TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Shelby GT in the shop!

Took my SGT to my dealer today. The check engine light came on a few weeks ago. It's a steady, not a flashing light. According to the manual, if the light is flashing it should not be driven. It does seem that the engine is sometimes down on power and slightly rough, as if only running on 7 cylinders maybe.

My car basically hardly ever gets driven anyway :hysterical: It was also due for an oil / filter change (I have to go by months, not mileage).

So, we'll see what happens. I'm waiting to hear from the dealer, and I'll let ya'll know.

I my car to show me that error code too. Then my wife might believe me when I tell her that I need a SUPER CHARGER. :hysterical:

Aw, ya beat me to that comment!

Jer

I think I like this new "plan".... DAMN honey, my engine is (soon to be) blown! It's going to cost $6k to make it run "right" now! Too bad it's not still under warranty!

i think skipping those 3 insignificant words wouldn't constitute a "lie"....

I think I like this new "plan".... DAMN honey, my engine is (soon to be) blown! It's going to cost $6k to make it run "right" now! Too bad it's not still under warranty!

i think skipping those 3 insignificant words wouldn't constitute a "lie"....

So you got a white lie that would net me one of the GTH's SAI is selling?hysterical.gif

My wife didn't find out about the supercharger until it was at the shop being installed. I ordered it had it delivered to my office. My original plan was to have the supercharger installed while she was on a trip with her sister and parents. I got impatient and sent the car off early for the install. One night we were sitting on the couch I was half asleep when she asked where the SGT was. My mind raced to come up with a good story, not wanting to lie I told her it was getting supercharged. She asked how much ...... that didn't go well as I had just told her we could not go to Mexico with her sister and some other friends because we could not afford it. Needless to say it got very cold in the house that night. When I finally got the nerve to go to bed I went to our room only to find that our 13 year old lab was laying in the bed where I sleep. Ouch oh well the couch would have to do. After a few days she calmed down and now she is cool with it. I have used up my "better to ask for forgiveness than to ask for permission" tickets.

I bought the car with out asking her about it. I just showed up with it one day. She still love me. I am a lucky man.... to still be alive. :dance:

This check engine light sure has gone off topic.... sorry about that!

I'm in you're boat Todd... Just came home with the car (not the first time though, she's used to it I think!) And will likely just buy the turbo or SC whenever the timing is right too... I do try to avoid putting prices to the things I want and buy though, seems simpler without that info!

At the end of the day, I just climb into bed though, if she's that pissed she can sleep on the couch!

I'm in you're boat Todd... Just came home with the car (not the first time though, she's used to it I think!) And will likely just buy the turbo or SC whenever the timing is right too... I do try to avoid putting prices to the things I want and buy though, seems simpler without that info!

At the end of the day, I just climb into bed though, if she's that pissed she can sleep on the couch!

Amen my brother, Amen. :shades:

Amen my brother, Amen.

+100

It's probably the error code that there's no supercharger yet :)

:hysterical: I always have that code! But this was a different code!

Turns out that I have a bad cat!

Fortunately, it will be fixed under warranty. I still want to find out why the cat went bad exactly.

The new cat will be delivered to the shop on Monday, so I suppose it will be done Tuesday. Figures...the roads were clean when I took it in, and now snow is in the forecast.... :headscratch:

One of my buddies suggested that I replace both cars, with hi-flow cats. I can't afford to do that .... but.... does anyone know how much if any a difference in HP / Torque that mod alone would make?

Bob, do they have emissions testing in CT, if not just remove them all together.

Chris

Edit: Beware. It will be crazy loud and raspy

They do...although...I haven't been notified about it since moving here over 5 years ago... :headscratch:

There is a GREAT post by Mac/Lulu on this cat, no cat, etc., topic where he explains the different mods he made and the results he saw. If you use the advance search for his SN and maybe "cats" you might find it.

Ah, thank you Jeff - I knew there was something written up in the past, so I'll keep searching. I tried just "cats" but so far no luck...

OK, the latest is...

The dealer took deliver of the 2nd order of Cats (apparently now they are replacing both of them), however....

the Mustang GT cats apparently are not correct - the Shelby GT cats are different. I would not have thought this as I had believed that the Ford Racing exhaust installed by SAI was "cat back" - apparently not!

In any even they are now pursuing the correct cats.

Archived