TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Shelby GT in the shop!

OK, the latest is...

The dealer took deliver of the 2nd order of Cats (apparently now they are replacing both of them), however....

the Mustang GT cats apparently are not correct - the Shelby GT cats are different. I would not have thought this as I had believed that the Ford Racing exhaust installed by SAI was "cat back" - apparently not!

In any even they are now pursuing the correct cats.

Ouch! I know this is not what you wanted to hear Bob. I hope they can get you moving soon. Craig :banghead:

…………………..„-~”:::::::::::::::::::::::::”~,………………………………………….

……………….„~”\,:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::”-,………………………………….......

…………….../;;;;;;|:::::::::::::\:::::::::::::::/::::::\……………………………............

……………..|;;;;;;;/:::::::””~~-\:::::::::::::/-~~”::\……………………………...........

……………./”~,;;/:::::::/¯¯¯¯¯’\:::::::::::/’¯¯¯¯’\…………………………………….

…………….\ º: ¯::::::::\ . . • . ,/:::::::::::::\ „ . • . ,/……………………………….......

……………/’::::::::::::::::”~~~”:::::/””~::::’\”~~”::’\,………………………………….

………….../:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::’\,__„„/’::::::::::’\….............................................

…………..|:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::„----„_„---,:::::::::::\………………………...........

…………..|:::::::::::::::::::::::::::„~"----„__„„-“::::::::::::|…"THIS MY ANGRY FACE!"……

…………..|::::::::::::::::::::::::::/’;;;;;;;;;/::::::::::::::::::|………………………….......

………..„~”\:::::::::::::::::::::::::\__;;;;;;\--„::::::::::::::/…………………………........

……..,-“;:;\ .\,::::::::::::::::::::::::’\„_¯¯¯„-“:::::::::::::/………………………….........

….„~”;:\;:;:;\, .”~„::::::::::::::::::::::::¯¯¯:::::::::::::,-“;\………………………...........

.,~”;:;:;:;\;:;:;:”-, . ”~--„:::::::::::::~--„„___„„~“::::„-‘ . |;:'\”~-„…………………………

“;:;:;:;:;:;:\;:;:;:;:;”-, . . .”~~---„„„„_______„„„--~” . ./ |;:;:’\;:;”-,……………………...

;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;\____;:;”-, ~-„ . . . . . . . . /;;;;;’\, . . .,/ . |;:,~”;:;:;”-,……………..........

;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;/;:;:;:;”~, “~-„_ . . . /„;;;;;;;/”-„~” . . |;:;”~„;:;:;:;’\……………….....

;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:/;:;:;:;:;:;:”~„ . .¯”~-’ . “~,;;;’\ . . . . .|;:;:;:;|;:;:;:;:;’\…………….....

;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;”~--„;:;:;:;:;:”~„ . . . . . .|;;;;;;’\ . . . |;:;:;:;/;:;:”~,;:;:\………………

;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:”~--„;:;:;:;:”~„ . . . |;;;;;;;;’\, . .|;:;:;:/;:;:;:;:;’\;:;:\………........

;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:”~-„;:;:;:”~„ .|;;;;;;;;;;;”~,|;:;:;/;:;:;:;:;:;:\;:;:\……………

;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:|;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:”~-„;:;:”~„;;;;;;;;;;;;/;:;,/’;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;\;:;:\…...........

;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:|,/;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:”~-„;”~„;;;;;;/;:,/;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;\;:;:'\……......

;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:/;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;”~-„’\,;/ ,/;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:\;:;:|…........

;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;|;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:¯\„/;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;|;:;:|……….

;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;|;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;|;:o;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:::;:|;:;:|...........

;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;|;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;|;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:|;:;:|……….

;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;|;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;|;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:|;:;:|……….

_;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;|;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;|;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:|;:;:|...........

;:;¯””~~--„„_|_;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:|;:;o;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;|-~/…….....

;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:¯””~~----„„„__;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;|;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;|~“…………

„_:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;¯¯”""”~~~~------„„„„„__|_;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;|……………

;:;¯¯¯””””~~~---„„„__:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;¯¯¯””””~~~~~----|…………...

Good news! The car is done. I'm picking it up today. Best thing is that weather conditions have been good all week so it should be a nice drive!

Turned out that the cat was the right one after all. They worked w/ Ford Racing folks who advised that the hanger had to modified slightly but otherwise its the same cat as the GT.

I'll see what more I can find out about all this before I sign and accept.

The difference is Shelby cuts off the h-pipe and installs a Ford Racing X-pipe in it's place. The cats are attached and come together. I don't know how they could replace just one without a lot of cutting and welding. You had better check and see for yourself what they gave you. I had a Magnaflow catted X-pipe on my last car and it gave it a few more horses and a deeper tone.

Here's a pic of the stock set-up.

DSC00330.jpg

Archived