TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Interview With Team Mustang's Jim Owen

Guest staff2

PJ: Basically what you see in the videos is what we were told. There wasn't any "insider" info or secret sharing whatsoever. They did NOT tell us anything as far as pricing specifics.

Coldwater: Nothing was mentioned about a shortage of any kind (but then again, we never asked a question of that nature). Is this the latest from the rumor mill? I omly ask because this is the first I've heard of anything regarding a tranny shortage.

PJ: Basically what you see in the videos is what we were told. There wasn't any "insider" info or secret sharing whatsoever. They did NOT tell us anything as far as pricing specifics.

Coldwater: Nothing was mentioned about a shortage of any kind (but then again, we never asked a question of that nature). Is this the latest from the rumor mill? I omly ask because this is the first I've heard of anything regarding a tranny shortage.

Ok, thank you.

I heard this on another website message board :boring: ...didn't know if it was fact or rumor? :shrug:

I heard this on another website message board :boring: ...didn't know if it was fact or rumor? :shrug:

I had heard the same thing. I read that Ford was having difficulty getting 6 speed transmissions which was going to cause them to limit production to about 7500. Ford is also in the process of an aggressive plan to move a portion of vehicle production to China which is causing them to decrease vehicle production across the board (not sure if this may be a contributing factor as well). Regardless it doesn’t make sense that any company looking to generate revenue would want to significantly under produce a highly desired product unless something was tying their hands (that’s finance 101). :wacko:

Paragraph 5 HERE

Thanks for the info! This is seriously the first I've heard of the shortage. Forgive me for sounding like a dumb ass, but if you had to compare this tranny to something, would it be closer to a Tremec or a Richmond in terms of design? I don't know much about the nitty-gritty specs, and I only ask because when I ordered my Tremec, it took forever and a day for me to receive it. :headscratch:

Well, I admit I'm a little slow in that up until a few days ago I thought I had to deal with SVT dealers to get a Shelby, so now I've been calling every Ford dealer in the west trying to get on a waiting list, etc. But ultimately little has changed. The real small dealers aren't sure they will get even one Shelby, but nevertheless most have lists of at least 15. The Casper, Wy sales manager, who was particularily unpleasant, told me he wouldn't put my name on his list (I would have been #14) because I wasn't a local customer. The Brighton, CO Ford dealer has their Shelby order on E-Bay and at this time the high bid is 54K.

It tears me up that I've waited so long for this car and now have no hope of buying one; I doubt if things will improve by the summer of 2007, let alone this summer. Ford, it would appear, could care less.

Well, I admit I'm a little slow in that up until a few days ago I thought I had to deal with SVT dealers to get a Shelby, so now I've been calling every Ford dealer in the west trying to get on a waiting list, etc. But ultimately little has changed. The real small dealers aren't sure they will get even one Shelby, but nevertheless most have lists of at least 15. The Casper, Wy sales manager, who was particularily unpleasant, told me he wouldn't put my name on his list (I would have been #14) because I wasn't a local customer. The Brighton, CO Ford dealer has their Shelby order on E-Bay and at this time the high bid is 54K.

It tears me up that I've waited so long for this car and now have no hope of buying one; I doubt if things will improve by the summer of 2007, let alone this summer. Ford, it would appear, could care less.

CC,

You can always get on the list at O'Meara up in Northglenn, CO. They are going to do a lottery for their first two Shelbys. Of course they're going to be charging at least $20K or $30K over MSRP. Insanity!!!

Archived