TEAM SHELBY FORUM

The Haiti tragedy.

Agreed.........I just read where they are raising hell that the Aid is not getting there fast enough. I do feel sorry for them though.

They have a habit that the powerful steal the aid. I hope to hell that does not happen here

Hard times are even getting harder....

A well known police officer from Nova Scotia was killed down there...The military

should go down there so that the needy get the aid they need and not some greedy

lowdown scum bag gang of some kind...Canada has sent two war ships down

with medical supplies food and man power...God bless those poor people.

Haiti does not need Money...........what do they need Money for, there is nothing there to Buy. What they need is Food, Water, and Helping Hands. They need to rebuild and do so correctly. They need to be taught how to Build a Building and a Home the right way. How to do plumbing, electrical, etc. Money can't do that, people can. You can give them 100 Billion Dollars but, what do they have over there to buy with it? Instead of sending Money, use that Money to buy sacks of Concrete, Rebar, Lumber, Nails, Hammers, Levels, etc.......and send it over there. The Army Corp of Engineers are (or will be) there, they can teach them how to Rebuild correctly. Don't do it for them, help THEM do it themselves. I am just tired of all of the Commercials and local Businesses asking for Money to send over there................. they need to be asking for Materials to Rebuild and for Food & Water, not Money. They dont have those things over there to buy, so most likely, the Money will be going into the wrong pockets.

OK, Rant over.

I am sure ALL that money that has been donated will never see what it was given for. Like many on here have said they do not need Money.As usuall when large sums of money is being donated corruption is just around the corner. With ALL the food and water that has been donated that is what needs to be choppered in to these areas that need the food and water. It is a terrible thing that has happened over there.R thoughts and prayers will be with them and that the food and water gets to where it is needed.

Haiti does not need Money...........what do they need Money for, there is nothing there to Buy. What they need is Food, Water, and Helping Hands. They need to rebuild and do so correctly. They need to be taught how to Build a Building and a Home the right way. How to do plumbing, electrical, etc. Money can't do that, people can. You can give them 100 Billion Dollars but, what do they have over there to buy with it? Instead of sending Money, use that Money to buy sacks of Concrete, Rebar, Lumber, Nails, Hammers, Levels, etc.......and send it over there. The Army Corp of Engineers are (or will be) there, they can teach them how to Rebuild correctly. Don't do it for them, help THEM do it themselves. I am just tired of all of the Commercials and local Businesses asking for Money to send over there................. they need to be asking for Materials to Rebuild and for Food & Water, not Money. They dont have those things over there to buy, so most likely, the Money will be going into the wrong pockets.

OK, Rant over.

I am sure ALL that money that has been donated will never see what it was given for. Like many on here have said they do not need Money.As usuall when large sums of money is being donated corruption is just around the corner. With ALL the food and water that has been donated that is what needs to be choppered in to these areas that need the food and water. It is a terrible thing that has happened over there.R thoughts and prayers will be with them and that the food and water gets to where it is needed.

A very valid point both of you have.For reasons mentioned above I have donated money via my church where they actually buy the supplies and has connections/ties with the rest of the other Catholic churches in where it is transported to the Dominican Republic and Santo Domingo to be distributed to the needy in Haiti. I know the Red Cross is collecting money also but I just feel a little better that the church is handling my donation. It is now estimated that the death toll is 100,000+- just sad.

Thanks. R church is not doing a donation drive. I will find a church that is and donate. I was watching the news tonight and they where showing a Big loader going down a street picking up bodys and putting them in a massive grave. seeing it on TV is nothing like being there and getting the full effect of the damage and smell of the dead bodys that R all around town. It is very sad and I will be praying and will donate. God bless

OK, Rant over.

The Red Cross will not give money to the people of Haiti, David - they're providing emergency supplies badly needed. Please inform yourself. :finger:

While reading this article, all I could think about is those Mass Graves................ I hope they Find the Americans and are able to send them Home...... I would hate to be a parent and find out that my Kid was put in the mass Grave.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20100121/ap_on_re_us/us_haiti_missing_americans

While reading this article, all I could think about is those Mass Graves................ I hope they Find the Americans and are able to send them Home...... I would hate to be a parent and find out that my Kid was put in the mass Grave.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20100121/ap_on_re_us/us_haiti_missing_americans

Very true Tes...Damn what more do those people have to endure.

There was a sad story. One Dutch couple could not conceive kids and they were in the adoption program for 8 yrs and finally last spring they heard they could get two orphan kids from Haiti. A miracle happened as she got pregnant after 15 years of trying. A baby was born not long ago and two weeks ago they left for Haiti to make their family complete. They enjoyed their adoption kids for 1,5 day. They were found with their arms around the two children under the remnants of a hotel. Now their only child is an orphan.

There was a sad story. One Dutch couple could not conceive kids and they were in the adoption program for 8 yrs and finally last spring they heard they could get two orphan kids from Haiti. A miracle happened as she got pregnant after 15 years of trying. A baby was born not long ago and two weeks ago they left for Haiti to make their family complete. They enjoyed their adoption kids for 1,5 day. They were found with their arms around the two children under the remnants of a hotel. Now their only child is an orphan.

Sad indeed.

A well known police officer from Nova Scotia was killed down there...The military

should go down there so that the needy get the aid they need and not some greedy

lowdown scum bag gang of some kind...Canada has sent two war ships down

with medical supplies food and man power...God bless those poor people.

Sorry to hear about that officer...My prayers go out to his loved ones....Alot of officers from Montreal left for Haiti....I would of went, but, I have a family here to take care of.....

God bless everyone...

Archived