badges

Move the letters on the back up above the faux gas cap

Swap the gauge pod for a 'Speed of Sound' gauge pod.

Replace the boring stock shift ball with a 2011 blue striped white GT-500 type ball

Replace the steering wheel button with a 2011 GT-500 snake button.

I really like the hood with the GT350 letters.

Otherwise given if I had the money, I would definitely buy the car.

I am not trying to Stir any pot. I had no issues Paying 43K for my 07 SGT, or 61K for my First run 07 GT 500, or Stoping in to purchase a few things At SAI on my Way back from CA after buying my 93R. Those of us who have been around Shelby cars long enough know that People are paying for a name. Just like any big Product line.

People will buy this So called 350, I will not be one of them unless they do some Major Change, but being that they plan to auction it off at BJ this year, I can't see them making any changes at all to it.

So to me and My opinion it is that it is Just an overpriced Ricer tuner car. First off, the 65 Didn't have Roof stripes, they where added later in 65. So lets Delete those gaudy roof stripes and do away with the Camaro SS hood Scoop. Maybe add a retro style 65 style hood scoop but actually mold it into the hood, we don't need anymore temp fixes like the SGT scoop. (by the way mine is still messed up).

Remove the cheap Saleen knock off side skirts and that nasty rear spoiler. Add some 19 inch Retro Magnum 500 Style wheels with original Shelby center caps. put in some Functions quarter panel side schoops with some actual break cooling ducts. and a Big set of rear tires and call it done.

You can make these changes, and still sell the car for the same price, most loyal Shelby owners could care less for Bling Bling. And if they are trying to cater to a younger generation, let the unger guys go buy a Honda and do what ever they want to it. Why ruin what is supposed to be a true American Muscle car. All that cheap stick on Fiberglass stuff is simply for cars shows.

Unfortunately for you, your post above is insulting, if you can't post a response without calling names or insulting us, then don't post. there are many who like and don't like this product, that said...... say what you want in an adult manner.....

This car has features of more then one car, its not just about 65, its 66 and 67........it is also not being auctioned off, do not post info that is clearly a rumor and state it as fact

This thread is closed.....

Archived