TEAM SHELBY FORUM

It's here!!!! The new GT350 Finally!!

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Great looking package but Holy Crap, $33,995

Then you have to provide a 2011 5.0 Gt which according to Autoblog will start at $30,495

So $64,490 for a great looking car that has target h.p. of around 515-556 according to Motortrend

I know its more than just horsepower upgrades but seriously, nearly $18,000 more than a new 540 horse 2010 GT500

It looks nice but am I missing something?

Great looking package but Holy Crap, $33,995

Then you have to provide a 2011 5.0 Gt which according to Autoblog will start at $30,495

So $64,490 for a great looking car that has target h.p. of around 515-556 according to Motortrend

I know its more than just horsepower upgrades but seriously, nearly $18,000 more than a new 540 horse 2010 GT500

It looks nice but am I missing something?

Well....based on your username, it appears that you are missing one thing... :hysterical:

I'm sorry, but I couldn't resist...I'm a kidder by nature and just see things from a humorious POV.

I swear no insult intended.

:hysterical:

You did not just go there! Enis, that was, well, see emoticon above!

Joey, you are missing something....a big something concerning the car...

For those that havent driven a GT500 on a "track", let me fill you in that the 500s are very nose heavy and feel like driving a bulldozer....That is WITH the supersnake suspension...

Dont get me wrong, I L-O-V-E my GT500, but its a cruiser, a road rally car, but not a hairpin turn and chicane car by any stretch of imagination...

I would never have dreamed 400 pounds would make such a drastic difference, but then I drove a Terlingua V6 after driving my GT500, and its like driving a slot car on the same track that I had to squeal my 500 around....

The GT350 has the power of the GT500 with BETTER handling than a Terlingua. I will continue to repeat this because many people just cant see the whys and that makes PERFECT sense if you dont track your car.

This is the main reason this will be such a limited production, because of your thought after reading the last statement, I know what it is- yeah, well, how many people are REALLY gonna track their cars? Answer: not too many....but for those that do- this car will be a monster.

Thats the long answer to your question.

The short answer is-

Its cheaper than a supersnake, and will outperform it on any track but an oval or a dragstrip.

I hope that answers your question. If you dont track, dont bother dropping the money unless you just want the car. :salute:

Well....based on your username, it appears that you are missing one thing... :hysterical:

I'm sorry, but I couldn't resist...I'm a kidder by nature and just see things from a humorious POV.

I swear no insult intended.

I geuss I set myself up for that.

No worries though. If I were self conscience about it, it wouldn't be my screen name.

I geuss I set myself up for that.

No worries though. If I were self conscience about it, it wouldn't be my screen name.

:salute:

:hysterical:

You did not just go there! Enis, that was, well, see emoticon above!

Joey, you are missing something....a big something concerning the car...

For those that havent driven a GT500 on a "track", let me fill you in that the 500s are very nose heavy and feel like driving a bulldozer....That is WITH the supersnake suspension...

Dont get me wrong, I L-O-V-E my GT500, but its a cruiser, a road rally car, but not a hairpin turn and chicane car by any stretch of imagination...

I would never have dreamed 400 pounds would make such a drastic difference, but then I drove a Terlingua V6 after driving my GT500, and its like driving a slot car on the same track that I had to squeal my 500 around....

The GT350 has the power of the GT500 with BETTER handling than a Terlingua. I will continue to repeat this because many people just cant see the whys and that makes PERFECT sense if you dont track your car.

This is the main reason this will be such a limited production, because of your thought after reading the last statement, I know what it is- yeah, well, how many people are REALLY gonna track their cars? Answer: not too many....but for those that do- this car will be a monster.

Thats the long answer to your question.

The short answer is-

Its cheaper than a supersnake, and will outperform it on any track but an oval or a dragstrip.

I hope that answers your question. If you dont track, dont bother dropping the money unless you just want the car. :salute:

I won't argue any of your points. I'm sure it will be an amazing car. My only point is, is the sum of the parts they're adding really worth more than the cost of the car. Afterall, this is more expensive than the starting price of all the other conversion they do. Super Snake included . Also if this is like when we built our Terlingua labor and incidental parts aren't included.

I think the car's great and I hope its a great success. The price just seems excesive to me. Especially after the bad press they got for the $18,000 KR hood

I won't argue any of your points. I'm sure it will be an amazing car. My only point is, is the sum of the parts they're adding really worth more than the cost of the car. Afterall, this is more expensive than the starting price of all the other conversion they do. Super Snake included . Also if this is like when we built our Terlingua labor and incidental parts aren't included.

I think the car's great and I hope its a great success. The price just seems excesive to me. Especially after the bad press they got for the $18,000 KR hood

Actually 2 points to clarify.......

1- there was never an 18K hood, that was either a dealer trying to make $ or something else, the hood is expensive but much less

2. The super snake package is more then the Gt350 so that statement is incorrect. also the Gt500 come with SC hooks up and the GT350 do not, so a blower on a Non SC car will be more

I'm standing firm that this car will be nearly the same weight as an 07-10 GT500, and heavier than a 2011 GT500.

Please see my explanation as to why in earlier posts. A base GT is 3603 lbs. No way around that. You can't add all the parts Shelby is adding and expect the car to lose weight.

So the weight difference is 100 lbs between the 5.4 and the 5.0...wow, this is the first I've heard that. Where can I find an official ford rating on the weight difference of these engines? Not that I don't trust someone I don't know...Just would like to see this put to bed once and for all. I looked, but can't find anything but estimates.

So the weight difference is 100 lbs between the 5.4 and the 5.0...wow, this is the first I've heard that. Where can I find an official ford rating on the weight difference of these engines? Not that I don't trust someone I don't know...Just would like to see this put to bed once and for all. I looked, but can't find anything but estimates.

No. The GT-350 doesn't have just the 5.0 though. It has a SUPERCHARGED 5.0 which adds weight! Go pickup a whipple sometime with the intercooler. It isn't light. The 2011 GT500 will lose 130 lbs off the engine roughly and will be very close in weight to a supercharged 5.0. An N/A one, no.

The 5.0 weighs 430lbs. The GT350 has a blower on that though, adding weight.

Here are facts:

Base 2011 GT, no options whatsoever: 3603 lbs

2010 Mustang GT Whipple kit: 143 lbs

Rough guess on a BASE GT with a Whipple kit, like the GT350 has: 3746 lbs

2010 GT500 with iron block: 3920 lbs

2011 GT500 minus iron block estimate : 3790 lbs

GT350 @ 3746 lbs with added big brakes, big wheels, big tires, added body parts, gauges, and other appointments: 3900 lbs estimate. They have added a ton of HEAVIER THAN STOCK parts and done no weight savings. That is the best I can explain it.

Most of the GT500's weight over the GT comes from the brakes, wheels, and intercooled supercharger. Not the iron block. The GT-350 is GETTING most of the parts that make a GT500 heavy.

I'm standing firm that this car will be nearly the same weight as an 07-10 GT500, and heavier than a 2011 GT500.

Please see my explanation as to why in earlier posts. A base GT is 3603 lbs. No way around that. You can't add all the parts Shelby is adding and expect the car to lose weight.

'11 GT at 3603 before options. Almost every GT350 is going to be ordered loaded up from Ford, likely adding another 50-60 lbs. Supercharger, plumbing, and coolant for intercooler will add another 100 lbs. Bigger wheels, tires, brakes, etc from SAI will add weight (just guessing, but maybe 50-60 lbs). So, I could easily see a GT350 weighing in at 3800 lbs. '07+ GT500's were just over 3900 lbs, so the GT350 will likely be lighter, but not by a wide margin. Therefor, you are likely right that the '11 GT500 (with its AL block) will likely be a little less or about the same weight as the '11 GT350.

Well, there you go...glad to see it finally surface. dance.gif Looks, just right...

Hey, Big E! Hope you are well!

~Chris

I'm hanging in there Chris-hanging in there...

Glad to see you posting a little, I've missed your insight here.

Actually 2 points to clarify.......

1- there was never an 18K hood, that was either a dealer trying to make $ or something else, the hood is expensive but much less

2. The super snake package is more then the Gt350 so that statement is incorrect. also the Gt500 come with SC hooks up and the GT350 do not, so a blower on a Non SC car will be more

I will concede the first point , but according to Shelby America's website 07-09 Super Snakes start at 29,495 for 630 hp and 33,495 for 750 hp. 2010 SS is 29,495. The GT350 is 33,995. I know you can option these cars and greatly exceed the starting prices but I was comparing the posted prices of the GT350 to that of the Super Snakes and no matter how you look at those prices the GT350 is higher.

Also the point about modifying the non sc car verses the sc car makes sense and it's one I hadn't considered

Dubbs

Let me know the next time you might be in Florida and perhaps we can arrange some shotgun time in my GT500.

Nose heavy, yes.

Hairpin turn and chicane car.........................more than you can possibly imagine. When you fly into Florida make sure you grab a couple of extra motion sickness bags off of the plane. It's a real bugger when I have to pit out for someone to release their lunch.

You have no idea what the GT500 is capable of! I'm busting your stones brother! When dialed in with the right rates of spring, caster, camber, corner weighting and bump steer, these cars, GT500 or GT350 will rock your world.

The GT350............having been shotgun with Shelby American test drivers on the smallest and most grueling road course (LVMS) trust me when I tell you, either one of these cars can push the limit lateral G and hold the line. When the rear yaw is exceeded I've seen plenty of lateral recovery bite and grip.

Shelby American and it's drivers and team can dial in a car and it's suspension.

Rock on! I am really looking forward to these cars coming out and seeing some track time.

Archived