TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Ultra Performance Summer Tires

Ok, I'll start off with admitting I'm not the sharpest pencil in the box!!! But my car is driven year round except when snow falls. So, I be cruising around in this nice freezing temps. I said damn my car is loving this cold air smoking the tires at a nice roll doing hole shots up to 3rd gear. Then, I almost wiped out going around a turn that wasn"t hairy driving normal speed so I shoot up to New Paltz hit the turns and the car is butt out like in the drifting races. I head home and pull up the tires on Tirerack and its say's not to drive these tires in freezing conditions!!!! So, I guess doing over a hundred would have been a disaster . :confused: I guess ultra high performance all season tires would have been a better choice.

Tire rack has low prices on Contiental extreme all season DWS !! I priced out for rear 20x10 315/35/ 20 for 230.00 each and front starting at 142.00.

My first replacement tires will be these

Michelin

I didn't check to see if they are in your size.

I had them on my M3 great tires!! But, I'm going with Continental extreme contact DWS half the price of Michelin and great reviews. I had these tires on one of my unmarked police cars. I never had any problem in any weather with them and no wear problems. Check them out.

Racer,

I went w/ the DWS Extremes back in September and I absolutly love them!! Super smooth ride and they are "sticky". Here is the thread w/ pics. Craig :happy feet:

http://www.teamshelby.com/forums/index.php?/topic/47548-new-tires/page__view__findpost__p__789619__hl__Conntinental Tires__fromsearch__1

I spoke with tirerack.com and they also agree that the tires rating is excellent for all year performance and great with snow. I have no problems with my kumho's they are great summer tires. Once they heat up its glued to the pavement even with traction control off and the line lock on. The new clutch still slips before the tires break free, I let the service manager try a burn out and he could not believe how hard it was to break them loose. But do to the wife only letting me use her truck when the baby take her 1230pm nap is frustrating. I got caught in a small snow flurry and I spun out on a turn going 15mphs so screw that stress its bad enough I see everything blurry :confused: (joking) I trust tireracks.com opinion of course they have never steered me wrong and always beat everyone else price. I told the wife new tires or New SUV do the math!!!

Archived