TEAM SHELBY FORUM

New KR Rims

KKhanlian

Fellow Shelby Members

I happened across an unusual situation that I wanted to share. There is an individual in NY who is selling the KR rims and tires (apparently removed when new) from his Dad's car. Sadly, I am told his Dad passed away but had switched out the rims when the car was new. The son is making room in the garage and understands the importance of the rims but does not wish to keep them. He's looking for the best price he can get. for the set. Hearing the story I would prefer that the rims went to another KR owner if possible so figured I post here for the young guy.

I don't know the fellow personally but will facilitate the transaction for any Shelby member who may be interested. You may email me personally at kkhanlian@amilink.com or PM me with your best offer and contact info. Email is better. I don't have any other inforrmation so at this point I just need best offers and contact info. If our best group offer is accepted I'll inspect the wheels personally and arrange packing and shipping as I'm not sure the young guy would take the proper care since I can't believe he's actually selling the rims to begin with

Best

Keith

There was a guy selling new KR rims and tires on EBay last summer with the same exact story -- his father had just bought the car and then died, and the son was changing out the rims and tires. As I recall, the bidding went over $3K. If you do not know this guy personally, you might want to try to verify the story.

Fellow Shelby Members

I happened across an unusual situation that I wanted to share. There is an individual in NY who is selling the KR rims and tires (apparently removed when new) from his Dad's car. Sadly, I am told his Dad passed away but had switched out the rims when the car was new. The son is making room in the garage and understands the importance of the rims but does not wish to keep them. He's looking for the best price he can get. for the set. Hearing the story I would prefer that the rims went to another KR owner if possible so figured I post here for the young guy.

I don't know the fellow personally but will facilitate the transaction for any Shelby member who may be interested. You may email me personally at kkhanlian@amilink.com or PM me with your best offer and contact info. Email is better. I don't have any other inforrmation so at this point I just need best offers and contact info. If our best group offer is accepted I'll inspect the wheels personally and arrange packing and shipping as I'm not sure the young guy would take the proper care since I can't believe he's actually selling the rims to begin with

Best

Keith

From the responses looks like this fellow had previously offered these around some time ago. He just put them on Ebay. If someone wins hope its a TS member at least

Here's the link http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/New-2008-KR-RIMS-AND-TIRES-LOOK_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQhashZitem3ca94a6461QQitemZ260538262625QQptZMotorsQ5fCarQ5fTruckQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories

Have a nice weekend everyone

Best

Keith

There was a guy selling new KR rims and tires on EBay last summer with the same exact story -- his father had just bought the car and then died, and the son was changing out the rims and tires. As I recall, the bidding went over $3K. If you do not know this guy personally, you might want to try to verify the story.

I was the guy with the high winning bid on these wheels/tires that were listed on e-bay last time, I had the winning bid and when i contacted him before the end of the bidding i convinced him to keep them with the car or put them back on and sell the non oem set. So i let him drop the listing after i won and he canceled my purchase(I cant remember the exact $$ was around $3k)

He at that time was going to keep them and store them for the future because he didnt really need the money, I have been in contact with Keith and will see if i can buy them for real this time!

I wish i had kept all the correspondence we had back and forth but i deleted it because i thought i had talked him into keeping them!

Wish me luck i have the same offer on the table as i would really like a spare set for my KR!

The last time there was a KR set listed on team shelby i was also supposed to get them but never heard back from the gentleman, was waiting on the guy to get his set of 20inch shelby rims and then he was to let me know but never heard back from him! If they are still available pm me!

US $3,050.00, Reserve not met

Yeah, I've been watching.

He had them sold at $3K before and now he knows they're worth more.

He'll get a better price for the wheels/tires but he is absolutely ruining the value of the car. My guess is, the car will lose more value than he'll get from the wheels.

What a shame....

A purist at heart,

Phill Pollard

Yeah, I've been watching.

He had them sold at $3K before and now he knows they're worth more.

He'll get a better price for the wheels/tires but he is absolutely ruining the value of the car. My guess is, the car will lose more value than he'll get from the wheels.

What a shame....

A purist at heart,

Phill Pollard

I again have the wheels bought(he pulled the listing)

His car is for sale also and i will be listing it for him later! silver/blue KR with 3500 or so miles, he is asking $58k for it, he will be sending me the info later tonite with the rest of the details!

He tells me he is selling it because he is getting married and his future wife is making him sell the KR and a Porsche turbo car so that he can concentrate on their future!

contact me if you are interested in the car! and i can give contact info thanks Jon

Poor excuse for selling a KR. I would say, if you don't like me with this car, move on. I know what's going to happen here. He's going to sell his cars to pay for the wedding that she wants :hysterical: hehehe

I know what's going to happen here. He's going to sell his cars to pay for the wedding that she wants :hysterical: hehehe

More likely, the divorce after he figures out he liked the car more than her.

Phill

I again have the wheels bought(he pulled the listing)

His car is for sale also and i will be listing it for him later! silver/blue KR with 3500 or so miles, he is asking $58k for it, he will be sending me the info later tonite with the rest of the details!

He tells me he is selling it because he is getting married and his future wife is making him sell the KR and a Porsche turbo car so that he can concentrate on their future!

contact me if you are interested in the car! and i can give contact info thanks Jon

I hope you let him know that $58k was too high for a KR without its wheels. I paid less than that for a new KR with Nav from the dealer (and no miles on it and never titled) and it had the correct wheels. I think a fair price for it with 3,500 miles and incorrect wheels would be about $52K.

Archived