TEAM SHELBY FORUM

2011 GT350- Is the sequel a failure?

Wow, I am shocked at how wrong Shelby's team got this car, mostly in a design sense. It does not relate at all to the original concept which was a bare bones race car. Amy didn't want to get it wrong because it is such a special car, but as was said before the unveiling the sequel is usually a failure as in movies and this one follows that trend. We expected a slim hard edged car without massive and poorly designed body kit bolted on. GT350 letters on the hood cut out of the stripe? No running horse in the grill? Gaudy front and rear bumpers with ugly round lights poking out of the rear bumper? Forced induction? How about working on the engine with cams and a computer tune is Shelby not capable of doing that? Center rear exit exhaust? I didn't know they were trying to mimic the 69 Shelby, how about side exit exhaust like the original. Its obvious why this will be built in very limited numbers. Over priced and ugly.

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wow, I am shocked at how wrong Shelby's team got this car, mostly in a design sense. It does not relate at all to the original concept which was a bare bones race car. Amy didn't want to get it wrong because it is such a special car, but as was said before the unveiling the sequel is usually a failure as in movies and this one follows that trend. We expected a slim hard edged car without massive and poorly designed body kit bolted on. GT350 letters on the hood cut out of the stripe? No running horse in the grill? Gaudy front and rear bumpers with ugly round lights poking out of the rear bumper? Forced induction? How about working on the engine with cams and a computer tune is Shelby not capable of doing that? Center rear exit exhaust? I didn't know they were trying to mimic the 69 Shelby, how about side exit exhaust like the original. Its obvious why this will be built in very limited numbers. Over priced and ugly.

Nice first post.

You are entitled to your opinion, but I must ask...why did you come out of the closet today ?

first off its still a stang but thats as far as i can go..the front end i thought looked rice burnerish..the lettering on the back is just plain wrong as in location and that hood scoop is ugly..yeah no gt500 owner need worry and this car should just go away..i waited months upon months for this and am totally disappointed..only plus is they did use blue stripes but why cut em up with more gt350 lettering on the hood???..that just looks stupid like 1980ish tape stripe and sticker stupid....oh well...no worries....wait for boss or buy a challenger srt8 someday..until then i will enjoy all my old motorcycles and smile that not a dime of my money went towards this horrendous sequel...seriously who would go through the hassel of buying a GT then shipping the car to sai only to get this back..makes no sense from what i have seen and where i stand

Wow, your first post! Nicely done. Carry on. This car is bad ass and is ahead of the curve. I guess we will see whether or not you are right. I think you are dead wrong. The car is crisp and unique and best of all its NEW!! It's not the same old same old. How about something different for a change? Car has been visible to the public for an hour and a half and you call it a fail? Open your mind up to alternative thought with respect to automobile design and engineering.

Give it some time. A lot of people didn't like the 2010 rear end when it came out and now a lot of people are saying, "you know, it's really not all that bad, it's growing on me".

FYI. Shelby American is an automobile manufacturer and they are required to produce vehicles that are ARB certified in all 50 states. Yes they are capable of tuning a car however that car has to be accepted by ARB and meet emission standards.

Welcome To T.S. WOW,I guess you won`t be buying one.

I couldn't have said it better myself. Since it's a "concept" maybe they'll tone it down a little. If Saleen can produce a body kit that looks OEM surely Shelby can. This JC Whitney looking car isn't going to cut it.

This guy isn't a troll at all. Just look at some of the feedback so far.

Autoblog Article

TMS Poll

TMS GT350 Thread

So while you were hibernating..... in 07 and 08 they had this car called a SGT....

hysterical.gif

So while you were hibernating..... in 07 and 08 they had this car called a SGT....

hysterical.gif

Sorry not hibernating just can't justify paying 45k for a CAI and a bolted on hood scoop with the SGT. Just waiting for Shelby to make a great car and so far the KR is the closest thing.

Wow, your first post! Nicely done. Carry on. This car is bad ass and is ahead of the curve. I guess we will see whether or not you are right. I think you are dead wrong. The car is crisp and unique and best of all its NEW!! It's not the same old same old. How about something different for a change? Car has been visible to the public for an hour and a half and you call it a fail? Open your mind up to alternative thought with respect to automobile design and engineering.

Give it some time. A lot of people didn't like the 2010 rear end when it came out and now a lot of people are saying, "you know, it's really not all that bad, it's growing on me".

FYI. Shelby American is an automobile manufacturer and they are required to produce vehicles that are ARB certified in all 50 states. Yes they are capable of tuning a car however that car has to be accepted by ARB and meet emission standards.

Ahead of the curve. More like behind it. This kind of cheap tack on body kit stuff and raiding the FRPP bin doesn't cut it anymore.

Take a look at this Saleen. If in the shape they are in they could make a body kit that actually looks OEM surely Shelby could.

4052256061_91d384cfe3_b.jpg

4052998722_9a8273607f_b.jpg

It actually is the best looking design SAI has done and the GT/SC is even better in convertible form.

I have a bald head and the coupe is lighter....And I actually think that the vert has a break in the rear styling.... I like the fastback...

He's not a troll. Get out of this forum and look around the web. It's not being received very well.

Hey - It's his first post. Ya it pissed me off.

I guess I will start all over.

Hey Paul - Welcome to TS. wub.gif

Ahead of the curve. More like behind it. This kind of cheap tack on body kit stuff and raiding the FRPP bin doesn't cut it anymore.

Take a look at this Saleen. If in the shape they are in they could make a body kit that actually looks OEM surely Shelby could.

I have to disagree. The Saleen kit looks like cheap JC Whitney crap IMO. I have personally never liked Saleen and always take personal joy in whipping their ass every time I see one on the track.

I like the car and I like the look. Saleen looks like the typical Saleen crap you get and Saleen honestly isn't even in the same league as Shelby so I guess we can just end that discussion. I've also met Steve Saleen, no further comment necessary. :censored:

These are all first impressions. Some will take it and some will leave it. Personally, I like the car because it's a different approach. It doesn't look cheap to me. I haven't been able to get up close and personal to it. From the photos at Motor trend and from what I can see I like the car. Just give it some time. A lot of people didn't like the 2010 Mustang rear end and then it started to grow on them.................

I just like the concept and I think it's more out of the box thinking than most expect. IMO.

Archived