TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Looking for a GTH

Stangirl

I am brand new to the Team Shelby site and are looking for some guidance in buying a GTH Coupe. The car appars to be in good shape with just over 43k miles...they are asking $29.5k. Is this reasonable? The car can be seen at http://www.performanceautosport.com/detail.asp?car=6206.

I am looking to enjoy the car on weekends, attend local shows, etc.

Looking at the pictures, it is missing the strut brace and the lanyards for the pins are not attached. The Sirus radio seeems to be intact but I did not see the dash mounted antena. I know mine is under the dash so this is not necessarily a bad thing. The question to ask is why is the strut brace gone?

I would also check to see if the original owner got any paper work from HERTZ and registred it with SAI. If so, you will need to try to get this if you buy it. If not, you should be able to register it with SAI and get the paper work and contact HERTZ yourself. Info is on this forum.

Others on this site may have other recomendations

I would haggle the price. Seems a bit high based on miles. Just my thoughts. Good luck

Agree, over all looks to be in pretty good condition. Would certainly be concerned with the strut tower brace being gone. They also added gold stripes to the lower part of the front bumper. I'd make sure to look for any front end damage. I agree, try to haggle down the price for the miles.

I like the low number -- 06H014. It looks like it is in pretty good shape for the mileage, but you would need to look it over carefully. Compared to what the 07 GT-H convertibles have been going for, the price seems a bit high for the mileage.

In addition to what has already been mentioned, the over the top stripes have been completely replaced. Probably a good thing, since many GT-H's stripes did not survive rental life very well. There are a couple of issues with them that may or may not matter to you. They are a couple shades darker than the original stripes, they should not be on the lower valance as Jeff mentions, and they come in too far around the license plate area in the back. The stripes can be remove from the lower valance and the license plate area is minor. The color variance might bother you since the side stripes are still the original. In direct sunlight, like at a car show, it will be quite noticable. (attached picture) The only other thing I noticed in the pictures is that the lower valance is scraped up, but I think it is impossible to find a GT-H without scrapes in this area.

post-3252-126344258253_thumb.jpg

post-3252-126344258253_thumb.jpg

Stangirl,

I see that you are in NJ. Are you anywhere near Millville? If you like Mustangs and racing, you should plan to go to the New Jersey Motorsports Park the weekend of July 16-18. The Mustang Challenge Series, the Grand-Am Rolex Series, and the Continental Tire Sports Car Series will all be there racing that weekend. Many Mustangs to see there racing.

I like the low number -- 06H014. It looks like it is in pretty good shape for the mileage, but you would need to look it over carefully. Compared to what the 07 GT-H convertibles have been going for, the price seems a bit high for the mileage.

In addition to what has already been mentioned, the over the top stripes have been completely replaced. Probably a good thing, since many GT-H's stripes did not survive rental life very well. There are a couple of issues with them that may or may not matter to you. They are a couple shades darker than the original stripes, they should not be on the lower valance as Jeff mentions, and they come in too far around the license plate area in the back. The stripes can be remove from the lower valance and the license plate area is minor. The color variance might bother you since the side stripes are still the original. In direct sunlight, like at a car show, it will be quite noticable. (attached picture) The only other thing I noticed in the pictures is that the lower valance is scraped up, but I think it is impossible to find a GT-H without scrapes in this area.

I thoght someone on this forum with a GT-H put the stripes on the lower valance. Maybe a search will determine this to be the same car.

• 4 weeks later...

Look at the CSM plate under the hood. Appears to possibly have been drilled out and riveted back in again as right rivet is off-center and plate appears scratched...

Is that protective tape over the CSM plate or a border around the plate from masking ?

Is the tamper-proof wire present? I can't tell

Look at the CSM plate under the hood. Appears to possibly have been drilled out and riveted back in again as right rivet is off-center and plate appears scratched...

Is that protective tape over the CSM plate or a border around the plate from masking ?

Is the tamper-proof wire present? I can't tell

Ask for a Carfax report, Tamper wire does appear to be missing, floor mats have been replaced, ask to see it on up a hoist if possible and the CSM plate bothers me as well but the Carfax may answer alot of those questions. Spend the money to check for liens and salvage or write off possibilities.

Just my 2 cents

I thoght someone on this forum with a GT-H put the stripes on the lower valance. Maybe a search will determine this to be the same car.

I put the stripes on the lower valance on 286. Granted, not original, but definitely (IMHO) enhances the look of the car. Vinyl, so they can be removed any time.......

post-10784-126577200821_thumb.jpg

post-10784-126577200821_thumb.jpg

I know where 06H388 is with 12k miles. Dealer bought at auction from Hertz awhile ago! I'm talking it's been at this dealer for 2.5+ years now due to greed.

Stripes need replaced (racing and side) some minor scratches here and there (nothing major). They left the paperwork from the auction in the glove box, so I know what they paid at auction.

P.M. me if you want more info.

I am brand new to the Team Shelby site and are looking for some guidance in buying a GTH Coupe. The car appars to be in good shape with just over 43k miles...they are asking $29.5k. Is this reasonable? The car can be seen at http://www.performanceautosport.com/detail.asp?car=6206.

I am looking to enjoy the car on weekends, attend local shows, etc.

Stangirl, did you buy this car? A car with such a very low Shelby number is very good. The mileage may be a little high but if the car is in otherwise good condition, it's worth making a lesser offer. Invest in a CarFax report to determine how many owners. Don't forget, that if you are the FIRST RETAIL owner you get some really nice FREE items from Shelby American, metal dash plate with the car number, 40 anniversary metal plate for rear trunk, certificate with your name on it, and a key chain with the car number. All you have to do is register the car with Team Shelby at the "Registar your Car" link. regards, Larry

to have one of these beutiful cars is truely a dream. unless u have #1 or #500 everything else is just in between. to have one that is all there is more important. just putting my opinion out there as well. this car seems to have to many red flags. good luck :happy feet:

Archived