TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Mechanical Mistresses

thewheelman

Ok, it's too cold to drive, clean, polish, wax, tinker with and play with the GT 500, so I ran across some old photos of my former Mechanical Mistresses....I loved everyone of them....deeply (at the time). Had some spare time on my hands and thought I'd scan and share!

Enjoy!

http://picasaweb.google.com/HalFaulkner2356/MyAutomotiveHistory#

• 2 weeks later...

Cool....I noticed the MGC....my husband owned a MGC/GT fixed head in red when we got married. We belonged to the MGC Registry and I believe they called the cars the "brutal aggressives". We drove that car all over the US as we changed duty stations. It brings back fond memories :dance:

Cool....I noticed the MGC....my husband owned a MGC/GT fixed head in red when we got married. We belonged to the MGC Registry and I believe they called the cars the "brutal aggressives". We drove that car all over the US as we changed duty stations. It brings back fond memories dance.gif

Thanks for the reply! Most people scoff when I say I drove an MG daily. I drove the C every day for 9 years....now, some days I had to swap the #5 plug for the #1 plug as it oil fouled occasionally, but I still drove it every day...... Loved that car!

Thanks for the reply! Most people scoff when I say I drove an MG daily. I drove the C every day for 9 years....now, some days I had to swap the #5 plug for the #1 plug as it oil fouled occasionally, but I still drove it every day...... Loved that car!

I had a MGA 1600. I keep thinking it was a '62...maybe a '60?

I eventually put a rod through the block and literally split the block in half. Sold it to a wrecking yard for 50 bucks! Body was primo but in primer. Interior was the typical leather rip-n-tear but man, what a car to have at 16 years old.

Mine had a top. Not MUCH of a top, but some of it was there. It was the perfect "Holloween" car because we could throw eggs out of it on the fly! LOL

Man, to be young again....

Phill

I owned a 1973 Jensen-Healey for three years in College... great little car.... adjusting the valves was a PITA....but a fun project in my apartment complex parking lot!!!!! Looking at your pix takes me down memory lane... I've owned....

1968 Galaxy 500 Fastback

1970 Mustang Coupe

1973 Cougar

1977 Mercury Marquis

1970 Mustang Convertible

1975 Pontiac LeMans

1981 Monte Carlo

1973 Jensen-Healey

1985 Mustang GT convertible

1969 TR6

1968 Cadillac DeVille convertible

1966 Lincoln Continental Convertible

1977 TR7

1969 Mach 1 (still own, now for 16 years)

1996 Dodge Viper (stilll own for 8 years)

1992 Limited Edition LX Mustang Convertible (vibrant red)

1996 SVT Mystic Cobra

1988 Saleen Convertible

1969 Ford XL Convertible

1991 Jeep Grand Wagoneer (a CLASSIC WOODY SUV)

1988 Jaguar XJS coupe

1989 Jaquar XJS convertible

I wish I could have kept each one...miss them all!!!

Ok, it's too cold to drive, clean, polish, wax, tinker with and play with the GT 500, so I ran across some old photos of my former Mechanical Mistresses....I loved everyone of them....deeply (at the time). Had some spare time on my hands and thought I'd scan and share!

Enjoy!

http://picasaweb.goo...omotiveHistory#

So I guess you really are a vert man! ;)

So I guess you really are a vert man! wink.gif

Yep, the '59 MGA was my first car at 16 and I've never been without one. There was a period of time when the need for a work truck took over and I sold the Sebring, but I had one or both of the boys cars in my garage while they were in college and drove them when I wanted. So, yeah, I'm a vert man and always will be!

Archived