TEAM SHELBY FORUM

It's here!!!! The new GT350 Finally!!

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Good shots of Robert & Sharon I wonder if the shirts the Shelby Staff was wearing will be for sale in The Shelby store ? Hey Robert or Sharon how about donating one to the first T.S member one to ask. Okay can I have one.hysterical.gif

It looked like Amy was wearing a Jacket. She was wearing a Black Top under it.

A bit overkill; don't you think?

Have you seen anycustom Cars lately............. I only saw the name Shelby on the back end of the Car and GT 350 on the sides and the Hood. Yes, you see Shelby on the fluid Caps under the hood but how often do you raise the Hood. They are Shelby built items so yes, they will have Shelby on them, same if you bought Steeda, Roush or Saleen items, they would have those Names on them.

I think the GT350 looks great. If I bought it, I would never trade my GT500KR though. Nevertheless, this car will keep Ford enthusiasts on the map for a long time. And that is necessary with what Chevy is coming out with to compete against what Shelby has already come out with in the past. Keep on Shelby, you're doing a great job.

p.s. try to keep the prices a bit lower though!!

I also thought the GT 350 aniversary shirts they were wearing were nice.

Third that and I could probably afford the shirt, unlike...............well. I liked the car to, after I went to the Moter trend site and could see it.

Mike

A bit overkill; don't you think?

I agree with you on that. GT 350 is all over the car too, IMO the design cues should have been more discreet or more reminiscent of the original. Everyone knows what it is. Put the money into performance instead of badges and stripes.

I'm a Shelby fanatic, but I'm not impressed by this thing right off. If the performance numbers are mind blowing, then I will definitely rethink my stance.

Crap!!!!, I've got too many cars now!!!!, now I want this SOB. Will it never end.

Well I like the gt 350, but it is kind of a wanna-be rousch. I was hoping for a new car instead it looks like a make over. Stock with a blower and a body kit. Kind of regular and not out of the ordinary. I dont know about the supercharging of a new 5.o with the high compression of 11 to 1. There could be a reliability issue. It also probibly has a stock vin number, nothing special and when you trade in you get burned. Svt is not involved and that is good and mostly bad. My Sgt had quality control issues and I hope that it fits better then my old hood scoop. I have a GT500 now and like it a lot. IT seems the quality at svt smokes SAI. I do not know how many they will make but I think the SGT was the GT350. Makes things a lot more confusing. Will there be an automatic or convertable, who knows but I would wait before I jumped on one . THe car just dosnt get my goat, you know what I mean. CS says he will drive every one off the assmebly line and sign it. Though that would be cool. SUDDEN.

I agree with you on that. GT 350 is all over the car too, IMO the design cues should have been more discreet or more reminiscent of the original. Everyone knows what it is. Put the money into performance instead of badges and stripes.

I'm a Shelby fanatic, but I'm not impressed by this thing right off. If the performance numbers are mind blowing, then I will definitely rethink my stance.

Yep, it's here. and priced through the roof. NOT AFFORDABLE!

A good proportion of what I see in the GT350 is just the kind of stuff I would put on a new Mustang GT: power, handling, stopping, useful body modifications ... So what we have is a wet dream for entry-level GT buyers too lazy or too busy to do it themselves. Shelby is again leader in the mod-and-body-kit sweepstakes, aggressive without being either over-the-top or pretentious. Makes it difficult for the Roushes and Saleens to put out something competitive that's desirable without becoming grotesque.

If it matches your image of sexy, and you can afford it, you might as well get one. If it misses the mark in some important way, get one anyway: you'll learn to love it. It's the nature of the beast. Most of us don't have the eye, the talent, or the moxie to put together our ideal, so we pay for someone else's vision, even if it's a near-miss. Of course that's true of just about any strong-image, up-market vehicle.

The week original GT350s reached showrooms, I sat in one. Wanted it badly; Forty-five years later it's the same situation: want it, but it doesn't make sense for me, and I'll wait to see what Fate has in store.

The only reason I can see for a Mustang person to deprecate the new GT350: envy. Envy of those who have what it takes to go for it: good judgment and the money.

Cheers!

Sharon confirmed that similar shirts will be for sale within a couple months. As far as the first member to ask...I asked every employee with one on if they would sell it to me...no luck. Gary Davis said he might auction his...but who knows.

Ken and Stuart- different perspective videos and pics are here on my photobucket:

http://s260.photobucket.com/albums/ii32/warrenfaris/

It was a great time!

Sharon confirmed that similar shirts will be for sale within a couple months. As far as the first member to ask...I asked every employee with one on if they would sell it to me...no luck. Gary Davis said he might auction his...but who knows.

Ken and Stuart- different perspective videos and pics are here on my photobucket:

http://s260.photobuc...32/warrenfaris/

It was a great time!

Awesome pics! Thanks Warren for the link. Man you weren't kidding about the women at that event either. ;)

So I've heard that this little beauty comes equipped with Koni coil-overs and this pic seems to confirm that (unless I'm missing something, but I don't see a strut sticking out of that tower). I also see some caster plates. Did they mention anything else specific about the suspension upgrades?

IMAG0380.jpg

Archived