TEAM SHELBY FORUM

TSB

Perimeter

Ok. i took my 2007 GT500 around a week before Christmas to get the TSB done on my car. They supposedly fixed it no problems and i got it back and felt brand new. Take this my GT500 is a DD and i drive it everyday. Just recently my gear start to how can i say it not grind hard but knock a few times as i'm shifting from 1-2 and when i go to 2-3 only when its cold. I'm also having a hissing problem while the clutch is fully pressed down. (like i was having before)

Now here's the kicker. My Warranty ran out January 5,2010. What do i do? I have done a 2 short burnouts (not shifting into second) since i got it back but not anything crazy. I really don't feel like taking back to the dealership and them shoving it into my face saying its my fault.

Now my question to you'll; What do i do? Should i take it to the dealer again and get them to check it out??? Does the dealer come with a warranty since they did work on it? or should i take my losses and but a monster clutch in it cry.gif. (My clutch hasn't really been showing symptoms of slipping)

You should take it back to the dealer ASAP and have them look at it. I bet they will fix it for you. It's been such a short time since you had the first repair that it does not make since that it would not last.

No matter how hard i ran it?

You said you did 2 burn outs and did not even shift into 2nd gear with the burn out. That's not hard on it. Don't even mention that.

If you had rubber from your rear wheels splatted all over your back fender wells....they would frown on that and tell you your SOL.

well its a DD and i get on it maybe once or twice everyday. just making sure they cant pull out the clutch and say WTF you censored.gif it up. plus i clean my fender wells when i clean my car drool.gif

I have a friend that went into the dealership for his 3rd clutch. They pulled it and said...no way dude we are doing this a 3rd time on our nickle.

He ended up having them put in a Spec clutch while it was torn apart. They gave him a discount on the install as well.

My friend rides his clutch and toasted it from what I was told.

well its a DD and i get on it maybe once or twice everyday. just making sure they cant pull out the clutch and say WTF you censored.gif it up. plus i clean my fender wells when i clean my car drool.gif

Yup clean off the rear fenders & take it back you should have no problem .

I could be riding it idk though. so can they say their not replacing it cause i ride it?

Yes they could say that. Ford has given the dealers pic's of what a clutch looks like that has been heated up from not using it correctly. If you ride your clutch and heat it up over and over...it will not last very long.

They might tell you that they will take it apart and if they find that is was your fault...you will have to pay. If they tell you that....have them put in a Spec Clutch. It's far less expensive than the factory one.

Alright. guess thats what i might do. i might just skip the dealer phase and just put in a Spec Clutch on my own. How much does it cost for the dealer to put it in?

I hate clutches sometimes.

3 hours labor at their going rate.

Yes they could say that. Ford has given the dealers pic's of what a clutch looks like that has been heated up from not using it correctly. If you ride your clutch and heat it up over and over...it will not last very long.

They might tell you that they will take it apart and if they find that is was your fault...you will have to pay. If they tell you that....have them put in a Spec Clutch. It's far less expensive than the factory one.

That sounds like good advise to me.

My clutch has been doing the same thing. Grinding in 2nd and 3rd unless I shift slow. Sometimes when I am at the light and put it in first I can feel a little "chunk" as well.

Did you have the TSB done? If so, the dealers put Mercon V ATF in after the rebuild, (its what they have). Tremec recommends Dextron III for the trans, IE as per the tag on the side of the trans.

Also these trans like to be warmed up to shift at there peak.

Archived