TEAM SHELBY FORUM

1985 Shelby Charger

Good Evening.......This is my 1st post. Since we're speaking of firsts, my very 1st brand new caw was a 1985 Dodge Shelby Charger....Garnet Red Pearl Coat w/ Raidiant Silver Crystal Coat. I drove that car from May of '85 till January of '90. I traded it for a '90 Pontiac Formula 350......Wish i'd never of done that. I only had the Poncho for 6 months before I traded it for a brand new '89 Lebaron GTC. I would consider another Shelby......if I could find one. I have located an '86 Shelby Charger at a local ( now closed ) Dodge dealer. Black / Silver.....w/only 8,000 miles on the clock. Owned by the the actor Ken Walls ( '80s tv star ) He's from the area that I live in. What's it's value.......I paid $10,124.00 for my '85. Any thoughts

Geffen

Good Evening.......This is my 1st post. Since we're speaking of firsts, my very 1st brand new caw was a 1985 Dodge Shelby Charger....Garnet Red Pearl Coat w/ Raidiant Silver Crystal Coat. I drove that car from May of '85 till January of '90. I traded it for a '90 Pontiac Formula 350......Wish i'd never of done that. I only had the Poncho for 6 months before I traded it for a brand new '89 Lebaron GTC. I would consider another Shelby......if I could find one. I have located an '86 Shelby Charger at a local ( now closed ) Dodge dealer. Black / Silver.....w/only 8,000 miles on the clock. Owned by the the actor Ken Walls ( '80s tv star ) He's from the area that I live in. What's it's value.......I paid $10,124.00 for my '85. Any thoughts

Geffen

Hi Geffen, Welcome to the forum. Geez, an '86 Shelby Charger Turbo wih 8k miles is hard to come by. Having said that, there isn't many to compare price with. It depends on how bad you want it and one with that low of miles. I look at a purchase like that as what its worth to me and what I can afford. I paid a premium for my low mileage Shelby Dakota about 10 years ago, but i wanted it for me and not to resell and get my money out of it.. I have an 86 Shelby Charger since high school and I love it and will never part with it. It is a FUN car, nimble and quick like a go cart.

Hi Geffen, Welcome to the forum. Geez, an '86 Shelby Charger Turbo wih 8k miles is hard to come by. Having said that, there isn't many to compare price with. It depends on how bad you want it and one with that low of miles. I look at a purchase like that as what its worth to me and what I can afford. I paid a premium for my low mileage Shelby Dakota about 10 years ago, but i wanted it for me and not to resell and get my money out of it.. I have an 86 Shelby Charger since high school and I love it and will never part with it. It is a FUN car, nimble and quick like a go cart.

Thread Hi-Jack Alert

Seems we missed a certain someone at this years bash. You do know it was the year of the L body, right?

Maybe Mopars at the strip?

Steve

Archived